WWE Forums is (probably) closing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I can chip in $20.
[doublepost=1542734296][/doublepost]
I understand all of that, but still, it makes no sense to me.

These forms are not dead, a little quiet perhaps.

$20 for me is a meal, $100 is a night out drinking.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
UPDATE

As Kevin has graciously offered to cover the amount needed, I'll now accept donations. As soon as money is received, I'll renew a license. Once everything is renewed, the upgrade will proceed.
Anything over the 353 needed will be used to pay for more features, and there are more I'd like to add. The 353 covers just the bare essentials.
Donate here: Donation Campaigns | WWE Forums - Wrestling Forum And News

Big thanks to Kevin!

----------------

ORIGINAL

You've probably noticed things are really quiet here. Forums can't compete like they used to and ours is no exception.
There have been no updates and no new features since June 2017, everything is out of date, my drive to maintain the forum is at an all time low and every month I pay for it. I have no intention to commit myself to the major update we so desperately need for financial reasons and how time consuming it will be.

This is where you come in.

If you'd like to see the forum continue and be refreshed with a new look and new features that comes with the major software upgrade (XenForo 1.x -> XenForo 2.1), we need to raise the funds.
I can't overstate how big an upgrade this will be, it'll be incredibly tedious but if the community funds this then I will give it my all. I cannot guarantee the forum will flourish again, but I will put in the effort knowing big upgrades like this inspire me.

So... the cost. Here's the licenses that are expired and must be renewed if the forum were ever to get this upgrade...

• XenForo (the forum software itself)
  • Essentials addons (this includes PM enhancements, user name changes, additional functionality)
  • Chat addon
  • Betting addon
  • Forms addon (predictions contests)
  • Database backup addon
  • Giphy addon

And we'd also need a theme upgrade.
These are the things I consider essential to this forum, and renewing them all will cost $353. Any additional features after this will, of course, cost more. Some addons are free, though.

If anyone wants to help the cause, please say so in here. I will not accept donations until I know the costs are covered.
Otherwise, the forum will be closing in about 2 months.
This is disappointing, I know. I hate to see the forum wither away like this and I can't just let it continue to burn a hole in my wallet.

Questions? Complaints? Post below. :emoji_point_down:

Good show. Why did the situation become so bad? I thought this forum looked well-taken care of.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Good show. Why did the situation become so bad? I thought this forum looked well-taken care of.
Forums are just dying in general. Half the forums I used to go on either have closed down or have 1/3 of the community they used to have.

As someone who joined the forum basically when it was created, it's sometimes depressing going on the forum and seeing it in a state like this. Truth of the matter is, everyone has grown up, have ambitions and responsibilities now.
In the last 2-3 years, I've only made 3000 posts, yet I have a post count of 33,000.

People either:
A) Had new ambitions and decided not to become active
B) Got banned
C) Just stopped watching cause product is boring

Like I said, our activity is 1/3 of what it used to be, forum used to be able to fund itself or at least make it a smaller cost. But now it's just burning a hole in Solidus's pocket and it's not worth the reward in return. (This is just my opinion, nothing factual.)

If anyone would like to see this place thrive again, recommend it on social media, promote the site if you're able to. A lot of people are content with what we have right now, but one thing our site always did was welcome new members with open arms and make them apart of the WWEF family. If we can even get 3-5 new active members, that's good enough to spark more conversations, debates and potentially make more reasons to add new additional features.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Getting donations will ensure the place stays open and cover the cost of the massive update but people need to get active again. I don't even watch wrestling anymore but I do my best to make threads to get people talking on a weekly basis. If you don't like what WWE is doing now, talk about the things you liked that they did before. If you don't care at all, talk about other things... music, movies, etc.

Hopefully the update will bring in new members who like WWE and want to talk about it and maybe spark current members and older members to get more active again.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If i wasn't broke and unemployed i'd donate hopefully people will pitch in and help out!
Jeffry already covered a huge amount and Kevin said he will cover it all so if anyone wants to donate on top of that, it will got to more features for the place.
I am fairly certain everything is covered but things can go wrong and life happens so I won't write it in stone but I think everything will be fine.
Just gotta make sure it is worth it for you all. Get activity going again.

Last edited:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I'll save my sappy long post for Christmas then since the site is still alive.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
It would be sad to see wweforums go in two months but if it happens, it happens. I'm sure there will be other wrestling forums out there in the future. I'm not being jaded but 'net forums come and go in the blink of an eye. When I was on Ning's True Wrestling Fans in 2010 it started off hot but then it just petered off and closed up shop a year later.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Okay... I'm going to commit to this...

Looking over my budget and pay schedule.. on 12/6 I will send $100.. on 12/20 I will send another $100 or more depending on where we are in collections at that time.

That's 2/3 of what we need so hopefully a bunch of people will throw in $5 here and there to make up the difference.

Babe, please let me try to pay some of it too. It's likely I won't get the money from my channel for the fund raising videos until January 21. But I want to take some of the burden off. If you do what you do, I will try to make up for it on my channel and either give some money back to you or give it to Solidus for more features.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Cough up sum change ya cheap bastards! If i gotta start using wrestlingforum.com I am going to be pissed!

Don't worry about it. I've spent the past week off the forums, but I've been collecting horror stories for my fund raiser and I will be able to produce about 7 videos in December that will be completely fund raiser videos for this forum. Big Kev is offering to put the money out there, and I will make sure to have backup just in case.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Babe, please let me try to pay some of it too. It's likely I won't get the money from my channel for the fund raising videos until January 21. But I want to take some of the burden off. If you do what you do, I will try to make up for it on my channel and either give some money back to you or give it to Solidus for more features.
This sounds like such a couple thing that I am impressed.