WWE vs TNA: Which is better?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EnterTamed

Reaction score
its all an opinion of whoever is watching. in rap terms who is better jay-z or 2pac? do you go with album sales or influence? in football brady or p. manning? someone who has 3 rings and has 1 spectacular season or a guy who has 1 ring and up until last season was always reffered to as the best qb playing? it could be debated, if you go ratings tna is up there with ecw but no where near raw. either show isnt going anywhere anytime soon tna is starting to turn a profit while being spike tv's biggest program besides UFC. i will say this though, jeff jarrett started the company and look where its at now? do you think just anybody can do that? he found someone to believe in his product and got it backed financially and its succeeded, its making money now and jarrett should be proud of his company. the veiwers just arent going to suddenly stop watching, wrestling fans love wrestling, they'll watch it no matter what, whether it be wwe, tna or some other organization. so who's better is just an opinion. tna's roster isnt bad for having "veterans", just listen to what rvd said about that, its smart from a business standpoint.

The Mac

Reaction score
TNA are doing well to be fair. In WWE's first few years, they werent nowhere near TNA is in there first few years. Give it 40 years, then restart this thread.

Airfixx

wrestling fans love wrestling, they'll watch it no matter what, whether it be wwe, tna or some other organization.

If that were true then surely TNA would be getting ratings on par with Raw?

(Sorry to pick the rest of your post apart, but the rest shouldn't be deemed a direct response to yourself....)

so who's better is just an opinion.

I hate the ultra-liberal "it's all just a matter of opinion" cop-out, deeming that everything is subjective when all such a claim does is stifle TRUE discussion.

Taste is subjective, TRUE quality of product and perfomance isn't.

tna's roster isnt bad for having "veterans", just listen to what rvd said about that, its smart from a business standpoint.

I can totally see why, but IMO when I've seen Nash (prime example) on Impact (on one of the few occasions I've not continued channle hopping) he's just made the match(es) look shit... As someone said above... They got themselves some real sloppy seconds (also see a 'dope listed' JHardy, Booker-'WWE Midcard til I retire'-T... even with Angle I've yet to see him perform as well as he did during the fist half of the 2000's and let's not even mention the fucking awfull Scott Steiner!).

theovertaker

Reaction score
(i didn't call angle washed up and sting was in the wwe)the only way for tna to beat wwe is to get someone big from the wwe and if one goes to tna more will follow look what happened wcw when they got hulk hogan

Airfixx

(i didn't call angle washed up and sting was in the wwe)

Ummm.... Again, Sting was NOT in WWE. --->

the only way for tna to beat wwe is to get someone big from the wwe and if one goes to tna more will follow look what happened wcw when they got hulk hogan

As for TNAs success depending on them grabbing a big star, whilst speculatively this maybe true, there's nothing to suggest that any more will follow.... I mean they've not managed to actually negotiate anyone away from WWE thus far anyway - only stars who were already set to jump ship.

Ultimately, peeps jumped to WCW for money, a level TNA cannot compete on, whereas this is the one area where WCW totally OWNED WWF.... Spending power.

MC Rae

Reaction score
I watch both every week. WWE is better, it just is. TNA have some seriously good talent but I feel It's going to serious waste, with the likes of Joe, Angle, Styles, Homicide, etc. they have the potential to be putting on amazing shows week in week out, but it just doesn't deliever. I really want TNA to succeed it will be great for wrestling in general but I just can't see TNA doing well the way it's going.

WWE for me.

Blast325

Reaction score
The first time I saw Total Nonstop Action in 2005, their commentary was horrible because you had to yell at the top of your lungs and still nothing would come out of the volume, but the wrestlers were quick as hell. The acting at Total Nonstop Action is also horrible.

So I'd say World Wrestling Entertainment is better.

Kaedon

Reaction score
nuh uh, they have Samoa fatty who is known by every wrestling fa....no. But AJ Styles i....no, he's not. Kaz is known by.....uh....PeepShow?

LadyHotrod

I like WWE better, thoug I watch both.

Both of them have some stupid storylines but I get a laugh out of the WWE storylines. The TNA storylines bore me and very seldom make me laugh.

I also like more WWE wrestlers than TNA wrestlers. A lot of TNA wrestlers are just shitty former WWE wrestlers.

Hometown Kid

I would probably say WWE just based on the fact there's more guys...If TNA had the opportunity for 3 shows and stuff it would be pretty even...I also think AJ Styles is probably better in-ring technical and athleticly than anyone WWE has except for Shelton IMO. Also MCMG completely owns any tag team WWE has hands down.

PeepShow

I actually watched the first 30-45 minutes of iMPACT this week. The promo by the Guns was quite amazing. pretty much the only thing I really enjoyed quite honestly. Just goes to show how far and away they are the best tag team in wrestling. They have the mic skills, they have the wrestling ability, they have the look. Pretty amazing tag team tbf.

And also Kaedon, I have gone on record for the past couple of months saying that the WWE product as a whole is head and heels above that of TNA. So just b/c I enjoy a few of their wrestlers for their work doesn't mean you have to dislike the company as a whole. Unlike you who just because it's something different than what you have known for 20+ years, you refuse to like it or acknowledge anyone as being good or decent, no matter what they do.

Kaedon

Reaction score
My point was anyone who is gaining TNA any kind of attention from casual fans is a WWE/WCW guy.

Montana

I like oranges...let me tell you why i like oranges better than apples. Oranges have a direct flavor that is juicy and refreshing. When i bite into a apple, its kinda hard and mushy. Plus you can hurt your teeth biting into an apple.

chessarmy

^ ?

TNA > WWE imo. TNA has a more fast paced exciting product that I enjoy watching every Thursday night. Vince Russo (even with all the heat he gets from the IWC) can keep the product interesting (I'm not saying he's perfect btw) and with guys like Sting, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, LAX, MCMG, Christian Cage, and more its really hard for me to say that I do not enjoy watching Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Samoa Joe is one of the best wrestlers in the world, he is the TNA Heavyweight Champion and he is doing amazing things over in TNA. They have one of the best rosters in pro wrestling, and overall TNA is a great company that deserves a little more appreciation from the IWC