WWE vs TNA: Which is better?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

^ wait, how did Christian act as a heel? He is helping Tomko (tweener) become his own man. and Tomko beat Angle to build the tention between Angle/AJ Styles since AJ was the special referee, plus, Angle will probably retain at AAO anyway, so he'll get his heat back

Kaedon

Reaction score
^ wait, how did Christian act as a heel? He is helping Tomko (tweener) become his own man. and Tomko beat Angle to build the tention between Angle/AJ Styles since AJ was the special referee, plus, Angle will probably retain at AAO anyway, so he'll get his heat back

When is the last time youve seen John Cena, Jeff Hardy, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Batista, HHH, HBK, Ric Flair, or any other face come in, in the middle of a match, and hit anyone involved in the match upside the head with a belt or give the face a weapon to beat the heel with? Answer..........NEVER! Of course there are exceptions to every rule, Finlay coming in to help Hornswaggle with a wood club gets him sympathy because he's helping a guy who is gonna get his ass beat is a good one. But there is NO LOGICAL REASON why a FACE in Christian Cage would do this. Tomko isn't a midget, he can take care of himself.

PeepShow

^Ok, so Chris Jericho is a heel b/c he intentionally DQ'd himself at the Rumble and attacked JBL, who is supposed to be the heel. Seriously, give me a break. Why do you rag on TNA b/c they are different in some aspects. If they were the same you would bitch at that too. I just don't understand you Kaedon.

Rell

Reaction score
Why do you guys always call each other names during these debates? Thinking WWE > TNA doesnt make you "stupid" and thinking TNA> WWE doesn't make you an "idiot" or a "dumbass"...If they feel that way fine, its not going have any affect on your views. so theres really no reason for the childishness.

*makes PeepShow and TDK shake hands*

Now, I enjoy the in-ring product TNA distributes...thats it. As far as angles and things that are supposed to draw fans in, they fail to entertain me, at least at the moment. But I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. They have enough talent to go out this Thursday (or w/e day the show is taped) and put on a great show, but why should/would they? It would be a waste as the only people who would watch are the same people from last week, and the week before, etc.

The point is, TNA is at a time where they're steady. Ratings aren't drastically rising, but at the same time they're not falling either. They have to wait patiently. The right superstar could advance them into a serious threat, the only problem is, the chances of them signing the "right superstar" are slim to none.

chessarmy

^ I think they already have the right superstar to become a big threat to the WWE...just look at my avatar!!

Kaedon

Reaction score
^Ok, so Chris Jericho is a heel b/c he intentionally DQ'd himself at the Rumble and attacked JBL, who is supposed to be the heel.

Did Kurt Angle attack Christian Cages family? Did Kurt Angle wrap a camera cable around Christian Cage's neck and drag him around the Impact Zone? Did Kurt Angle do ANYTHING to turn this into a blood feud? No, he didnt.

And that's not even taking into account that at the Royal Rumble it was in th context of a FUCKING MATCH! There is a huge difference between that and completely arbitrary run ins, which is what this thing with Christian was completely arbitrary, and a man who is pushed to the brink of wanting to behead someone because of what was done to them. You're an idiot.

Seriously, give me a break. Why do you rag on TNA b/c they are different in some aspects. If they were the same you would bitch at that too. I just don't understand you Kaedon.

I dont rip TNA because they are different, I rip TNA because their booking is illogical. The same way I said the WWE are fucking morons for shitting all over the ECW title at the Rumble, leaving Kane or other GOOD ECW wrestlers out of the elimination chamber in two weeks in lieu of Big Shitty V and Khali. So it's not exclusive to TNA. Once again, you're an idiot.

And Rell I call people idiots not because they think TNA is better than the WWE or whatever the case may be, I call them idiots because their logic is flawed and they use said logic to defend their like of TNA or CZW or ROH or whatever else. The other time I call people idiots is when they try to say I have said something that I didnt.

Rell

Reaction score
^ I think they already have the right superstar to become a big threat to the WWE...just look at my avatar!!

Your kidding right? Samoa Joe couldn't draw a picture If I gave him a pencil. Again, you fail to realize his ability has nothing to do with TNA's success, or lack thereof. Wrestling isn't about who can put on the best match or wow the crowd, its about drawing fans. Samoa Joe putting on a 5* match may be an accomplishment, but it doesn't translate into success. TNA doesn't have a superstar. They have a few big names in Sting and Angle, but they lack what counts, a SUPERSTAR. The fact that John Cena can literally outdraw an entire TNA show by himself speaks volumes. Cena, The Rock, and maybe Austin and Hogan, are the only people I can see rising TNA to another level. The problem is, TNA will never acquire any of them, meaning they will always remain second-tier. At least, in my opinion.

And Rell I call people idiots not because they think TNA is better than the WWE or whatever the case may be, I call them idiots because their logic is flawed and they use said logic to defend their like of TNA or CZW or ROH or whatever else. The other time I call people idiots is when they try to say I have said something that I didnt.

:laugh: I was actually referring to Peep and TDK, but w/e. Isn't name-calling frowned upon during "real" debates anyway? I remember hearing in school, personal attacks during debates its a big no-no. Not that this is a real debate or anything, I'm just bringing this up because you seem pretty proud of your debating skills lol.

But yeah, I do understand where you're coming from.

Kaedon

Reaction score
My debating skills? Eh not so much. However my knowledge of wrestling is up there and apparently there are only a handful of people on the board who look at things in a logical way. Most people just have their bias' towards one company or another. If TNA put on a better show, I'd totally watch them, but they don't. And for someone to sit there and say something like, i dunno. Say they say something about WWE's "illogical" booking or something and they sit there and defend TNA, it's Blue.

