WWE Looking To Announce WM29 Main Event Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE is looking to announce the main event for WrestleMania 29 possibly on the RAW Supershow the night after WrestleMania 28. WWE officials are expecting the RAW after WrestleMania 28 will be the highest-rated of the year.

Right now they are looking at John Cena, The Rock, Steve Austin and The Undertaker as the top guys to build next year around. Austin, he has not committed to wrestling another match yet but he has been open to a return match if the situation was right.

Damn, really another years wait/build and does that mean we'd have to wait til the last couple months towards WM29 to see the storyline start? Errrgh, but if it works for WWE well business wise like it has with The Rock I guess they're going to do it again. I really don't want to see SCSA at WM29 as I'm looking at going to WM30 now and won't have enough $$$ in time for 29 and wanna see him at 30.

The Rematch: John Cena vs The Rock?
John Cena vs Undertaker?
The Rock vs Undertaker?
Steve Austin vs CM Punk?
The Rock vs CM Punk?
Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker?
The Rock vs Triple H?
Steve Austin vs Triple H?

That's just a list of matches I came up with.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I dunno what it is but I hope one of them gets injured. Unless it's Austin Punk. Just not a fan of announcing these matches so early. They have no idea what could happen.

AF.

Reaction score
Well I don't mind knowing what our Main Events going to be a year early. Shows WWE has some sense of long term booking (some being key word).

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Really tough to announce it a year out especially if it is a guy like Rock or Austin who won't be available for that many shows.

John Cena vs. Undertaker has to be saved for WM30 as the mainevent to make that milestone show a special event. If Lesnar returns than him versus Undertaker at WM29 would be awesome.

Something from the news item that I found funny was how it says that WWE expects the show after WM to be the highest rated show of the year, so they think it will do a 3.5? It would be good if they were aiming for at least a 4.0 but I don't know how WWE can get that anymore.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Raw after Mania runs against the NCAA Championship Game. They are trying to lure viewers I guess. Worried it could be Rock-Cena II as that doesn't really work for me. Not sure what they will do but it is intriguing.

Lewb

Reaction score
:vince: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It has killed Cena's storyline since November. Since Survivor series you KNEW he weren't in the title picture because he's facing the rock. It take s the unpredictibility that WWE prides itself on, totally out of the picture. They should get through Summerslam then start building, at the earliest.

rcoot93

Reaction score
It would make sense if the match involoved taker as he useually has mst the year off anway so not much chance of him getting injured, not sure who I would want to face him though

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Austin/Punk needs to be at WM in Texas.

If they want to build next year I'd want it to be Lesnar v. Taker or Lesnar v. Triple H

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Only person's match I wouldn't mind them announcing is Takers. It takes away the need for his stupid shitty returns he has every year and we can actually see more of him.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
If WWE are smart Rock vs Cena 2 will be at Summerslam doing it twice at Wrestlemania is overkill.

Stone Cold coming back is great but Undertaker I think he just needs to let it end at Wrestlemania 28 depending on how good his match is because keep in mind in 2010 and 09 as well he was coming back too early if he is fully recovered then he should be ok to work a few PPV's

Lewb

Reaction score
I will spit blood if its Cena/Rock 2? They're pissing all over their own promotion of this match if they do it. "ONCE IN A LIFETIME" should only happen once. Quite self-explanatory really.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Nice way to build towards the future right? Show everyone that you are stuck in the past with guys being announced already established names right away again for Mania.

There is no telling how much the environment in WWE will change from now until Mania. Hell, Punk/Austin wouldn't even have been a thought if Punk didn't emerge like he did and now people want Austin to attempt fate and wrestle another match.

Yeah, WWE sure is banking on this Rock return. I expect him to be involved in this once again. I don't care against who.

Last edited:

AF.

Reaction score
HBK/Taker/HHH. Calling it here.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It really depends on how they go about it. Depends on how they build it. Lesnar vs. Taker could be really good. Get UFC involved in that! Talk about how Lesnar is going to wreck Taker because of all the training he has had in UFC and such. Cena, I really enjoy his work when he's not going for the title. I'd honestly like to see Miz vs. Rock if Rock did in fact return. Rock could talk about what Miz said during Cena and Rock's back and forth's. CM Punk vs. Steve Austin would be pretty awesome in my opinion. Their promo's would be amazing!

SAL

Reaction score
It isn't long-term booking if they don't do anything to build to the match. Announcing a match and then creating a reason for the match later is not long-term booking. This isn't the Mega Powers exploding or anything.