01/04 iMPACT! Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

I wish Christian was still in TNA. He could have benefited so much more in this situation if he was in TNA than on ECW. But no, he had to go back to WWE only to have Vince McMahon shit all over him.

Axis

It's the same thing, but you didn't hear it from me.

You talk to any actual wrestler like Flair, Hogan, Triple H, whoever, they will make no bones about saying that Angle is the best wrestler on the planet.

When you come onto the internet smarky smarky land, you hear all kinds of BS to the contrary.

Wat. First of all, I'm curious if you have any evidence to back up your claim. Since you are the one with the positive claim, it is up to you to provide evidence if you want to be taken seriously. Do you have any evidence that, on this day, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, John Cena, Randy Orton, Bret Hart (you said "whoever") would name Kurt Angle as the best wrestler in the planet? Do you have any proof at all, or did you just pull it out of your ass and try to play it off as fact?

I have no problem agreeing that Kurt Angle was once the greatest wrestler in the world. I have no problem agreeing that Kurt Angle is still great. But to label him as the best in the world when he's not even the best in HIS COMPANY (see: AJ Styles), then we've got a problem. So, please, go ahead and make the argument for me as to why Kurt Angle is the best in the world. But before you do that, I would like to see some hard proof that Triple H, in particularly, currently sees Kurt Angle as the best wrestler in the world.

Reaction score
I've seen interviews on WWE Classics with those guys saying as much. So that's the proof you'll have to accept. I think Kurt is still bell to bell the best. AJ is damn damn damn close, but Kurt is still the best for my money and the best for a lot of wrestlers' money.

AJ is the man though. He is the fucking man. No doubt. Good guy, I have a picture with my wife and I and AJ with the Legends title.... er the Global Championship now.

Axis

Could you share a link to some of the clips? Maybe you could provide a transcript of the interviews? I'm sorry, but "I saw it one time, you'll have to believe me" may be adequate evidence for a seventh-grade mock debate, but if you wish to partake in substantive discussion (which I'm assuming is your goal, as you signed up for an internet-based discussion forum), then you're going to have to do better than that.

Great One

It's the same thing, but you didn't hear it from me.

You talk to any actual wrestler like Flair, Hogan, Triple H, whoever, they will make no bones about saying that Angle is the best wrestler on the planet.

When you come onto the internet smarky smarky land, you hear all kinds of BS to the contrary.

It's cool xtreme, I see that while we have tons of dumbass kids who read newsboards and use words that wrestlers don't even use like "PUSH" or whatever... it's cool.

I see you're here, and a few other normal people so it's okay.

We have to stick together, us normal dudes who get laid.
Man, trust me, I was fucking with you up to these posts. You've certainly lost just about all credibility at this point.

And yes, wrestlers do use those terms, go watch a shoot.

The Rated R CMStar

Let's see, Triple H says Ric Flair is the best wrestler ever. Ric Flair says the best is Shawn Michaels. Before Hulk Hogan got involved with TNA, he said the best wrestler in the world was Chris Jericho. Freaking Bret Hart said the best wrestler was Melina and has also implied John Cena being so.

I don't see Kurt Angle in there.

The Rated R CMStar

By the way, you are also a smark. Maybe when you get down of your high horse the view could be clearer.

noumenon

Is iMPACT actually going to be held in something that doesn't resemble high school gym tonight?

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Yeah didn't the news reporters say Eric Bischoff and his construction company were making changes to the look of the Impact Zone?

noumenon

Yeah, I read that as well. I think they actually said they were moving to a completely new lot, a much bigger one. Bishoff's construction crew was supposed to have something to do with the set itself...remaking the entire look.
I'm hoping for something really fucking cool tonight, fresh new look and everything revamped from the ground up.

Also... why did TNA ever introduce the "HD Set" if SpikeTV isn't even broadcast in HD?

Reaction score
Man, trust me, I was fucking with you up to these posts. You've certainly lost just about all credibility at this point.

And yes, wrestlers do use those terms, go watch a shoot.

I didn't know I had any credibility. But since you are the expert on the subject, I will take your word for it.

SO PUMPED FOR IMPACT!

I hear Big Kev might dye his hair!

Reaction score
Yeah, I read that as well. I think they actually said they were moving to a completely new lot, a much bigger one. Bishoff's construction crew was supposed to have something to do with the set itself...remaking the entire look.
I'm hoping for something really fucking cool tonight, fresh new look and everything revamped from the ground up.

Also... why did TNA ever introduce the "HD Set" if SpikeTV isn't even broadcast in HD?

See this is the thing, I just moved a month ago. My old cable company broadcast Impact in HD even though Spike itself was not an HD channel.

Now though I have Comcast and there's no HD Impact. It really pisses me off.

Reaction score
Let's see, Triple H says Ric Flair is the best wrestler ever. Ric Flair says the best is Shawn Michaels. Before Hulk Hogan got involved with TNA, he said the best wrestler in the world was Chris Jericho. Freaking Bret Hart said the best wrestler was Melina and has also implied John Cena being so.

I don't see Kurt Angle in there.

Well you must be very proud of yourself.

It depends on what you're measuring.

The REAL measuring stick of the "best wrestler" is who drew the most. That's Hogan, end of story. I don't know where you saw Flair say that, but if you search on Youtube for Flair on the show "Off The Record" he says flat out that Hogan is the best ever. I think you are completely full of shit.

If you're talking about putting on the "Best" matches, no one can touch Kurt Angle. He won an Olympic Gold Medal with a broken freakin' neck.

/ATOMIC LEG DROP...1 2 3

LKP

^^^ You really are a fucking moron. Oh by the way hogan was and i use the word WAS loosely. Hogan was an icon made Vince money. He fucked it all up when he was mr America back in 2002. I have hated since then. Plus he is not really that good anyways. Oh hang on neither is cena.

Reaction score
No, it's a current thing you dumb Welsh cunt. He's earned more money than anyone, even Austin. Hogan's the biggest draw of all time.

It's not about win-loss records, because IT'S A FUCKING WORK. It's about money, and that's Hogan. Get it, you Welsh cunt?