WWE Looking To Announce WM29 Main Event Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Rock/Orton
Cena/Taker
Austin/Punk

Triple main event, Attitude Era v PG Era.

Book it.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Cena vs Taker
The Rock vs HHH
Jericho vs HBK
Punk vs Austin

Any will do.

BDC

Reaction score
Not sure any of them are gonna be GREAT matches...with Cena, A CENA/TAKER year long storyline would be epic, but GAWD don't let Cena put the streak outta commission! lol!

Not sure...but, yeah, a ratings gimmick only here!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
If WWE are smart Rock vs Cena 2 will be at Summerslam doing it twice at Wrestlemania is overkill.
They'd still need to face off at WrestleMania again anyway for the rubber match because there is absolutely no way either guy wins both matches on the bounce.

Man, PHIL & company are gonna be pissed at this news, Rock AND Austin coming back and stealing guys spots! I'm sure PHIL will do a complete 360 on what he's said if he gets given his match with Austin.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
To those saying that WWE are looking short term again by booking these veterans in the big spot they need to remember that WM these days has multiple mainevent matches. You may as well announce a huge match between two veterans now and then throughout the year WWE can build the other matches featuring the current full time wrestlers.

I like the idea of announcing Takers match since we know that he will return again for WM although it would mean they would need to forget the HHH feud immediately.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Man Dale's attempts to be funny are coming off pretty flat. I'm all for Rock Cena at Mania again BUT if its Punk Austin, I want that to be main event. It may be far fetched but same main event for two straight years doesn't appeal to me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I enjoyed Undertaker vs HBK two years in a row and I am sure that this year I will enjoy Undertaker vs HHH again. I don't mind seeing the same match two years in a row as long as the second match has some different stakes attached. For Taker/HBK it was HBK retiring and for Taker/HHH it is HIAC and HBK as ref. If they do go with Rock vs. Cena again next year they need to give it something extra, if they do wrestle again later in the year the fact that this would be the rubber match is big enough stakes.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Man Dale's attempts to be funny are coming off pretty flat. I'm all for Rock Cena at Mania again BUT if its Punk Austin, I want that to be main event. It may be far fetched but same main event for two straight years doesn't appeal to me.
Considering it wasn't supposed to be funny, merely an opinion. :n:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I enjoyed Undertaker vs Taker two years in a row and I am sure that this year I will enjoy Undertaker vs HHH again. I don't mind seeing the same match two years in a row as long as the second match has some different stakes attached. For Taker/HBK it was HBK retiring and for Taker/HHH it is HIAC and HBK as ref. If they do go with Rock vs. Cena again next year they need to give it something extra, if they do wrestle again later in the year the fact that this would be the rubber match is big enough stakes.
Undertaker vs Taker ... Good lord I missed that at mania :(

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I saw someone mention Orton vs Rock. I think that would be the most lopsided feud in terms of mic work in main event history (don't count Great Khali please in anything). Rock could have a soar throat that's severe and still be better than Orton. I really wouldn't feel that feud at all.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Orton is one of the best I've heard on the mic. And if he were to be feuding with a "legend" like Rock, it would be even better.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Randy can't keep up with KAne on the mic. I would hate to see him try with Rock

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Orton is horrible at the mic, and he even admitted it in an interview a little while back. He said he needed to work on his promos.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If Orton hasn't been able to become good at promos after a decade in WWE then he will never be good at promos. It does show how much of a gap there is between Cena and Orton that for all these big WM matches Orton rarely gets mentioned, even Punk is mentioned more than him as a top current star.

Reaction score
Personally I've got nothing against announcing a main event a year in advance, the only thing is that if they do, it better be with two superstars that can deliver a five star match or at least deliver a Mania classic. In my opinion, Steve Austin, Undertaker and Brock Lesnar aren't capable of doing that anymore and we'll find out how the Rock does at this years Wrestlemania, and honestly out of the four I think Rock has the best chance. Announcing another Rock vs. (Name) wouldn't be to bad of an idea, the Rock always gets the crowd going, he's in great shape and building another Mania around a match with him is a smart business move. Having him face John Cena again might be the outcome, but I personally think they should go another route, The Rock could work well with a few guys and they shouldn't limit him to just John Cena, so hopefully they pick someone different this time around if in fact they are going with the Rock for another Mania main event.