WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If they keep teasing the confrontation between Rock-Cena-Miz it'll deliver ratings, Triple H and Taker beginning to lay out the feud will also help. I don't think The Rock should make too many appearances at Raw before Mania, if he is going to have a hand in delivering buyrates, well less is more. Why give away something for free when people are more than willing to apy for it?

Dademo

Reaction score
I think it might have been the 2/21/11 that did it but you never know. Like Deezy mentioned the possible Cena/Rock confrontation will definitely keep the ratings up there that's for sure. Plus with HHH/Taker build up, well, that too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Next week the ratings should stay high as I assume Undertaker and Triple H will come out and say something to build their WrestleMania match. The Rock/Miz/Cena will continue their build and the thought that The Rock might show up will draw some people in.

Good call deezy about The Rock not showing up on RAW since why give something away from free when people can pay huge amounts for it. When he first came back I was one that thought he would be on RAW more regularly since I assumed he cleared his schedule to work purely WWE until then. But, thinking about it it does make sense to simply have him appear when he was introduced as Guest Host, then probably the week before Mania for one last hard sell and then finally at WM itself.

Reaction score
Triple H / Undertaker is now another big drawing point I would think. I'm pretty sure that The Rock will make another appearance before WrestleMania and people are going to be tuning in to see if he's going to be there you're right. I think he will start off RAW at some point over the next 5 weeks, that would be one hell of a pop to open RAW and obviously there will be some interaction with him and John Cena and The Miz, that feud will get more interesting too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The February 25 episode of WWE SmackDown scored a 2.31 cable rating, the program’s highest mark on SyFy. The episode topped the 2.03 rating the show drew the previous week. Smackdown averaged 3.5 million viewers over the course of two hours.

The show’s previous Syfy high occurred on January 21 with a 2.07 rating.

Excellent rating for Smackdown. That is a huge improvement on it's previous high rating and there are still five weeks to go before Wrestlemania for them to improve on that again. Smackdown has to keep hitting 2 as a bare minimum for the rating, anything less isn't good enough.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not sure but I am sure they have had higher ratings from some of their original movies. Plus when WWE ECW debuted on SyFy it had a rating of 2.9.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
– The February 28 Raw telecast drew a 3.82 cable rating, slightly down from last week’s 3.85. The show averaged 5.6 million viewers overall and drew hours of 3.80 and 3.84.

It wasn't as good a show as the previous week but that is still a very promising rating. Stone Cold returns next week so hopefully they can get to a 4 rating.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They just need to advertise the people who are going to be on the shows, if they keep throwing out curveballs, people won't tune in. This isn't like the 90s where people would tune in to see what surprises they will get this week. It's a more ADHD society where they want to know whats going to happen in advance so they could bitch about it before it happens.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Torch said:
The March 7 episode of Monday Night Raw continued the program’s streak of strong ratings with a 3.92. The number is up from last week’s 3.82 rating as well as the 3.85 on February 21.

Last night’s show averaged 5.79 million viewers over the course of two hours, up from 5.60 million viewers the week before. However, it is below the February 21 show, which drew 5.86 million viewers.

Another solid rating for RAW, just under that magical 4 rating though and I am sure WWE will want to be getting 4+ ratings leading up to WrestleMania. Just shows what some good booking can do for the ratings mixed in with some big name surprises from the past.

Trish Stratus is wrestling Vickie next week and I think that The Rock will be appearing on the show next week.

Dademo

Reaction score
Damn very high 3's are very good for Raw. Personally, I think what's keeping it up there is that it's Wrestlemania time. More people are tuning in, and more people are excited for Wrestlemania. Hopefully it can hit that big 4 before Wrestlemania. The last time they hit it was like 2007 I think.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't recall the ratings being this consistently high before WrestleMania last year. I think that the addition of The Rock has really helped boost interest from some older fans and bringing in names like Stone Cold, Trish Stratus etc. keep surprising fans that tune in. The actual shows have been much better in quality as well and that helps keeping people tuning in.

Snooki is on RAW next week and after seeing the ratings for Jersey Shore I am calling it right here that RAW will get a rating of at least 4 next week.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
3/11 edition of Smackdown did a 1.96 rating with 3,072,000 viewers

Slightly lower than last week but around the mark. They just need to boost it to at least a 2 rating and keep it there. This week they have announced the Smackdown mainevent in advance, Edge and Christian vs. Slater and Gabriel for the Tag Team Championships, and I think that will help draw a 2+ rating for them.

Dademo

Reaction score
Well I don't have an article or whatnot, but I heard Raw got a solid 3.7 this week. I was surprised it didn't get a 4 and expected it to, but what can you do. As long as Raw keeps it in that high 3 mark we're good. Impressed with Smackdown, I gotta say, having high 1's and hoping it can get a 2 soon.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 3/14 edition of RAW did a 3.6 rating, with 5,651,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.55 and 3.74. The rating is down a bit from recent weeks but their viewership stayed strong, actually doing better last night than the 3.8 from two weeks ago did.

So the rating dropped but viewership was still high. I still expected a 4 rating from this show.