WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

I don't know about the Henry push...I'm pretty sure that'll be going to Bourne with a feud with Swagger....the practically non-existant champ..lol.
Does anyone really want to see a Henry/Bourne feud...ugh...omg

LKP

Ii think Henry would win that feud no matter how much they push bourne. I think he will get more of a kinda push in 3 weeks cause of the draft making him look good on ecw for a few weeks can make him more credible if he to raw or smackdown. I notice they do things like that around draft time.

Zarhan

Reaction score
Damn ! Ecw is only 1h and for a few moment its better then smackdown ! I dont know if its Ecw that begins to be better or its smackdown that just **** :p

Zarhan

xtremebadass

That was by far the biggest waste of an hour of my entire life. The main event of a recap show was Bella vs. Bella. Are you kidding me?

No use of Bourne, Kid, Swagger, nothing.

I am surprised Christian didn't kill himself in that match with Kane, Henry, and Finlay, talk about a pretty much untalented match, except Christian of course.

Bottom line, I didn't expect highlight videos and commercial breaks.

PeepShow

That HBK/Taker video was the longest thing I've ever seen. Had to be around 10 minutes long.

EDIT -

Some dudes review said:
Christian walks out to the ring. followed by Finlay w/ Hornswoggle. next is Mark Henry. Kane's pyro lights up the arena.

it will be Christian and Finlay against Kane and Henry.
it looks like they are trying to keep Kane in their corner

(back from commercial)

Kane and Mark Henry are in total control of Finlay. Finlay gets a tag. Christian counters the worlds strongest slam. he doesn't counter the second slam and Mark Henry gets the pin. Henry then drops Kane.

they are now showing a video that involves 12 rounds

(another commercial)

(back from commercial)

they announce that Vince will induct Stone Cold into the Hall of Fame

they show a Michaels vs. Undertaker video

this is the longest video ever. (guess they are trying to buy some time)

(another commercial)

(back from commercial)

showing a video of the triple threat match at Wrestlemania

another long video

(another commercial)

(back from commercial)

they are showing a Wrestlemania rewind. this time its the battle of the billionaires match

now they are showing a Triple H vs Orton video

(another commercial)

(back from commercial)

its time for Nikki Bella vs Brie Bella

brie tries a roll up but it fails. nikki does this insane leg and arm submission nikki gets a roll up.

and that's all folks. ECW has now ended

:lmao

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
ECW sucked the big one this week. An hour show with only 2 matches. And the main event was the 2 green girls 1st singles match. Hmm and you guys talk about TNA being bad.

Reaction score
So I read an ECW review which emphasised the omission of a Jack Swagger tantrum tirade re: his absence from Wrestlemania. You would think a promo of this nature would be right up Mr. Swagger's alley, but such an occurrence was completely ignored this Tuesday night.

It's testament to VKM's apparent "turning south" on Swagger.

PeepShow

It isn't even funny how much better ECW is than any other show atm. Another great show tonight besides that Russian jobber coming out for a couple minutes. Morrison/Bourne went over 17 minutes (ON TV~!) and was GREAT. Tiffany is :wub: The main event was also solid. Christian/Finlay the first time was great, so I doubt their match on Thursday will be any different.

Morrison/Bourne ~ ***1/2
Christian/Finlay/Dreamer ~ ***

J

Dang Morrison vs Bourne was an amazing match, I hope to god those two can keep this going for a bit and hopefully get a PPV match. The only thing that annoys me is after one year they break Morrison and Miz up like that. It's so dumb.

Montana

Ehhh, pretty good show. I wouldn't say it was great. Morrison vs. Bourne was real good. No complaints there. But the rest was average imo. I like the "chase to the championship" concept, however when you have Finlay and Dreamer in your "Main Event" it tends to be a little boring. Still a decent match. ECW caters to a audience. They put on good wrestling, and not really much in the way of entertainment/promos. ECW is good for what it is, but i just don't look at is as a complete show like a monday night raw. In terms of wrestling, you could argue ECW, but as a complete show...that would be a tough arguement to win.

The ROH show reminds me a lot of ECW, with good wrestling and very simple basic storylines. Which is pretty much old school style.

PeepShow

Exactly. I'm really getting tired of the clusterfuck nonsense that goes on weekly with Raw and SD. I'd rather watch good up and coming wrestlers wrestle great matches and have some good backstage stuff every once in a while than watch a bunch of guys who've been in the main event for around 10+ years and all of which seems old, stale, and boring. But hey, what do I know.,

Montana

I'd tend to agree with you, that most hardcore wrestling fans (IWC) want to see. Good wrestling with storylines that make sense. Entertainment is where the money and ratings are at though. I don't think there has been any show to ever perfect a combination of entertainment and wrestling.

Plus like you meantioned, giving some fresh talent a shot. You really don't see much in the way of debuts in Raw/SD or Impact for that matter. I personally think there should be about 1 debut per month, per show. Sounds like a lot....but why not give someone a shot and see if the fans like them.

As far the best show...i think it changes just about every week, or every other week for me. I'm more of a entertainment fan from wwe/tna....So I'd RAW/Impact are normally my favorite shows of the week. Then SD/ECW sometimes put on really good shows too. Once every couple months SD puts on something that catches my eye (Like last week) Or ECW puts on 2 bad ass matches.

But the Entertainment vs Wrestling arguement will never die.

Beer Money Army

ok since i have done Impact/RAW/Smackdown i'm going do ecw.. (there is a couple shows i gotta watch still in ECW)

1. jack Swagger Vs Christian **1/2 8:14 Non title (nice match nice length to can't complain on this match, since it's christian 1st match on tv inside a 4 sided ring for a long time)

2. christian/finlay Vs henry/swagger ** 8-9 Mins (decent lil tag team for free tv. I like the length as you can sit and watch the endurance side of these wrestlers since Raw/smackdown basically does 3-5 mins match most of the time).

3. swagger/miz/morrison vs christian/dreamer/finlay **1/2 8:18 (nice ok match, i felt dreamer hurt the match a lil bit, while the others was spot on in it. like the time for it as well)

4. carlito Vs John Morrison ** 5:59 (for some reason these 2 weren't on at the night, dissappointing tho :()

5. swagger/kidd Vs bourne/dreamer ** 6:20 (decent lil match, i wouldnt mind seeing Kidd Vs bourne in the future tho)

6. benjamin/henry Vs Christian/MVP ** 3:58 (ok lil match, short time)

7. Jamie Noble Vs Evan bourne * 2:58 (basically a squash really)

8. Paul Birchall Vs Finlay * 3:03 (i dunno why people talk up Birchall, i havent see anything great in him and yeah match sucked)

PeepShow

Are those you're TV matches of the year or something? If so, Christian/Swagger is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too low. I had it at ***1/4-***1/2. Also, tonights opener with Bourne/Morrison is ***1/2 also. Went over 17 MINUTES. Awesome stuff.

seX-Power

Nah, Swagger v Christian was **3/4, the ending and time detracted from it. Give these two a PPV match and I could see a ***3/4 match being produced, we might even get this come backlash.