WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

Christian/Swagger was great, and hopefully continues. My only problem with Swagger as the main guy on ECW is that his matches tend to get stale after happening once or twice. The great part about Morrison then Punk then Matt Hardy being the top players is that they could literally have the same match three weeks in a row and they would all be great.

Oh, and Tyson Kidd looks really impressive. He's just a real smarmy heel and it works well with his background.

The Rated R CMStar

...and that's why he brought him back.

Meh, it's just them pushing Jack Swagger. Besides, Christian was pushed to the moon during all these weeks, and I can easily seeing him getting into MITB by going over Finlay

LKP

Christian in mitb is to early or at least why would he be in it if he just lost the ecw title match. Im guessing finlay vs henry vs swagger vs christian vs dreamer vs boogeyman in a 6 man hardcore match for the ecw title. Or a battle royal of some sort.

The Rated R CMStar

Christian in mitb is to early or at least why would he be in it if he just lost the ecw title match

...because he would win a qualifying match.

LKP

Nah i cant see him in it. Ecw title til the draft he will be involved in my opinion.

Airfixx

Just echoing the sentiments of others, but damn that was a good match! ...As always, not helped by the numerous ad breaks, but upon that evidence I'd have liked to have seen the pair of them kick it on a PPV.

PeepShow

First two matches were awful. Pretty good debut for both Alicia and Natalya. I enjoy her work :y:

I laughed rather HARD at Santino's promo and THE DIRT SHEET. Oh, and every match Christian has been in so far has owned. At least *** in every one of his matches, and these are TV MATCHES here people.

Christian 2.0

Reaction score
^^^Agreed. Christian has added value and star power to a show that Matt Hardy just couldn't do. I like Matt but Christian made himself,( with TNA's help), into a real main event star.

I thought Kane vs. Boogeyman should've been longer. It's a match I was just starting to get in to when it ended. They need to develop something with them, 80's style.

Evil Austin

^ Just so you know he was fired. But what do you mena 80's style do you see Boogyman being a Papa shango sort of gimmick.

PeepShow

This whole show was great. Pretty good opener with GREAT commentary, a decent match with Gabriel/Kidd, and pretty great result in the battle royal. Was really shocked and found it pretty odd that Finlay and the champ himself, Swagger, wasn't even on the show.

noumenon

Still kind of wondering what's going to happen for Swagger at Mania. He almost seems lost in the shuffle right now. And with Christian in MITB it kinda leaves him shut out. Unless they're planning on a pre-mania rumble and introducing a new guy into ECW

xtremebadass

I hope Bourne returns and challenges Swagger for the belt at Mania! That would make up for WWE not putting Bourne in MITB.

Other than that I am pretty sure ECW is getting better. Whoever doesn't think DJ Gabriel is epic needs to GTFO because that guy has talent written all over him.

...and Ricky Ortiz too.

Christian ain't too bad either lol.

Travis40

I think it'll be Dreamer/Swagger at Mania. This whole June 4th (or whatever the date is) thing with Dreamer is gonna be worthless if he never even gets a shot at the ECW Championship. I think Dreamer might actually win the title at WrestleMania if he can sign a new contract.

xtremebadass

It will not be Swagger vs. Dreamer, why start a one on one rivalry that's probably going to be a one shot deal with the fans, in terms of interest, that lasts from Mania until ONS? That's way too long to see Dreamer lose everytime. Dreamer will win the belt at ONS and then retire the next night. They are hyping Bourne's return right before Mania, why hype this guy if he isn't involved in the biggest PPV of the year they are also hyping. If he wasn't involved with Mania they would have waited until the draft to bring him back.

^Why so high on Ortiz?

Ricky Ortiz is one of the greatest things ECW has, but WWE won't give him the time he needs to really get his skills set. Ricky Ortiz is the shit in ECW.