WWE Looking To Announce WM29 Main Event Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I would love...for it not to happen.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I'd prefer him to crush Austin instead as payback for him bailing on WWE and bitching about losing a fucking wrestling match.

He never bitched about losing to Lesnar, he bitched about losing to Lesnar, clean, for a King Of The Ring qualifying match, on a random SmackDown, with no build up, right after Lesnar came into the company and before he was even a main eventer. You don't tell arguably the biggest star in the history of the industry to do something like that. Austin has said multiple times he'd have jobbed to Brock if it had been done the right way and they could draw a profit on it.

Austin is a hell of a lot smarter than you are, he knows the difference between good business and bad business, that is NOT good business. When they ask you to do something that's damaging in so many ways, you have to take action.

Anyway, no real interest in seeing this. If it was happening this year, maybe, but I want Taker retired after 20-0. He ruined his milestone match, unfortunately, but extending the streak to 21 or 22 is something I have no interest in. Not even for a match with Cena which I was hoping they'd have saved 20 for.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Semantics.

Yes or no, did he refuse to lose a wrestling match and fly home in a hissy?

It isn't up to him who he beats and who he doesn't, hence why theres a position in the company called a booker and his surrounding creative team.

Austin isn't smarter than me, he's a dumb redneck who beat his wife.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That dumb redneck sure is doing a lot more with his life than you.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Well no shit, he's a millionaire, doesn't make him any less of a piece of shit.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Austin vs Punk doesn't excite me that much. Maybe it's cause I haven't jumped on the Punk bandwagon or because I'm not 100% sure Austin can deliver, it's just something about it.

I think the promos would be great, the build up will be great. No matter what the feud is based around, you have to know straight edge vs non straight edge will be mentioned. I don't think the match will deliver.

It's kind of the opposite of Rock vs Cena. The build hasn't been great, but I think they will have a great match at Wrestlemania

PY.

Reaction score
Taker vs. Lesnar and Punk vs. Austin next year would make me 10000% go to Wrestlemania, no if ands or buts about it. With the possibility of Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels next year on top of it all.. Dream card.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cena vs Austin makes far more sense. The good guy vs the rebel. The biggest draws. The guys who were defined as being the greatest wwe/f champs of their eras many times by JR. It writes itself far better than Punk, unless if you are going to turn him back into that chicken shit SES heel and stunt his career growth path. He should be a face for the foreseeable future, the 1b to Cena that Orton cannot fill and no one has since Batista left.

Punk should get Rock in a feud based on proving himself. Cena should get Austin because of the profile of the match and his status which should only be that much greater after facing Rock. Plus they shouldn't waste the Cena/Taker match to 30. I also think Cena and Austin fit one another better as two brawlers and showmen than Punks geeky jerky style of strikes, flying, and mat wrestling.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I wouldn't object to Taker vs Brock. It would be about damn time Brock did the job for Taker since he really cemented him with their feud years ago. Plus taker needs a filler opponent before 30 where he and Cena can go.

Brock vs Austin doesn't really interest me. One guy who hasn't been physical in the ring besides TE and another who hasn't since 04 at mania. Fuck no. They just really don't interest me from a match standpoint. Rock vs Brock would be far better. Besides I think there is only one guy who deserves Austin and that is Cena.

Really sucks Randy can't talk worth shit to put a big time feud over for a year as he should have been mentioned in one of these high profile matches with his resume and superman antics

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Surprised the idea of HHH/Brock has never came up before. I don't think they've ever faced off one on one to my knowledge. I think whoever Brock feuds with the storyline should be the heel version of Rock's story of coming back somewhat in a sense of saying he didn't/doesn't need wrestling and how he thought he was too good for it which is why he left etc.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They met in a triple threat before but never 1 on 1

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah that's what I figured. Think it was Rock vs Brock vs HHH or something like that but don't remember the match too well.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah it was on Rebellion, Insurrextion, Golbal Warning or whatever they called the ppv they used to shoot in england and air in the US for 10 bucks

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't think Cena/Austin works as well as you say it will just because the mic work might be a little awkward. Austin/Punk makes more sense because it's the edgy guy of his time vs the edgy guy of our time. They mesh together just like Cena/Rock meshes together. Also as far who would need the match more then it's obviously Punk over Cena since Cena is having his huge career match vs Rock this year. Let Punk have his with Austin next year.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Austin vs Punk doesn't excite me that much. Maybe it's cause I haven't jumped on the Punk bandwagon or because I'm not 100% sure Austin can deliver, it's just something about it.

I think the promos would be great, the build up will be great. No matter what the feud is based around, you have to know straight edge vs non straight edge will be mentioned. I don't think the match will deliver.

It's kind of the opposite of Rock vs Cena. The build hasn't been great, but I think they will have a great match at Wrestlemania
I'm with you on the Austin/Punk possibility. Sure i'd like to see it but the difference in star quality between the two would be enormous, I dunno if I would be able to buy into it. Hell, I don't even think Cena is anywhere close to Rocks level, but at least I can buy into him as a credibl threat to The Rock whereas I don't think I could do the same with Punk / Austin.