03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

wrestlemania-xxvi-logo.jpg

It is never too early especially since it is going to be the next WWE PPV.

straight_edge76

CM Punk at the very least should be in a good program going into Mania. IMO nobody in the company deserves a big time match more then Punk. All these Rey/Punk rumors, if they are true should be a great match; like they have already proven.

xtremebadass

I am amazed he is in a singles match. It looks like they will have some decent singles matches this year which they generally left off of Mania for quite some time. You know feuds the level of Christian vs. Jericho at WM20, just solid storylines with two good superstars.

noumenon

Looking like CM Punk/Rey. I just hope they don't go the route of mask vs. hair, the winner would be far too obvious. The match quality and Punk's promos alone should be enough to sell the match.

MizMasta3000

You think Punk would take their promos to the next level by mentioning Eddie?
OMG <<3 Punk

straight_edge76

Which is imo only because the WWE got rid of the MitB match. Which usually takes up all of the legitimate mid-card/upper mid-card guys that aren't involved in the Main Event matches/ filler matches. There are quite a few potential Mania matches involving guys like Punk, Mysterio, Christan, JoMo, Drew Mac, R-Truth, Ziggler, Bourne, Swagger and MVP who would otherwise be either left off of Mania's card or just thrown into MitB.

noumenon

I don't think they'd bring Eddie into the picture...saying the guy died from a life time of drug and steroid abuse. May as well bring up Benoit then. I could be wrong though...some of the subject matter they've allowed Punk to air has been shocking.

MizMasta3000

They still might end up doing some sort of battle royal to throw all of these guys in there

I don't think they'd bring Eddie into the picture...saying the guy died from a life time of drug and steroid abuse. May as well bring up Benoit then. I could be wrong though...some of the subject matter they've allowed Punk to air has been shocking.

Orton told Rey Eddie was in hell. I don't see why Punk would say "I can save you. Do you want to end up like Eddie" something like that

noumenon

Nah, fuck that... well thought out and interesting feuds for the mid card titles please.

straight_edge76

Bringing up Eddie is almost a given. I mean yes it might be "shocking" but wasn't bringing up Jeff Hardy's drug issues also shocking? Not nearly as shocking due to Eddie's death but still Drugs always have been a Taboo in mainstream wrestling and Punk has been letting alot of skeleton's out of the closet since turning heel.

xtremebadass

CM Punk would reach a level of heat that has not been touched if he were to talk crap about Eddie. I know Orton tried, but let's be honest he was not getting as much heat as Punk is getting even without Punk mentioning Eddie. It would be something to see.

noumenon

Orton simply said Eddie was in hell... he made no mention of his actual death. Seeing as the guy's widow is on the same brand as CM Punk out of respect and just common sense booking bringing up his death and reliance to pain killers/steroids might be a bit of a sore spot all around.
Besides, Rey has got enough sympathy pushes off of Eddie.

xtremebadass

Yea, Eddie is the only reason Rey could be called a World Champ right now.

Areoplex

Reaction score
Wrestlemania looks awesome. The matches already on and rumoured this WM could be a really good one. Cena vs Batista will probably be good just like their Summerslam match, Undertaker vs Michaels will be great, not as good as there first encounter at WM but still a great match to watch none the less. Edge vs Jericho will be awesome, the promo's up to the match will be great and then with talents such as their's the match itself will be great. It should definately go on last. The Rumored Punk vs Rey match shall be fantastic, they are both able to put on great matches and Punk carrying the feud in the promo department means that this could be an awesome mid card match. The MITB looks good with possible winners such as Morrison, Kofi and Christian. Personally I am looking for Christian to win it as I feel he deserves it more but thats just me.

Overall this is shaping up quite nicely and I am very much looking forward to it.