WWE Forums is (probably) closing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Are forums falling off everywhere now?

Yeah, it has been happening for years now.

These aren't really my best of days financially speaking but when the time comes, you can count me in as well. Whatever I can possibly contribute, I will gladly do so...

The time is now. If any member knows they can give a certain amount, they should say so. Only when I know we can raise the amount needed, I'll take the donations.

I'm not sure if these upgrades will actually help the activity on the site itself. Besides, if you upgrade it now, wouldn't you have to do the same thing next year again?

Not exactly, the licenses will expire again but I'll already have what we need and the forum will already be upgraded. Right now the upgrade simply isn't possible without renewing licenses.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Okay... I'm going to commit to this...

Looking over my budget and pay schedule.. on 12/6 I will send $100.. on 12/20 I will send another $100 or more depending on where we are in collections at that time.

That's 2/3 of what we need so hopefully a bunch of people will throw in $5 here and there to make up the difference.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
In that case I should be able to cover the entire amount myself... $100 on 12/6, $100 on 12/20, and the remainder on 1/3.
He'll only accept donations all at once when it is the final call so this thread is meant to sort it out and see how much everyone can pitch in.
This is very generous of you but you have time to make sure. Other people have mentioned donating as well. Not sure how much is considered guaranteed or not.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
He'll only accept donations all at once when it is the final call so this thread is meant to sort it out and see how much everyone can pitch in.
This is very generous of you but you have time to make sure. Other people have mentioned donating as well. Not sure how much is considered guaranteed or not.

I'll PM Soli and see if we can work something.. I can pay the full amount and everyone else can keep their money and continue enjoying the forum, but I need him to take it in the increments I'm setting forth right now.. this will be budgeted and is guaranteed to be done... the thing is I need the money out of my hands in order to guarantee that.. I am the worst person at saving money. If he can take the money in portions and save it then we've got no worries.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'll PM Soli and see if we can work something.. I can pay the full amount and everyone else can keep their money and continue enjoying the forum, but I need him to take it in the increments I'm setting forth right now.. this will be budgeted and is guaranteed to be done... the thing is I need the money out of my hands in order to guarantee that.. I am the worst person at saving money. If he can take the money in portions and save it then we've got no worries.
That's understandable. Yeah, just talk to him in a PM about it. He's at work now but I am sure he will respond when he gets home.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I just hope with the effort you guys are putting in to cover the upgrade and updates, it is worth it. I would like to see this place get active again.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
As Kevin has graciously offered to cover the amount needed, I'll now accept donations. As soon as money is received, I'll renew a license. Once everything is renewed, the upgrade will proceed.
Anything over the 353 needed will be used to pay for more features, and there are more I'd like to add. The 353 covers just the bare essentials.
Donate here: Donation Campaigns | WWE Forums - Wrestling Forum And News

Big thanks to Kevin!