WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

Yeah your right dude. I'm just shocked it was a good show without Bourne. Its like saying raw was good without Orton? Or smackdown is good without edge. I think each show has a guy that normally makes it worth watching. Smackdown after the draft is another story thoguht its all good there. If ECW is good without Bourne then im all for it, good for ECW :). I wonder where he was? I don't even think he was on dark matches either.

Soulpower

He mentioned the prime minister of Russia or something, than said "the communist currently in the White House," he can get fired for that dude.

Vince is a republican. If anything, Striker will get a pat on the back.

Now as for the show.

Dreamer vs Henry was about as good as one would expect with Henry involved. Tommy actually got in a lot of offense (Even hitting the DDT for a near-fall), but ultimately lost to the WSS.

Kidd vs Finlay was not as good as their match from a few weeks back, but it was still pretty good. Of course, the big thing coming out of this match-up was the return of DH Smith, and the apparent formation of the new Hart-Foundation (Yes, it rhymes!). Also, HART F'N ATTACK! That is all. I loved that the fans actually reacted to the Finlay beatdown, since normally we don't get that type of reaction (For heels, anyways) on ECW.

CHAD COLLYER... got squashed by Kozlov. Post-match, Vladimir cut his usual promo, and we still don't care.

The Peepshow was simply awesome. I liked the package highlighting Swagger's lisp, and although it was expected to see some sort of physical altercation, it needed to happen since Christian had gotten his ass kicked by Swagger in the past weeks.

Another week, another solid show by ECW. Yes, I was disappointed at the lack of Evan Bourne, but by no means did his absence make for a bad show. I'm starting to feel sorry for RAW, as its rapidly becoming the least interesting brand under the WWE banner.

-TJ-

Time to save this dead thread.

So what do you guys think about Bourne and Mizark? Seems like a could be good feud to me. If they start one.

DENNIN

Reaction score
Wow this has been dead for a while. So does anyone else love Yoshi Tatsu's theme music?

Soulpower

Wow this has been dead for a while. So does anyone else love Yoshi Tatsu's theme music?

Not only is his entrance theme good, he's was actually good in the ring too. Granted, he was facing Shelton (Who usually puts on good matches) but Yoshi still managed to hang with him.

seX-Power

Am I the only one rooting for a massive Ezekiel Jackson push? Hopefully he fills Mark Henry's old spot successfully.

xtremebadass

Alright, I missed ECW because I had to work on Thursday, please tell me Abraham Washington didn't have another show!

the dark knight

did the washington guy have another show? is it worth watching?

Soulpower

Alright, I missed ECW because I had to work on Thursday, please tell me Abraham Washington didn't have another show!

*Sigh*. He had another show, this time with Tommy Dreamer as the guest. It was a mild improvement over last week's show, but not by much.

Airfixx

Am I the only one rooting for a massive Ezekiel Jackson push? Hopefully he fills Mark Henry's old spot successfully.

...Maybe it's just me, but I got the impression that they may try and work him in as a face... He wasn't acting anywhere near as moody pre-bell.

...But yeah, he did look good.

seX-Power

How do you see the ECW title scene going in the near future? I think that Christian will capture his 2nd ECW title at Night of Champions and then go onto a four way match at Summerslam (Christian/Dreamer/Kozlov/Regal) where Kozlov will capture the title, so all the hype will finally amount to something. Plus, a Kozlov/Christian feud would > a Dreamer/Kozlov feud in entertainment and draw. Kozlov can then have a nice monster heel reign and defend against guys like Christian, Dreamer, Goldust (wow, small roster), Shelton Benjamin (I'm expecting a face turn) under Regal's guidance until master turns on student and Regal captures the title from Kozlov. Then, going into Wrestlemania we can have Regal/Christian and have Christian capture a 3rd ECW title and then being drafted away weeks later (the title is vacated, and Christian's win is only to add to his resume and to have a WM feel good moment). That could be pretty sweet in regards to ECW, actually. :D

Airfixx

^^^I'm feelin' the extent of the Regal involvement... Especialy a title reign!

Thought he was on top form this week... I don't care what show he's on, it's just good to see him (seemingly) in their plans. Way to put him over too, Stryker! :y:

PeepShow

lmao @ Benjamin beating Christian. How fucking stupid is this? Seriously. Benjamin was being and acting like a low level jobber just 2 weeks ago and this week beats the top babyface on the show. Really fucking nice.