WWE vs TNA: Which is better?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Ratings say WWE.

I say...i have no clue, but i guess a slight edge goes to WWE because i grow up with it.

NooDLE

Reaction score
I like oranges...let me tell you why i like oranges better than apples. Oranges have a direct flavor that is juicy and refreshing. When i bite into a apple, its kinda hard and mushy. Plus you can hurt your teeth biting into an apple.

Oh, but the hard and mushy feeling is exactly why I like apples. When I bite into an orange, juice squirts everywhere and it's a big mess. Plus it's a bitch to peel an orange.

Apples vs Oranges is certainly a great debate.

Kaedon

Reaction score
its not an apples to oranges debate. Sorry. I have NEVER, EEEEEEEVER heard anyone say "WCW or WWE? Thats apples to oranges". They are the 1 and 2 promotions in the world, why is it not ok to compare them?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

It's like comparing apples with ..... bigger apples >_>

WWE > TNA right now. Look at the booking of WWE, then look at the booking of TNA. Nuff said.

Travis40

TNA vs. WWE Who made main eventers (....with some ROH stuff thrown in...I guess)

k...let's get to why TNA sucks ass here....

Alright, this is Trav's logic right here.

He said yesterday that WWE is better than ROH, but ROH used to be better. Then today he said that WWE is better than ROH, because ROH isn't a threat to WWE. ROH were never a threat clearly. So how in the hell does that make any sense?

chessarmy

Go out in the street and ask someone who Nigel is, I guarantee you nobody will know, or at the least very little. If Nigel debut in TNA today he would be regarded as a rookie, because only hardcore fans know about him. You say ROH made Joe which is wrong, TNA made Joe. They are the ones who made him popular, and made him known to all types of fans, not only the hardcore ones. If you are correct, you could say the same shit about everyone in OVW. Hey, Punk main evented OVW and ROH, so those companies made him, not WWE. Same with Prototype, or John Cena, and Batista. They were made by OVW because they main evented there...

Samoa Joe was made by TNA, same with AJ Styles. Deal with it, its the truth

chessarmy

Oh and, there is a street fight for this kind of thread...but whatever.

Meh ... my ROH point can't be made in there. This is more about Trav being a complete WWE mark than one promotion being suprerior to the other.

Travis40

Alright, this is Trav's logic right here.

He said yesterday that WWE is better than ROH, but ROH used to be better. Then today he said that WWE is better than ROH, because ROH isn't a threat to WWE. ROH were never a threat clearly. So how in the hell does that make any sense?

I said that ROH's wrestling is better than WWE's wrestling, but ROH will never be a serious contender to WWE in ratings or PPV Buys

Go out in the street and ask someone who Nigel is, I guarantee you nobody will know, or at the least very little. If Nigel debut in TNA today he would be regarded as a rookie, because only hardcore fans know about him. You say ROH made Joe which is wrong, TNA made Joe. They are the ones who made him popular, and made him known to all types of fans, not only the hardcore ones. If you are correct, you could say the same shit about everyone in OVW. Hey, Punk main evented OVW and ROH, so those companies made him, not WWE. Same with Prototype, or John Cena, and Batista. They were made by OVW because they main evented there...

Samoa Joe was made by TNA, same with AJ Styles. Deal with it, its the truth

Samoa Joe and AJ Styles were made by ROH...

THE WHOLE ARGUMENT HERE IS THAT TNA HASN'T MADE A REAL MAIN EVENTER...WWE HAS...sure the WWE has some guys that were ME's somewhere else (Punk for one)....you used Punk as an example yourself...but you said ROH was only known by Hardcore fans...so you contradicted yourself. OVW was owned by WWE.

WWE Guys made Main Eventers that DIDN'T MAIN EVENT at other places
Austin
Rock
Cena
Batista
Michaels
Orton
and the list goes on and on

TNA Guys made Main Eventers that DIDN'T MAIN EVENT at other places
I'm still trying to think of one...and the person still has to be in the ME (and don't count Christian because he was in the ME when he left)

I have never said that WWE is perfect, becuase they're not. There's sometimes I can't watch WWE, I quit watching them 2 years ago becuase it sucked so much. I only watched again because of RVD as WWE Champ...WWE has their lows....and TONS of them, but there's the same amount, or even more good things about WWE.

Let me tell you the truth...I watched TNA when I quit watching WWE and I loved it becuase they were pushing their own stars...and then they quit and the homegrown stars are getting jobbed to ex WWE/WCW/ROH stars....then I quit watching becuase of that. I still like some things about TNA, but the negatives now overshadow the positives.

^You completely ignored what chess actually said.

And you said WWE > ROH earlier because WWE has gotten more exciting, but it used to be ROH > WWE. Now you pull out a completely different reason that looks stupid.

chessarmy

^ dude holy fucking bullshit on a flagpole. Lots of main eventers main evented in other indie companies, its rare that you find a main eventer taken as a FUCKING JOBBER in an indie company and built up to a main eventer in a main stream promotion. Joe was taken from ROH and was built up from basically nothing to a big star. Same with AJ Styles, you can't compare AJ and Joe to Rock and Austin and shit because those are fucking attitude era legends. You are saying TNA didn't make any main eventers, when their World Champion is a main eventer that TNA made. You can deny it all you want, but you know its a fact that you for some reason don't want to admit

Travis40

I don't want to admit because I'm fucking right. And talking to BKB is like talking to a fucking child...he goes back on one thing that I contradicted myself on and he fucking just keeps saying it about 400 fucking times. I admit I contradicted myself...god damn

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I said that ROH's wrestling is better than WWE's wrestling, but ROH will never be a serious contender to WWE in ratings or PPV Buys

you said ROH's matches suck because WWE fans wouldn't want to watch "30 Minute Matches with lots of submissions." You also said ROH Matches can't get the crowd into the match. I don't remember you saying that ROH's matches were better than WWE's.

Samoa Joe and AJ Styles were made by ROH...

um, no. AJ Styles will always be TNA's golden boy. When I think AJ Styles, I think TNA. I don't know how you can say ROH made AJ Styles when he was only on two shows before TNA even started. Last time I checked, it was TNA that made AJ champ.

As for Samoa Joe, check chessarmy's post. How can someone be "made" to a main eventer when they're wrestling in a totally different crowd? Joe got the exposure in TNA, he didn't walk in with a huge fanbase outside of ROH, the fans grew to him.

and with your "logic," you're saying that if anyone Main Events in a different place, they're already a main eventer. Most of WWE's guys were Main Eventing their promotion, whether it was Cena, Batista, or Snitsky.

Travis40 said:
I don't want to admit because I'm fucking right. And talking to BKB is like talking to a fucking child...he goes back on one thing that I contradicted myself on and he fucking just keeps saying it about 400 fucking times. I admit I contradicted myself...god damn
Maybe if it didn't take you until now to admit you contradicted yourself, I wouldn't have to repeat myself, would I?

How are you right? Did John Cena not main event UPW and OVW before WWE? The same goes for Batista. The majority wrestlers main event a smaller promotion before moving up.