03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

You got to think though. People are already expecting HBK vs. Taker II to be a let down from their previous match. If it is indeed a let down I suspect it shouldn't be risked as the main event of the show. The people have to be sent home happy. I expect Edge to become champ and walk out to cap off the show. In this order WWE title match, Taker/HBK, then Edge/Jericho.

LKP

I think taker vs hbk II will be better i dunno why. I think Jericho somehow will regain his title. Edge chasing him up until extreme rules in a ladder match sounds good to me.

Montana

Lineup so far:

Edge vs. Jericho
Cena vs. Batista
Undertaker vs. Cena
MITB

Great lineup of matches so far, even though the storylines leave a little to be desired. I can totally see HHH screwing HBK out of his match against taker, costing him his career. Leading into a HHH vs. HBK final match that is non sanctioned.

Rumored Matches

Orton vs. Legacy

HHH vs. Shaemus?!?

Miz/Big Show vs. ????

Divas match

Well booked matches to be added too. Should be a good show this year. Really excited for Taker vs HBK.

noumenon

I think taker vs hbk II will be better i dunno why. I think Jericho somehow will regain his title. Edge chasing him up until extreme rules in a ladder match sounds good to me.

I actually like that idea. Jericho more than deserves a long reign with the title this time around. Also don't forget the possibility of Edge being drafted away from Smackdown after Mania. Although it's a pretty safe bet Edge will be picking up the title at Mania, the ladder match sounds cool.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Honestly this year the Title matches shouldn't be the main event, Taker/HBK II should by all means get to be THE last match on the card. Because lets face it what will be the long standing memory of WM26 be?

Bret Hart embarrassing himself in a match with Vince McMahon?

Jaybsty

Reaction score
I don't know if Sheamus and HHH is a lock for WM tbh. I could more likely see Hunter and Horny vs. Mizshow for the Tag Team Titles. I know it will suck but lets be honest the creative team knows the little kids would love to see the game and the midget win Tag Team gold.

Airfixx

I actually like that idea. Jericho more than deserves a long reign with the title this time around. Also don't forget the possibility of Edge being drafted away from Smackdown after Mania. Although it's a pretty safe bet Edge will be picking up the title at Mania, the ladder match sounds cool.

See that's why i couldn't muster up any enthusiasm for Jericho's win @ EC... He's literally just holding the title for Edge... The same reason why I hoped that we'd get Edge v someone else for the title (Punk ideally) so that the title element of the eventual Jericho/Edge fued would have had more weight to it.

I mean, a rational guy in Jericho's position would just be inclined to think 'Oh well, easy come, easy go'... Where's the heat in that (Assuming this will indeed run beyond Mania)?

As some have already said, it feels a little rushed/forced and I'm worried there isn't enough 'ammo' for the pair of them to realise the potential of such an awesome pairing.

Wondering, how many world titles has Jericho held since returning.... I remember reading rumours that he'd had 5 world titles written into his contract... Considering the transitional reigns he's had over the last year or two we could start to see Jericho slipping back down the card before too long.

noumenon

^The rumors you hear of world titles written into contracts is always complete bullshit. People are never guarenteed titles, it simply has to do with what is best for the product at the time.

I still don't think there's enough there for a feud between Jericho and Edge. If they use Jericho as a transitional champion it'll seriously be a slap in the face. Sorry, but Jericho is better than Edge in every possible way... and it shows even more so since Edge has turned face. At least let Edge chase the title for a few months. If he does indeed drop the title at Mania is was pretty damn pointless to even put it on him and the WHC could have easily been used in the Cena/Tista feud.

xtremebadass

I highly doubt an Edge World title reign can succeed with Edge being face. It's bad enough to sacrifice a perfectly good Jericho title reign, but to sacrifice it for something that WWE doesn't even know will work or not? Edge hasn't been face since 2004...and he wasn't even a world champ back then. I mean face Edge was cool, but that was pre-Rated R Superstar pre-main event...this does not look good.

Reaction score
haha yeah the last time Edge was face he was still Matt Hardys bestfriend

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I can't shake the feeling that we're going to get Miz-Danielson for the United States Championship at 'Mania. There's no good tag teams (and lets face it, there hasn't been in a long time.) that are a legitimate threat to the Unified Tag titles that justify a match at WM. I could see ArmDrag costing ShoWMiz the titles (against MVP-Henry, maybe?) which leads to the above mentioned match.

Predictions:

1.) WWE Championship match: Batista (c) vs. John Cena
2.) World Heavyweight Championship match: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Edge
3.) Career vs. Streak: Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker
4.) Street Fight: Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon
5.) Money in the Bank
6.) Hair vs. Mask: CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio
7.) Randy Orton w/Bob Orton vs. Ted DiBiase, Jr. w/Ted DiBiase, Sr. vs. Cody Rhodes w/Dusty Rhodes
8.) Triple H vs. Sheamus
9.) WWE United States Championship match: The Miz (c) vs. Bryan Danielson
10.) Divas match

Mister J

Reaction score
Where are the good matches for Wrestlemania 26?

Great One

I don't know if Sheamus and HHH is a lock for WM tbh. I could more likely see Hunter and Horny vs. Mizshow for the Tag Team Titles. I know it will suck but lets be honest the creative team knows the little kids would love to see the game and the midget win Tag Team gold.
ROFL!

7.) Randy Orton w/Bob Orton vs. Ted DiBiase, Jr. w/Ted DiBiase, Sr. vs. Cody Rhodes w/Dusty Rhodes
That actually sounds pretty cool. Don't even really need Bob Orton.

Also, I'm actually pretty certain that Jericho will retain at WM. I mean, Edge hasn't been that over thus far before last night in his face/tweener run, so I would think Vince would see it too and not act on it. He's still finding his character at the moment and finding a good mix in between. Plus, the main and ultimate reason is, we all know Cena is walking out as the WWE champion... I mean, that would ruin the pattern OF THE LAST 5 FUCKING YEARS (with the exception of Orton winning).

Montana

I'm kinda surprised Dolph Ziggler made the Wrestlemania cut. I'd have to imagine bigger name than Ziggler will be left off the card.

Who's everyone early MITB predictions?