WWE Forums is (probably) closing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
The fact people are willing to donate to this forum actually surprises me.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
As Kevin has graciously offered to cover the amount needed, I'll now accept donations. As soon as money is received, I'll renew a license. Once everything is renewed, the upgrade will proceed.
Anything over the 353 needed will be used to pay for more features, and there are more I'd like to add. The 353 covers just the bare essentials.
Donate here: Donation Campaigns | WWE Forums - Wrestling Forum And News

Big thanks to Kevin!
Which one? Or does it not matter?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
It is because of all the cat memes isn't it? :okay:
No actually, it is because of this place basically being a Ghost Town and hardly any activity and yet people are willing to keep it around even though it means "throwing their money" in a matter of speaking for a dead forum when it could be used for other things that are "needed", you know. Sorry to sound like an ass or a dick, but logically and rational to me it makes no sense.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
No actually, it is because of this place basically being a Ghost Town and hardly any activity and yet people are willing to keep it around even though it means "throwing their money" in a matter of speaking for a dead forum when it could be used for other things that are "needed", you know. Sorry to sound like an ass or a dick, but logically and rational to me it makes no sense.
The people who want to donate, it just shows this place means something to them. I get what you are saying though.
The update will be massive so it may turn things around in a big way. Time will tell.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
The people who want to donate, it just shows this place means something to them. I get what you are saying though.
The update will be massive so it may turn things around in a big way. Time will tell.
I get that it means a lot to people, and I fully understand it, but why try saving something or gamble on a chance that may not come out in your favor and you are just prolonging the end, you know. Again, people have the choice to do whatever they want and if they feel like this risk is worth it then so be it, but from a logical and rational point of view, it makes no sense. I am also not bashing anyone who decides to donate because again their money they can do whatever, but I just don't see the reward or anything in the end, you know.

Maybe and hopefully, but forums as a whole are dying out in favor of things like Reddit and Twitter and Discord and such. Again I am not bashing or anything of the sort about all of this, I am just giving a different view of it and how I, personally, see it.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Maybe and hopefully, but forums as a whole are dying out in favor of things like Reddit and Twitter and Discord and such.
All 3 of those things are overcrowded messes and usually just ends in flaming, trolling, or hivemind situations. What we have here is a small community, a family even for some of us. You're not entirely wrong that forums are losing out to those. But those are the WWE; we are the indies. People gotta have that alternative, man.

Tell me something I don't know :reigns6:

Jk thanks, more than happy to help

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
All 3 of those things are overcrowded messes and usually just ends in flaming, trolling, or hivemind situations. What we have here is a small community, a family even for some of us. You're not entirely wrong that forums are losing out to those. But those are the WWE; we are the indies. People gotta have that alternative, man.
I understand all of that, but still, it makes no sense to me.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Those of you who would like to donate money but cannot afford it, please remember I am going to put some fund raiser videos up on my YouTube channel in the coming month. I narrate true scary stories, generally three stories per video. Lately my videos have been making about $100 a piece in their first month of release. So if you have a true scary story or know one who does, write it down or have them write it and send it to me. It's very conceivable that we can pay for the entire update with four or five videos.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Those of you who would like to donate money but cannot afford it, please remember I am going to put some fund raiser videos up on my YouTube channel in the coming month. I narrate true scary stories, generally three stories per video. Lately my videos have been making about $100 a piece in their first month of release. So if you have a true scary story or know one who does, write it down or have them write it and send it to me. It's very conceivable that we can pay for the entire update with four or five videos.
Do the conversations I and Grievous have count as Scary stories?