WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Only shining light was Punk and Foley gaining nearly 900k viewers for their promo. Everything else pretty much sucked. Was there much competition on that night? I know that NFL is back but was it a huge game that they were up against?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah was the Packers and it was a close game the whole time. Game got like a 16.0 rating

Undertaker

Reaction score
WWE will never be able to get a stable set of ratings each year simply because their product swings in roundabouts. One week its brilliant and the next it's rubbish. I believe this is all down do the fact WWE have not been able to build any decent gimmicks for the past 3-5 years at least. Again, as I tend to say in most of my posts the product being PG does not help either because it restricts what they can and can't do. On another note this rating shows that Mick Foley can still draw. I'm seriously hoping for a Foley match somewhere down the line.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE will never be able to get a stable set of ratings each year simply because their product swings in roundabouts. One week its brilliant and the next it's rubbish. I believe this is all down do the fact WWE have not been able to build any decent gimmicks for the past 3-5 years at least. Again, as I tend to say in most of my posts the product being PG does not help either because it restricts what they can and can't do. On another note this rating shows that Mick Foley can still draw. I'm seriously hoping for a Foley match somewhere down the line.

In the end the PG rating doesn't restrict them too much it is the lack of creativity from the writers that is hurting the product. With the Punk/Cena storyline last year WWE showed that they can put on a fantastic feud without heading out of the PG range. In the end Vince needs to figure out the best way to work within the PG guideline because it is going to stay as it brings in so much more money for the company.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
examiner said:
According to Nielsen overnight data released today, ION Television’s brand new series, WWE Main Event, garnered the highest male audience in the last year with the most Men 18-49 (422,000), Men 25-54 (444,000), and Men 2+ (876,000). At 8:00pm ET/PT, the premiere of the new weekly series, which featured WWE Champion CM Punk™ against World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus™, was the #4 program in the time period among Men 18-34, #4 among Men 18-49, and #5 among Men 25-54. In addition, WWE Main Event out-delivered the last game of the MLB regular season on ESPN and ESPN2 among all key men and adult demos. Finally, the premiere delivered 518,000 Women 2+, finishing ahead of most female cable networks.

Overall it brought in 1.394 million viewers which is very impressive. The issue will be if WWE actually keep the standard up, Superstars was regularly drawing a 0.8 rating until they started flooding it with midcard matches no-one cared about. If they keep putting on one "main event" calibre match each week it should continue to do well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Been quite some time since this has been updated.

The latest Smackdown was;

The Friday episode of WWE Smackdown drew 2.93 million viewers. The number is up 14% from the 2.57 million viewers it drew the week before is is the highest-rated show since September 7th.

The show was well above the show's yearly average of 2.71 million. An exact ratings number should be available later in the week.

Read more at 411mania.com: Wrestling - WWE Smackdown Rating

Good to get close to the three million viewers again, in fact Smackdown is now really close to actually beating RAW in the ratings. Just needs another half a million viewers to make it a really close fight.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
The October 29th WWE RAW with the fallout from Hell In a Cell did a 2.95 cable rating with 4.09 million viewers. This was the best rated RAW since the NFL regular season began but was not the highest viewed. Hurricane Sandy affected cable TV this week as RAW was third for the night behind NFL Monday Night Football and Hurricane coverage on the Fox News Channel.

In the segment breakdown, the opener with CM Punk and Mick Foley did a 3.21 quarter rating. JTG vs. Ryback lost 432,000 viewers – another bad sign for Ryback on his own. Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton gained 123,000 viewers while Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Darren Young and Titus O’Neil gained 1,000 viewers. The segment with Vickie Guerrero and John Cena at 9pm gained 373,000 viewers for a 3.25 quarter rating.

Antonio Cesaro vs. Kofi Kingston and a backstage segment with Vickie and AJ Lee lost 451,000 viewers. Zack Ryder and Santino Marella vs. Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal plus Beth Phoenix vs. AJ lost 304,000 more viewers. This segment did a 2.70 quarter rating and was the low point of the show.

Sheamus and Big Show’s segment at 10pm did 324,000 viewers for a 2.94 quarter rating and was the best 10pm growth in a while. Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes lost 189,000 viewers. The in-ring presentation with Susan G. Komen lost 143,000 viewers while Alberto Del Rio vs. Justin Gabriel gained 59,000 viewers back. The final segment with Team Punk and Team Foley gained 708,000 viewers for a 3.26 overrun rating – the high point of this week’s show.

Read more: 10/29 WWE Raw Rating Breakdown: Sheamus & Big Show Bring Viewers, Beth’s Final Match, More | PWMania

AJ is a ratings KILLER. :adr:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
People were so upset that AJ was fired as GM they couldn't watch :p

Good rating overall considering the Hurricane. Good news for WWE that the highest rated segment was actually the mainevent segment.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Well I guess it's a positive that the rating for WWE picked up, and I guess they'll be aiming for getting above the big 3.0 next week. With that said, I doubt they'll do it considering this was a PPV fallout show.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
-- The 11/2 WWE SmackDown on Syfy drew a 1.96 (2.0) cable rating, with 2.88 million viewers. This number is up from the 1.93 rating last week. Viewers were also up from last week which drew 2.82 million.

Haven't been keeping up with Smackdown ratings much lately, but I know they were struggling with getting back to the 2.0 rating mark, any progress is good progress.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Smackdown is going to bomb this week. Election night? Syfy is nuts. Vince must be shitting bricks about this or is too busy to care as he needs to support the wife.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You were right deezy;

Tuesday's "live" episode of Smackdown scored a 1.52 rating with 2.20 million viewers

Low rating against tough, tough competition. But the good news for WWE is is that judging from past Live Smackdowns the replay in the normal Friday timeslot will draw more viewers than the live showing even though that it is a replay. They will get more total viewers for Smackdown this week because of the live showing.