What do you think of Fandango?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am interested to see what they do with him next. They have done okay in establishing his character and he is getting a bit of heat each week. They do need to stop with the stalling tactics now and put him in the ring so that we can see what he can do. Yes it is still Johnny Curtis wrestling but this is a completely new gimmick so the moveset and style should be different. I am not writing this character off yet, wrestling needs gimmicks so I hope he can make it work.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Loving it so far. I think he can easily turn into a sort of Goldust 1996-2002 type of character if they let him be as weird as he wants to. I love the crowd trolling for cheap heat. His attack on Jericho was impressive. The guy's an athletic motherfucker, that's for sure.

Loving it so far. I think he can easily turn into a sort of Goldust 1996-2002 type of character if they let him be as weird as he wants to. I love the crowd trolling for cheap heat. His attack on Jericho was impressive. The guy's an athletic motherfucker, that's for sure.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think that they will go as far with Fandango as they did with Goldust but I see what you are getting at and I wouldn't mind it heading in that direction either. Would be a nice change from all the gimmicks that WWE have introduced over the past few years.

It was impressive on Smackdown, worked out really well for him to be able to start off attacking a guy like Jericho. I like the little touches that his gimmick has like the way he enters the ring, his pose before he hits the legdrop and his taunt. Has promise.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think that they will go as far with Fandango as they did with Goldust but I see what you are getting at and I wouldn't mind it heading in that direction either. Would be a nice change from all the gimmicks that WWE have introduced over the past few years.

It was impressive on Smackdown, worked out really well for him to be able to start off attacking a guy like Jericho. I like the little touches that his gimmick has like the way he enters the ring, his pose before he hits the legdrop and his taunt. Has promise.

No doubt. We're not going to see another edgy, "Bizarre One" gimmick, but if we see some creepy, methodical characteristics of that in Fandango, then that's awesome. Johnny Curtis definately adds depth to the character with the posing and taunting. Seems to me Creative has some belief in him to give him multiple false debuts and his own custom entrance way over the Titantron.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I don't think I've ever seen him wrestle before, but in terms of what he's been doing with his characters it's been a good couple of weeks for him.

That said, I don't see him going very far in the future. I'm sure after a couple of months of him finally wrestling he'll be losing to people on Superstars. He just doesn't seem like the type of guy creative will give continuous attention to.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I don't hate a lot of wrestlers...but I hate Fandango. Everything about him just ticks me off to no end. His stupid dance gimmick. His ridiculous entrance. His over the top mic presentations. The quicker he is off my TV and fired, the better.

RIP Johnny Curtis. I'll never like you again.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't hate a lot of wrestlers...but I hate Fandango. Everything about him just ticks me off to no end. His stupid dance gimmick. His ridiculous entrance. His over the top mic presentations. The quicker he is off my TV and fired, the better.

RIP Johnny Curtis. I'll never like you again.

So he is doing his job then.

Dancer gimmick doesn't have legs, but the guy himself is doing everything he can to make it work, and I applaud him for that, he has been taking dance lessons for months for this character. Molester uncle vibe I get from his promos, so it stands out.

Kind of like the hillbilly nature of Dean Ambrose promos.\

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
So he is doing his job then.

Dancer gimmick doesn't have legs, but the guy himself is doing everything he can to make it work, and I applaud him for that, he has been taking dance lessons for months for this character. Molester uncle vibe I get from his promos, so it stands out.

Kind of like the hillbilly nature of Dean Ambrose promos.\

Man it doesn't happen all that often, but I completely agree with you on this one Deez..... Not sure the gimmick will last but He sure as hell has my attention with the effort he's putting in... haven't seen much of Curtis in the ring but if he can go then they can always tweek the character as it goes to help give it legs.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No doubt. We're not going to see another edgy, "Bizarre One" gimmick, but if we see some creepy, methodical characteristics of that in Fandango, then that's awesome. Johnny Curtis definately adds depth to the character with the posing and taunting. Seems to me Creative has some belief in him to give him multiple false debuts and his own custom entrance way over the Titantron.

The fact that he took out Jericho first up says a lot as well rather than having him attack a random jobber. As others have said this dancing gimmick isn't likely to have very strong legs but if he can grow and adapt the persona he could do okay.

Judt one random point on the character name, I never knew that fandango is actually the name of Real dance that had been around for hundreds of years. There actually was some logical reasoning behind the name

The Wrestling Wall

Reaction score
Initially I thought the idea of a ball room dancer as a character was a bit lame but so far it seems to be getting decent heat (helps that he is in a high profile program with Jericho) and Curtis seems to be doing his best to make it work as others have said. I never used to like him as a wrestler on NXT season 4 or his brief run on Smackdown but he won me over on NXT season 5 with the storyline with him, Maxine and Bateman so I quite like Curtis himself now and hope this character works for him in the long run. My mom also really like him as well since he debuted as Fandango so take that for what it is worth.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He could be a Morrison replacement. He has the athleticism. He has the bendy chick. He can talk better, he can wrestle better. He has the flamboyant look. H could be what they wanted morrisons heel act to be before he couldn't develop because of his limited personality

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don't really see the Morrison comparison because they were two completely different types of people and characters. That and Morrison was never a stand-alone act. He always needed somebody else, whether it's a valet or a tag team partner. I don't see Fandango having that issue. His valet is pretty worthless and could fuck off next week and nobody would remember her.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I didn't even know he had a valet if I'm being honest. But I think Fandango has a pretty good career ahead of him. He seems ready to roll.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't really see the Morrison comparison because they were two completely different types of people and characters. That and Morrison was never a stand-alone act. He always needed somebody else, whether it's a valet or a tag team partner. I don't see Fandango having that issue. His valet is pretty worthless and could fuck off next week and nobody would remember her.

I don't know, she is pretty hot, hotter than the majority of divas so I will miss her if she disappears. That being said I only see her sticking around until his character is established and then she will disappear. Could happen as soon as his feud with Jericho is over.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Based on the RAW thread it seems like quite a few more members are onboard the Fandango bandwagon.

Had a good start at WM29 with the win over Jericho although I still don't know why they had Jericho kick out of his finisher the first time he hit it in a match. Tonight on RAW was amazing for Fandango, the entire crowd signing/humming his theme was one crazy moment that no-one could ever have predicted. I like that his feud with Jericho is continuing because he can learn so much from him and because there really isn't any better to make him look like he belongs.