WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
That was a pretty solid ECW. I didn't realize it til last night, but Gabriel is pretty good in the ring. This program with him and Tyson Kid should have some great matches in it. Bourne returning next week, which I think is dumb to have him return before mania unless they have him on Mania. I was thinking they would have a Bourne/Kid program after they mentioned him during Kid's match last week, but I don't see that happening just yet. So I'm asuming he'll be floating around for a while.

I thought it was odd though how they didn't have the ECW champ on the show at all, or the number 1 cont. for the belt or the previous number 1 cont. Finlay (which ever he maybe now). The battle royal was good and unpredictable, almost better than the Rumble. And I hope with JTG eliminating Shad isn't going to start a "beef" feud with them and a break up, hoping that it was just the everyman for himself deal.

xtremebadass

I thought it was funny, call me racist, but JTG eliminated Shad and then Truth eliminated JTG, what happened to brothers having each other's backs?

PeepShow

Bourne returning next week, which I think is dumb to have him return before mania unless they have him on Mania. I was thinking they would have a Bourne/Kid program after they mentioned him during Kid's match last week, but I don't see that happening just yet. So I'm asuming he'll be floating around for a while.

I'm fairly certain he'll start feuding for the title and build it up for about a month like Christian did, before finally getting his match for the title at Mania.

xtremebadass

There is no way they will pass up Bourne vs. Swagger at Mania for Dreamer vs. Swagger. Even WWE knows Dreamer at Mania is a terrible idea.

Just look at WrestleMania 23.

LKP

If bourne does not take punks money in the bank place, so punk can fight jbl for ic title. He will be in the ecw title match whether its one on one or a 3 way with dreamer bourne and swagger.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Mysterio vs Swagger will happen @ Mania.

The past two weeks of ECW have been pretty solid. The match between The Miz and Primo last week was awesome. They got what, twenty minutes? Great stuff. I've really warmed to Primo, and The Miz had his best ever singles match right there. It surprised the fuck outta me.

This week was solid. Evan Bourne returning was obviously awesome. Great to see him back. Seemed like they were hyping Kidd vs Bourne with Striker's commentary, as well as showing him watching, which can only lead to good things.

ECW is probably the best wrestling in the WWE right now.

PeepShow

lmao if they actually have the show next week with nothing but divas on it.

PeepShow

Yeah, I'll laugh if the rating spikes like crazy like it does for their knockouts' segments.

xtremebadass

Is it me or did MVP have fantastic mic skills last night? That was really the first big promo he has had being a face and I think he did excellent. He even changed up his rhyme at the end where he didn't say "The VIP Lounge is for people better than you" since he can't put the fans down now that he's face.

noumenon

Personally I think the VIP lounge should have been reserved for the last Smackdown before Mania....resulting in a crazy brawl...not Kane's pyro going off and scaring everyone.

LKP

Yeah it was a good ecw this week. VIP Lounge was ok but everyone being scared of kanes pyro i mean WTF?! He does that before a match up and they dont walk away then do they? Plus come on if it was that scary, 7 guys cant take on 1? I know its not real and made Kane look good. I think that they could have come up with something better than that.

noumenon

Who wants to take bets that Kane's big spot in MITB will either be a chokeslam from the top of the ladder or he'll do one of his flying clotheslines where his feet touch the floor before he actually connects with the move..lol

LKP

I say a choke slam on a light guy like kofi to make it look good. And i also say after MITB on ecw Henry will get a push again. And we might see a worlds strongest slam off a ladder also.