03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

You're still in one of the main events of the show. As MizMasta said, a title shot at WrestleMania still obviously means something. The Royal Rumble is the main way of getting said shot, thus it obviously meaning something.

Batista/Cena is also a way better choice to go on than Jericho/Edge. The crowd are going to be much more excited by the first match than the second, because Cena and Batista are much bigger stars than the other two.

Reaction score
^^^Well, after Monday I'm inclined to agree. Batista gave his best promo in years and that made me interested.

phantomgerald

I can't bring myself to care for this WM. Sure I'll watch it, but man, there is nothing that really interests me.

CM Punk-Mysterio

This was so rushed and I still have no idea why they hate each other? Because Punk bullied Mysterio's family? Mysterio was a cunt for bringing them in and not hitting Punk in the first place. No real interest but it'll probably be a good match.

Sheamus-HHH

Way too rushed and it was a sudden attack on HHH that started this. Again, for what?

Randy Orton-Ted Dibiase- Cody Rhodes

They've made Orton look so much tougher than either one of them, so is it really intriguing. They should have made this really personal by bringing their parents in and getting attacked in their homes or something.

HBK-Undertaker

This is one of the more interesting feuds, but god damn it it is so predicatable. When HBK talked about it in Nov, you could sense it was a prelude to this match. Him costing Taker in the EC? Predicatble. Making it career vs streak? Predicatble. HBK losing? Predicatble.

R-Truth/JoMo-ShowMiz

Are the WWE Creative guys really that lazy and narrow-minded that they never start planning a face tag team since JeriShow were running rampant to compete on WM, so they just threw two midcarders together. This is no more different than any of the thrown together teams in recent years.

MITB

This to me, is what I'm most interested in seeing play out. There really isn't any overwhelming favourite in this match, and there are a good variety of up and comers and veterans in this match. I hope Christian wins. Kofi is being wasted in this match though.

Batista-Cena

Batista picked up his promos in recent weeks. His promo last week was hilarious. Again, way too damn predictable. Cena will win to give the kids a happy ending.

Edge-Jericho

What the fuck is wrong with this feud. A WM feud revolving around the spear? I'm cringing asI'm typing it. I have no interest in this feud since Edge picked his opponent. Most boring Main Event in the last ten years.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I can't bring myself to care for this WM. Sure I'll watch it, but man, there is nothing that really interests me.

CM Punk-Mysterio

This was so rushed and I still have no idea why they hate each other? Because Punk bullied Mysterio's family? Mysterio was a cunt for bringing them in and not hitting Punk in the first place. No real interest but it'll probably be a good match.

So rushed? They've only been attacking each other since just after the Royal Rumble.

Sheamus-HHH

Way too rushed and it was a sudden attack on HHH that started this. Again, for what?

Because not only did Triple H pin Sheamus in the Elimination Chamber, but he also cost Sheamus his rematch by concussing him. Seriously, this one was flat out explained to you word for word. How can you not have got it?

Randy Orton-Ted Dibiase- Cody Rhodes

They've made Orton look so much tougher than either one of them, so is it really intriguing. They should have made this really personal by bringing their parents in and getting attacked in their homes or something.

Orton is tougher than Rhodes and DiBiase, but Rhodes and DiBiase work together. Why would you want to bring the senior citizens in to hog the spotlight? This isn't TNA, nor should it want to be like TNA.

HBK-Undertaker

This is one of the more interesting feuds, but god damn it it is so predicatable. When HBK talked about it in Nov, you could sense it was a prelude to this match. Him costing Taker in the EC? Predicatble. Making it career vs streak? Predicatble. HBK losing? Predicatble.

You mean when HBK said he wanted the rematch? That was a spoiler that it may happen at WrestleMania? No freakin' way. Sorry there was no SWERVE~! and that this went logically.

R-Truth/JoMo-ShowMiz

Are the WWE Creative guys really that lazy and narrow-minded that they never start planning a face tag team since JeriShow were running rampant to compete on WM, so they just threw two midcarders together. This is no more different than any of the thrown together teams in recent years.

Morrison and R-Truth have been known to be friends for quite some time, plus Morrison and Miz have history as a tag team, and now they're against each other. Simple story, and what should be a pretty great match.

MITB

This to me, is what I'm most interested in seeing play out. There really isn't any overwhelming favourite in this match, and there are a good variety of up and comers and veterans in this match. I hope Christian wins. Kofi is being wasted in this match though.

Kofi was the star last year in this match. How is increasing the quality of it a waste?

Batista-Cena

Batista picked up his promos in recent weeks. His promo last week was hilarious. Again, way too damn predictable. Cena will win to give the kids a happy ending.

Logical is a good thing. Batista has been on fire as a heel, while Cena has played a good face like always. This feud has been amazingly hot.

