WWE Forums is (probably) closing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
UPDATE

As Kevin has graciously offered to cover the amount needed, I'll now accept donations. As soon as money is received, I'll renew a license. Once everything is renewed, the upgrade will proceed.
Anything over the 353 needed will be used to pay for more features, and there are more I'd like to add. The 353 covers just the bare essentials.
Donate here: Donation Campaigns | WWE Forums - Wrestling Forum And News

Big thanks to Kevin!

----------------

ORIGINAL

You've probably noticed things are really quiet here. Forums can't compete like they used to and ours is no exception.
There have been no updates and no new features since June 2017, everything is out of date, my drive to maintain the forum is at an all time low and every month I pay for it. I have no intention to commit myself to the major update we so desperately need for financial reasons and how time consuming it will be.

This is where you come in.

If you'd like to see the forum continue and be refreshed with a new look and new features that comes with the major software upgrade (XenForo 1.x -> XenForo 2.1), we need to raise the funds.
I can't overstate how big an upgrade this will be, it'll be incredibly tedious but if the community funds this then I will give it my all. I cannot guarantee the forum will flourish again, but I will put in the effort knowing big upgrades like this inspire me.

So... the cost. Here's the licenses that are expired and must be renewed if the forum were ever to get this upgrade...

• XenForo (paid for)
  • Essentials addons (this includes PM enhancements, user name changes, additional functionality) (User Essentials paid)
  • Chat addon (paid for)
  • Betting addon (paid for)
  • Forms addon (paid for)
  • Database backup addon
  • Giphy addon (paid for)
  • Updated theme (paid for)

And we'd also need a theme upgrade.
These are the things I consider essential to this forum, and renewing them all will cost $353. Any additional features after this will, of course, cost more. Some addons are free, though.

If anyone wants to help the cause, please say so in here. I will not accept donations until I know the costs are covered.
Otherwise, the forum will be closing in about 2 months.
This is disappointing, I know. I hate to see the forum wither away like this and I can't just let it continue to burn a hole in my wallet.

Questions? Complaints? Post below. :emoji_point_down:

Last edited:
Reactions: Crash

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
I want to help, but don't know if I realistically can at the time of writing this. That could change however.

Reactions: Solidus1

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Damn that's a big drain on your wallet. With my currency the way it is now (all time low against the dollar) I really can't commit to anything.

I've got two questions though.

Do we have like the whole 2 months to see if we can get the amount?

Are you open to trying stuff like GoFundMe campaigns?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end....

200.gif

I hate seeing the state of the forum now given that it was so active and full of life when I first joined. Met some cool people here, met my husband here.

I see people log in every day but only a handful post on a regular basis. I know people care about the forum and care about some of the members as friends here but WWE in general has just grown sour for a lot of people here and I can't blame them for that. I really don't care about it at all anymore. I push myself to make threads and talk about things to keep the place active but I would honestly rather be talking about other things with people.

In the event that we don't reach the goal for funding the forum, just make sure you all have ways of keeping in touch with each other.
I am sure Solidus will let you guys know a few days in advance, but just in case, better to have info now.

T3CokhwD_400x400.jpg

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I always forget about Discord cause I don't have a reason to use it lol
(The WWEF server would be a reason to use it I suppose)

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Didn't think I would be here for closing time, feel bad for not contributing more, only donating within the past year and not when it mattered most. I can donate again, but making a discord seems to be the logical conclusion to a forum. Downsizing, basically.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I could conceivably raise that much money within a two month period or even shorter. Despite me not having a lot of videos out since my brother passed away, my channel is actually going really strong view and revenue wise. If I crank it up over the next few weeks, which I was planning on doing anyway, I could very likely get the money for this. I can't promise that yet, but I do love this site enough to try.

One thing that could help is that if members on here have had a scary experience in their life, write it and message it to me and maybe I can add it into a video.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
I could conceivably raise that much money within a two month period or even shorter. Despite me not having a lot of videos out since my brother passed away, my channel is actually going really strong view and revenue wise. If I crank it up over the next few weeks, which I was planning on doing anyway, I could very likely get the money for this. I can't promise that yet, but I do love this site enough to try.

One thing that could help is that if members on here have had a scary experience in their life, write it and message it to me and maybe I can add it into a video.
Any specific topic for that scary experience or literally anything?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Any specific topic for that scary experience or literally anything?

Could be anything. I do topic videos but when I have stories that don't fit in a topic, I'll make a video called something like "Scary Stories Told by Candlelight" or some such thing.

Reactions: Nostradamus

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score

man of action right here