WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Last night's edition of WWE Raw did a 3.4 cable rating on the USA Network. The show did hours of 3.36 and 3.5.

Decent number for RAW. I would like to see the breakdowns and see how the NXT sections scored as I suspect they would be quite high. It gives people a great reason to tune in each week and next week I suspect they will be at least a 3.5.

Smackdowns rating this week interests me aswell to see how the Kane angle is going and if it is drawing in viewers.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 6/15 edition of NXT did a 0.89 rating, with 1,306,000 viewers. That is down from last week's 1.07.

I thought that the two matches for this weeks NXT were both quite good, much better than I expected. The promos let the show down as does the downtime when Pro's give their comments. It isn't smooth enough yet and they still have things they need to work out.

I think that the drop in rating could have something to do with the Pro's for this season. There aren't as many big names as last season like Jericho or Punk and that will surely have an impact on people tuning in, plus the debut episode always gets a bump in ratings.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwmania said:
Last night's edition of WWE Raw did a 3.5 cable rating off hours of 3.38 and 3.66 with 5,123,000 viewers on the USA Network.

Another decent number for RAW up .1 this week without a Guest Host might I add. This NXT angle is really drawing in viewers and rightly so as it certainly makes me tune in each week to see what they will do next on RAW. This new mystery GM adds a little more intrigue.

pwmania said:
This week's edition of WWE NXT did a 0.86 cable rating with 1,214,000 viewers on SyFy.

Steady rating for NXT this week, very close to last weeks rating but still slightly disappointing. They should be aiming for a 1.0 rating at least each week since that is what ECW was hitting near the end of its run.

XenForo-Test

Reaction score
RAW getting viewers. No Guest Host. GET THE PICTURE?

As for NXT getting 0.86; it's on a very awkward channel, time and day. It's still chugging along.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
RAW getting viewers. No Guest Host. GET THE PICTURE?

Exactly, the Guest Host had no impact on the numbers. There is no point for WWE to do it since all it does is give the "celebrities" time to advertise their product. Would rather that gimmick stop for some time and just have the occasional special visitor. It gets worse when they are involved in matches.

JR Price said:
As for NXT getting 0.86; it's on a very awkward channel, time and day. It's still chugging along.

It still should aim to match what ECW made in the same timeslot otherwise their isn't that much point in the change of show. I like the NXT concept but they still haven't got the show working as smooth as it should be. Eventually they will get it right and it will turn into a great show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 6/28 edition of Raw did 3.3 rating, with 4.5 million viewers. That is down from last week which furthers the "PPV curiosity" theory for last week's spike. The show did hours of 3.28 and 3.27.

Disappointing rating especially since the rating didn't increase in the second hour which is what you want to happen. Although this does help the theory that no Guest Host equals ratings which is a good thing.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 8/2 episode of Raw did a 3.3 rating, with 4,660,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.17 and 3.39.

The ratings are still disappointing for RAW however since this show was taped then you can understand a slightly decreased rating since some people would have read the spoilers and then not watched the show. Next week they will want a big increase in the lead up to one of the big four PPVs.

JKdog

Reaction score
Well I'll be honest with you KFC, a 3.3 is the type of rating that I expect Raw to get every week from now on. Let's face it, they have not recieved any great influx of 'new' fans. I've always felt that no matter what the WWE did in terms of feuds/matches and storylines - they will not receive a huge boost in ratings. There may be one person who can get the WWE Raw rating back into the high 4's though...his name is The Rock!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah they can't seem to get away from the mid 3.0s no matter what show they put on. Wrestling just isn't cool anymore like it was at the end of the nineties when RAW and Nitro were both getting ratings of 5.0+ each week. It will take an attitude change in the way people view wrestling before the next big boom in wrestling. The Rock would certainly get them ratings above 4.0.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
WWE Raw did a 3.3 cable rating off hours of 3.23 and 3.45 with an average audience of 4,600,000 viewers.

Same rating as last week which is bad news since it was taped last week plus this was a go-home show and you expect better ratings and a better show the week before a PPV. There just doesn't seem to be the audience out there anymore.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This week's ratings are in and guess what RAW received this week?

pwinsider said:
The 8/16 edition of Raw did a 3.3 rating (exactly), with 4.77 million viewers. The show did hours of 3.26 and 3.34. Those are not great numbers for the day after SummerSlam.

Yes it is a 3.3 again. WWE must hate that number by now since RAW can't get above that number for a few weeks in a row. After Summerslam where Daniel Bryan returned and Team WWE were victorious I thought that they would get the regular post PPV ratings bump yet it didn't happen. Slightly worrying signs.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 8/23 edition of Raw did a 3.23 rating, with an average of 4,800,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.12 and 3.34.

A drop in the rating this week for RAW, they can't spike the ratings at all. They have lost a lot of key older stars but they still have enough to get the rating close to four in my opinion. Maybe Triple H will get the ratings up again when he returns, wouldn't that be fun if that happened.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wrestling Observer said:
The August 13th episode of WWE’s Friday Night SmackDown scored a 1.6 broadcast rating with 2.691 million viewers. This is the third straight week SmackDown has done a 1.6.

Shocking numbers for Smackdown. No wonder WWE wanted to move away from that network and get on a proper channel that isn't just a syndication network. Once the move to Syfy is made I see the ratings jumping to around the 3.0+ mark.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is a bit late to mention it but last week RAW only had a 2.8 rating. It was the worst rating in two years for RAW. It was the night where MNF was back and all the networks debuted their new shows so that played a role but still that is a terrible rating and WWE need to address the problem. The show was actually a decent show as well which will disapoint WWE, but it shows that RAW is missable. It hurts even more that it was the night after a PPV and there were some new champions on the show. It will be interesting to see what rating it gets this week, can it bounce back.

What do you think about the 2.8 rating? Will RAW bounce back this week?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The inaugural edition of Smackdown on SyFy did a 1.74 rating with 2,524,000 viewers.

The special that preceded it did a 0.49 rating with 652,000 viewers.

That is a poor debut rating especially for a live show. It is actually a lower rating than the final Smackdown on MyNetworkTV which had around 2.8 million viewers. Edge has been moved to Smackdown to boost the star power and more moves are expected which will certainly help the ratings. I expected a lot more from the show and the rating showed that the fans were not that impressed by the show.