WWE Looking To Announce WM29 Main Event Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
In a recent interview with Associated Press writer Dan Gelston, The Rock may have hinted at the possible main event for WrestleMania 29 in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

When asked about the idea of Rock facing Brock Lesnar next year, Rock's response was "I'm not saying a thing," as he began laughing, before ending with "I didn't say anything."

It remains to be seen if it was a "red herring", but with word coming out that WWE would like to book the main event a year in advance for the second consecutive year, we could be finding out soon.

Sources: ProWrestling.net, MercuryNews.com
Don't see this happening at all. Brock OR Rock vs Taker I'd be hyped for though.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I think he basically gave it away there..

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Don't see why Rock v Brock, unless Lesnar is coming back at Mania to ruin the Cena/Rock match.

I can see Brock coming back though.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Don't see why Rock v Brock, unless Lesnar is coming back at Mania to ruin the Cena/Rock match.

I can see Brock coming back though.

Ruins the match, sets up a rematch between Cena and Rock at Summerslam then Rock moves onto Lesnar at WM29?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Don't see this happening at all. Brock OR Rock vs Taker I'd be hyped for though.
Brock vs Rock was huge in 02. Now 10 years later with Rocks movie success and Brock's mma success it would be bigger than Cena/Rock or Austin/Punk. Sadly Taker/Brock and HBK/Rock both have the same amount of chance of happening, slim to none because of personal differences.

The_King

Reaction score
I'd love the Austin v. Punk just for the promos that would come out of that one. I think Austin could still pull out a decent match in the end.
Wouldn't mind Rock v. Lesnar, but the feud would revolve around two guys who presumably would be on TV sparingly. There wouldn't be a mainstay like Cena in the Cena v. Rock feud. Only reason why I think it's unlikely.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If Brock faced The Rock I would mark out like crazy. Big fan of their feud a decade a go and it is a good way to get this going again. As Breakaway said both left WWE when they were at the top and become even bigger stars in their new industries. Those two facing each other at WM would be mega money and once again it would mean that a year in advance WWE have my money for WM. What is also good about that pairing is that they will both only be part time so WWE don't need to worry about what to do with them during the year to keep them busy like they had to with Cena this year.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I'd prefer Rock vs Brock to Rock vs Cena 2 or possibly 3. I ain't a big fan of these rematches happening at Mania, after they've already been at Mania once or even twice (HHH vs Taker, HBK vs Taker). To me, it's lazy booking, no one wants to see it unless there's been a few years between the last match. And Rock vs Taker will NEVER happen at Mania, I just don't see Rock being pinned clean to Taker.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Details On Possible WrestleMania 29 Main Event
After speaking with sources, WZ has learned that WWE involved Shawn Michaels in the Hell in a Cell match between Triple H and The Undertaker with a tentative plan to set up HBK's involvement at WrestleMania 29.
It is believed that the current plan in mind is to run some kind of finish to the Hell in a Cell match that causes Triple H to call out Shawn Michaels the next night on RAW.
The plan that is circulating behind the scenes in WWE is that Triple H and HBK would have a verbal confrontation that leads to a match at WrestleMania 29.
It has been reported that WWE wants to announce one of the big matches for WrestleMania 29 soon, giving a year to promote it just as they did with The Rock and John Cena – an HBK vs HHH match could be that main event bout.
We will continue to follow the story and bring you more information.

Only a possible spoiler, no truth in it yet, don't put 100% belief in it.

Last edited:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Would certainly be a main-event caliber match, should it happen next year.

I've read there's plans for Cena/Rock II as well.

Aniking

Reaction score
And now we wait for people to chime in with "WHY DON'T WRESTLERS EVER STAY RETIRED!" blah fucking blah. Michaels has been retired for a few years now, never really showing any interest in returning. If this rumour proves try, none of you have anything to complain about.

I was actually hoping Taker/HHH/HBK would take place at some point, but I'd be pretty pleased for a HHH/HBK match to take place. Obviously gives Undertaker something else IF he continues.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I mean I do like when guys stay retired but if they can still deliver I don't think anyone can really complain. I don't expect that match to happen though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Details On Possible WrestleMania 29 Main Event
After speaking with sources, WZ has learned that WWE involved Shawn Michaels in the Hell in a Cell match between Triple H and The Undertaker with a tentative plan to set up HBK's involvement at WrestleMania 29.
It is believed that the current plan in mind is to run some kind of finish to the Hell in a Cell match that causes Triple H to call out Shawn Michaels the next night on RAW.
The plan that is circulating behind the scenes in WWE is that Triple H and HBK would have a verbal confrontation that leads to a match at WrestleMania 29.
It has been reported that WWE wants to announce one of the big matches for WrestleMania 29 soon, giving a year to promote it just as they did with The Rock and John Cena – an HBK vs HHH match could be that main event bout.
We will continue to follow the story and bring you more information.

Only a possible spoiler, no truth in it yet, don't put 100% belief in it.
Bitter sweet. I'd like it but I'd be happy if he stayed retired. I'd like it though because their wm20 match can't be recognized

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
That match actually interests me a bit. Wouldn't mind seeing Shawn/HHH at Wrestlemania. Hopefully by then Undertaker will have retired.