What do you think of Fandango?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
Personally, I find this persona very boring and uninteresting. Every time he comes out and goes into his act of teaching people how to pronounce his name, no one seems interested at all and he just doesn't pull it off. It seems like the crowd is thinking "Oh,God, this guy again?" At a point you'd expect a few cheers, you hear crickets. For some reason, this guy just can't pull off being cocky and arrogant the way Sandow can.

How many times can you delay your debut just because someone can't or won't say your name right? At what point are we to stop caring? The name pronunciation is beyond cheesy and I find myself saying "Oh, he was going to debut and now he isn't? What's the next match?"

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't care about him. His gimmick is extremely boring and at this point, I won't be disappointed if he doesn't debut.

Franco

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan. At first it was great simply because it's Johnny Curtis, but with every passing week I bought more and more into the whole Fandango character. Everything so far was good and there's "only" to see how he works in ring as a dancer, whether ge can mix dance and fight. Knowing Curtis I have no doubt that he'll deliver, as he seems fully dedicated and in past he did most with every character he had. This might finally be his big break, and I can't wait to buy a Fandango T-Shirt.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Isn't this like his third attempt with a different character though? What if this doesn't work? What's he going to come back as next?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not interested in him. It's basically a less exciting, less entertaining twist on Brodus Clay.

Franco

Reaction score
Isn't this like his third attempt with a different character though? What if this doesn't work? What's he going to come back as next?

It's his third. He was first Zack Ryder-lite with the "This is the WWE. This is Zack Ryder. This is WWE putting Zack Ryder on the back-burner" shtick on SmackDown. Then he was a creep on NXT, and now Fandango.

Blujay

Reaction score
I'm not too crazy about him yet but he hasn't made me from fastforward his segments either.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Love it! Love everything about it. As much as I would have loved him to debut with his lets get weird gimmick, he's really showing that he can run with anything. Seems WWE has some high hopes for him especially if he gets a singles match against Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania. I wonder if they have the balls to stretch out his debut until then. Definitely more entertaining than Brodus Clay.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've always liked Curtis, don't think he's all that great in the ring, but he can hold his own and is good enough for a mid-card guy. He did so great with the creepy CLB gimmick last year on NXT, and now he's really running with this Fandango stuff, so I can see the guy being at least moderately entertaining no matter what stupid gimmick they stick him with since I don't see this one lasting. I'm a fan of it so far though.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm not gonna lie, the dude makes me laugh.

Of course, I can't really say for certain since I haven't seen him wrestle yet. But if he's even halfway decent, I'm sure Ill enjoy his cheesy character at least for time being.

I wouldn't brag about it though.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I think he's far more interesting than Brodus. I've enjoyed it so far, time to get him in the ring now though

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm a fan so far. I find it rather entertaining. Each match he gets closer and closer to finally having a match. But... yeah it is about time to finally have a match.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
He's still a bit akward and speaks too lowly and slowly to grab my attention. I'm sure as Fandango gets more promo time he'll fill in those gaps since he's already growing on me a bit, but there's some work to be done here. His personality could use a touch more "fire".