Edge-Jericho

What the fuck is wrong with this feud. A WM feud revolving around the spear? I'm cringing asI'm typing it. I have no interest in this feud since Edge picked his opponent. Most boring Main Event in the last ten years.

No, it revolves around Edge wanting revenge against Jericho. The Spear is just a subplot in which Edge attempts to get in the head of Jericho, using his smart character that he used as a heel and translating it to the role of a face. Admittedly, it hasn't been a great feud, but you've still managed to miss the story entirely.

Reaction score
Why are so many people so down on mania this year? Wrestlemania 22 looked much worse on paper and turned out pretty well. Only Boogey/Booker laid an egg. Have faith, it's Wrestlemania, it's at a huge outdoor stadium, it's 4 hours! That's plenty of time to drink people!!

maty619

Reaction score
I know it's a bit late but I had to get in on this, my predictions are:

Cena vs Batista-via deliberate DQ but I hope not.

Edge vs Jericho-not too sure on this one so I just went with what I want to see.

Taker vs HBK-I agree, HHH heel turn costing HBK the match.

Bret vs Vince-Couldn't care less.

HHH vs Sheamus-Accidental distraction by Shawn costing HHH the match, provokes HHH.

Rey vs Punk-I'm torn, I'm a Rey fan but the amazing storyline we could get from Punk winning is worth making Rey lose.

ShowMiz vs Whatever little name you want-Hart Dynasty become no.1 contenders on Smackdown or in a Dark match.

Orton vs Cody vs Ted-No questions asked.

MITB-Shelton Benjamin-Against my better judgement.

Beth vs Vickie- some sort of interference from LayCool.

Soulpower

I don't know about anyone else, but I am not looking forward to HBK retiring.... for a couple of months :shifty:

Montana

No HBK will suck for the WWE.

-The womens match i don't really care about, but i'd say the face team will win. (the one vickie isn't on)

- HHH over Shaemus ...short and sweet. Shaemus is getting the rub just going against HHH. No Surprise here.

- CM Punk over Rey Mysterio. Should be a great match, and i can see this one going either way.

- Orton vs. Rhodes vs. Dibiase - I want to say Orton will win. But i think he may get screwed over somehow. I'll stick with Orton though. Rhodes/Dibiase will probably bump into each other, giving Orton the opening for a RKO.

- Christian vs Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger vs Evan Bourne vs Kane vs Drew MacIntyre vs Kofi Kingston vs Matt Hardy vs MVP vs Shelton Benjamin

I think Christian is a safe pick. I'd like to see Swagger win, but that probably won't happen. Kofi is still the dark horse imo.

-
Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon

- Bret wins, no surprise.

- Edge vs. Jericho
- I'll go with Jericho. I said if this is the last match, Edge will win. But i don't think it will, so i'll say Jericho.

- Cena over Batista. - I'm loving the heel Batista, but it's Cena and it's WM. Batista is going to be around too much longer, so no sense having him beat Cena.

- Taker over HBK - Someone is going to screw HBK imo. HHH or Bret Hart. I would't be incredibly surprised if HBK won, i just wouldn't bet anything on it. Should be a nice grand finale to the show. (should be at least)

CenaMark54

Predictions:

1. Money in Bank Ladder Match:
Winner: Christian

2. Miz Show vs Truth/Morrison
Winner: Truth/Morrison

3. Mysterio vs Punk:
Winner: Punk

4. Orton vs Dibiase vs Rhodes
Winner: Randy Orton

5. Jericho vs Edge
Winner and still WHC Chris Jericho

6. Triple H vs Sheamus
Winner: Triple H

7. Bret Hart vs Mr McMahon
Winner: Bret Hart

8. Undertaker vs HBK:
Winner: Taker

9. 10 Diva Tag Match
Winner: Who Cares. It will give people a piss break and a break in between the main events.

10. Cena vs Batista:
Winner and new WWE champion John Cena

xtremebadass

I read somewhere that the Diva's tag match will be pre-show. I doubt they would drop an already advertised match to pre-show for a women's match that was not advertised at all.

maty619

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Christian or Drew win MITB but because everyone is predicting it I would find it boring if one of them did win, I want to see a shocking win, and if you don't know who I want to win just look at any of my posts about MITB. Who else thinks that Matt Hardy seems to be getting back to his old self, he looks alot better now he is wearing pants again and I think mentoring Justin Gabriel is actually helping him and is contributing to him getting a possible push, as Gabriel is one of the best if not the best NXT rookie.

Reaction score
^^^It's interesting you'd say that. I've guessed correctly a few times before or during a ppv and then it becomes anti-climactic. That's how pro wrestling is sometimes.

xtremebadass

I am still hoping for Punk and Rey to open the show. I hate how MITB has been starting the show for a couple years. I want to watch the show looking forward to MITB not WWE slapping you in the face with it right away.