03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I'd love to see Christian win, and then cash in later in the night after the Jericho-Edge match. But only have him cash in if Jericho retains, because doing two title changes in one night (ala Extreme Rules last year, and Elimination Chamber last weekend) greatly devalues said Championship.

Plus, I think a Edge-Jericho-Christian fued would be killer.

the408kid

Reaction score
I know he's not the best on the mic but I hope Shelton Benjamin wins the MITB match this year. I say this because of his sick spots in these matches and he's been with the wwe for a long time. He is famous for this type of match and it would be vindication for his career to win at least one MITB.

xtremebadass

Shelton Benjamin falls into the category of establishing a match, but never winning that match he is establishing. Shelton has been a huge pivotal part in the history of MITB, but I doubt he will ever win. He is used for big spots which are used in highlight reels and give meaning to the match itself. He promotes the match and makes it entertaining.

the408kid

Reaction score
Shelton Benjamin falls into the category of establishing a match, but never winning that match he is establishing. Shelton has been a huge pivotal part in the history of MITB, but I doubt he will ever win. He is used for big spots which are used in highlight reels and give meaning to the match itself. He promotes the match and makes it entertaining.
Good point and I still dont think he's championship material myself but I thought for once, give him the victory for vindication for his years in the wwe.

xtremebadass

Yea he has really proved his loyalty and devotion to the WWE, throw the guy a bone. I would even settle for the IC or US belt again. They jacked him around all 3 brands for the past 2-3 years and he never really accomplished anything changing heel to face and back again over and over. I thought he found himself with the Gold Standard gimmick, but it just turned out to be the same Shelton.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
Christian or Ziggler, and it will be cashed in on the night.

I don't think Christian will win it, but Ziggler might. I don't know about everyone else, but I am very fond of Ziggler. I really hope he wins the match and cashes it in ASAP.

I don't really see anyone else winning, yet.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Good point and I still dont think he's championship material myself but I thought for once, give him the victory for vindication for his years in the wwe.

He is loyal granted, But he is used as a spot monkey for MITB plain and simple. He has next to no mic skills, Seriously no charisma. The guy just cant get over no matter how hard he tries the fans just done give a shit about him. So i doubt he will win it.

I don't think Christian will win it, but Ziggler might. I don't know about everyone else, but I am very fond of Ziggler. I really hope he wins the match and cashes it in ASAP.

I don't really see anyone else winning, yet.

Ziggler IMO shouldn't be getting a title shot above other mid carders like Miz, Morrison, MVP, Hell id even like to see Kane have a shot 1st.
I Doubt he will win it.

I think Christian and if he doesn't that is just some fucked up shit right there. He has come back been stuck on ECW since his return.

Gave the guy a break let him roll with the briefcase and cash it and be in the Main Event on SD or Raw, Preferably SD.

xtremebadass

Christian wins MITB and cashes in on Edge once he wins the world title causing a huge Christian heel turn.

OMG how sweet would that be.

xtremebadass

It's not completely impossible. Christian coming straight off a huge successful face long reigning ECW title run only to screw over Edge who is supposed to be the big face who won the rumble. It would be something to see.

kingovkings

Reaction score
It's not completely impossible. Christian coming straight off a huge successful face long reigning ECW title run only to screw over Edge who is supposed to be the big face who won the rumble. It would be something to see.

That would be awesome i would love to see that happen.Thing is i would be torn TBH.
Because i would like to see Jericho hold the title longer than Mania and not just be a transition champ. He deserves i decent run with the title.

It would be great to see Christian cash it on Edge though that would be the shit :).

straight_edge76

Christan would be the most likely choice for MitB this year, but quite a few people thought he was a shoe in last year also and look how that turned out? Honestly Ziggler winning the qualifying match on SD suprised the fuck out of me. I was almost sure that Morrison would be the person to not only make it in but be a strong candidate to win also.

xtremebadass

I am glad to see a new face in MITB this year. I mean the guy had what 26 IC title shots on and off of TV? I am glad he made it onto Mania he is the most deserving out of all the new talent who has not made it into MITB before.

LKP

Four more guys to go also guys it could be anyone of those four who have not qualified yet.