Rell

Reaction score
My debating skills? Eh not so much. However my knowledge of wrestling is up there and apparently there are only a handful of people on the board who look at things in a logical way. Most people just have their bias' towards one company or another. If TNA put on a better show, I'd totally watch them, but they don't. And for someone to sit there and say something like, i dunno. Say they say something about WWE's "illogical" booking or something and they sit there and defend TNA, it's Blue.

I see, I'm actually starting to think like you in a sense...It scary lol, if you read my response to Chessarmy, its fairly obvious. The things you've said in the past, really made me think tbh.

chessarmy

Your kidding right? Samoa Joe couldn't draw a picture If I gave him a pencil. Again, you fail to realize his ability has nothing to do with TNA's success, or lack thereof. Wrestling isn't about who can put on the best match or wow the crowd, its about drawing fans. Samoa Joe putting on a 5* match may be an accomplishment, but it doesn't translate into success. TNA doesn't have a superstar. They have a few big names in Sting and Angle, but they lack what counts, a SUPERSTAR. The fact that John Cena can literally outdraw an entire TNA show by himself speaks volumes. Cena, The Rock, and maybe Austin and Hogan, are the only people I can see rising TNA to another level. The problem is, TNA will never acquire any of them, meaning they will always remain second-tier. At least, in my opinion.

Wait...so TNA needs a star that was established 10 years ago to become a major player in Wrestling? Isn't that what everybody has been complaining about..."omg TNA just uses guys that were established like 5 years ago waa waa waa". I mean, I get what you are saying, but I truely think that Samoa Joe is the next superstar for TNA. All he needs is a nice long Title run. Think about it, Joe can cut good promos, he is the best wrestler on the roster, AND he is something new. Main Stream fans havn't seen a guy like Joe before, so I'm sure it will help the ratings go up (not to mention the ROH fans that will tune in). Sure, Joe is nothing compared to Cena in terms of drawing power, but I dont think TNA needs a John Cena to compete with WWE. All they need imo is more advertising. If more fans know about the product then I'm sure more fans will watch the product...and thats what TNA needs right now

Kaedon

Reaction score
You can NOT draw ratings with some shmuck nobody knows. That is the purpose of a draw, TO DRAW PEOPLE IN. Kurt Angle, Sting, Christian Cage, Booker T, and maybe even Scott Steiner to a WAY LESSER extent, these are name draws. These are guys you use to help build stars. Bringing in people like The New Age Outlaws, Tomko, Matt Morgan, and other WWE rejects is NOT going to draw you ratings unless they can connect with the people, which by and large, they cant, otherwise the WWE wouldnt have let them get away. Samoa Joe is NOT a draw in the world of pro wrestling, and the chances of him getting to be in TNA are slim at best. If he continues to get rubs and put overs from Christian, Angle, Sting, Booker, and any other NAMES they can bring in, then yes he will become a star and minor draw. But unless TNA strike lighting with some HUGE mainstream exposure, Joe will probably NEVER be enough of a draw to boost ratings.

Rell

Reaction score
You can NOT draw ratings with some shmuck nobody knows. That is the purpose of a draw, TO DRAW PEOPLE IN. Kurt Angle, Sting, Christian Cage, Booker T, and maybe even Scott Steiner to a WAY LESSER extent, these are name draws. These are guys you use to help build stars. Bringing in people like The New Age Outlaws, Tomko, Matt Morgan, and other WWE rejects is NOT going to draw you ratings unless they can connect with the people, which by and large, they cant, otherwise the WWE wouldnt have let them get away. Samoa Joe is NOT a draw in the world of pro wrestling, and the chances of him getting to be in TNA are slim at best. If he continues to get rubs and put overs from Christian, Angle, Sting, Booker, and any other NAMES they can bring in, then yes he will become a star and minor draw. But unless TNA strike lighting with some HUGE mainstream exposure, Joe will probably NEVER be enough of a draw to boost ratings.

EXACTLY. This is what I'm trying to get this kid to understand.

"omg TNA just uses guys that were established like 5 years ago waa waa waa"

The difference is, these guys are not superstars. Guys like Tomko and Morgan aren't superstars. They are simply guys who had a little exposure in WWE. TNA is on the right track when bringing in guys like Christian, Angle, and Booker T, but none of them can carry an entire promotion based on their name alone. In wrestling, BIG NAMES are the only thing that matters. Joe can put on a 5* match and cut the best promo ever, sure it may be an accomplishment, but it WILL NOT TRANSLATE INTO SUCCESS ie ppv buy-rates, merchandise sells, ratings, etc.

I'm sure it will help the ratings go up (not to mention the ROH fans that will tune in)

So Joe winning the title would make the ratings magically increase? Samoa Joe is a nobody. Sure he can put a good match, sure he can cut a solid promo, but he will still remain a nobody. He's a prospect for sure, but he's not the savior you seem to think he is.

the dark knight

ok.....

I think you lost me with your stupidity again. Here's is Chessarmy's last post:

How is that anything like this?:

Yeah, so first off, when did I even mention TNA there in that post? Second, why should I randomly defend TNA? I guess I don't understand your stupidity.....again.
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

*leaves*

Qwake

wwe is better but if tna got new writers and done what the fans wanted insted of screwing their good wrestlers then i might change my mind...

bartman

Reaction score
I haven't watched TNA in months, I got really sick of it around the time Booker came in. Has it got any better since then or am I better off sticking with the WWE?