What do you think of Fandango?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
He's enabled himself some great heel-heat. He's one of those guys that could play any character.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
He's funny, but is it really in his best interest for WWE to force him into a gimmick of this nature.

It's like they've decided to keep this guy in the mid card forever and to that end they have decided to give him one of the kookiest characters ever.

Granted even Cena debuted with a Vanilla gimmick but he was 25 when he debuted. Curtis is 31. You'd think that they would give him a more serious gimmick to begin with. As I stated before, I just don't see people accepting a ballroom dancer as main event material. I mean, take a look. Almost all of the main eventers on today's roster have a serious gimmick. Not to say that "kooky" gimmicks haven't been at least moderately successful before....I just don't see this having much of a market life, that's all.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If this guy gets over and ends up being a big deal one day, these debut teasers are going to be famous. It's very original, so I hope the creativity continues after he actually debuts.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I have no desire to see him wrestle cause I've seen it already and it wasn't good at all so I hope he puts off his in ring debut for the rest of his WWE run and continues to kind of dance and get people to say his name.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
We Are Legion said:
If this guy gets over and ends up being a big deal one day, these debut teasers are going to be famous. It's very original, so I hope the creativity continues after he actually debuts.

Not to be a pessimist but that's a pretty big if.

But yeah, if he does become World/WWE champion one day, it's going to be pretty bizarre to look back at these debut vignettes. :side:

Last edited:

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I have no interest in the character, it's useless to me and has go away heat. With that said Curtis is definitely doing the best he can with it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This is a 6 month character at the most.

Nothing about this screams push or money maker. The guy sounds like a creepy guy who makes phone calls to sororities and asking what they are wearing. Should just go with that character, a creepy boy who stalks divas in the locker room.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
deezy said:
This is a 6 month character at the most.

Nothing about this screams push or money maker. The guy sounds like a creepy guy who makes phone calls to sororities and asking what they are wearing. Should just go with that character, a creepy boy who stalks divas in the locker room.

:lmao

Pretty much agree, I just don't see the fan's taking a guy like this seriously, look at the list of recent WWE/World, IC/US champions, pretty much 95%, 100% in the case of WWE/World champions I'm guessing have had a serious face gimmick or something that makes them stand out from the crowd, and Fandango is just a mixture of annoying and funny.

I don't really know if the guy is a good wrestler or not but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and guess that he's decent, however if they want to make him into title material he needs a character change. Like I said in RCT, why don't they just give the guy his new gimmick already. :side:

Helmsley

Reaction score
Idk about you OP but I hear him getting heat from the crowd.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I have no history with this wrestler so I have never seen him wrestle or try other character angles. There is just something about him that makes him very unlikeable and therefore unwatchable for me. There are plenty of WWE stars and mid carders that I don't like that much but will still watch and listen to. Fandango is just way too cheesy for me. Maybe he will grow on me like Sandow did, but I seriously doubt it. I guess I might like seeing him wrestle a little bit as long as he gets the tar kicked out of him. I enjoy seeing cocky people lose at any sport.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It's a great character, but I guess because he doesn't cut promos saying how INTENSE AND SERIOUS he is like those ROH bores, you guys just don't get it.

I don't need a guy to show me 36 different variations of an armbar to get jazzed about him, being good in the ring hardly matters in the WWE.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's a great character, but I guess because he doesn't cut promos saying how INTENSE AND SERIOUS he is like those ROH bores, you guys just don't get it.

I don't need a guy to show me 36 different variations of an armbar to get jazzed about him, being good in the ring hardly matters in the WWE.

I disagree with you on being good in the ring in WWE hardly matters. It depends on what your definition of "good" is.

If you think two guys just stadning in the middle of the ring kicking and forearm smashing eachother. then hulking up is good. You won't like WWE. If you think a person hulking up after a beatdown is good, then WWE is.

Gimmicks don't produce maineventers outside of Undertaker or Mankind. It is usually a character being himself with the volume turned up. But for a comedy character it will be fine. Just doesn't seem like a character with legs.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think he should rename himself fagdoucho.

C'mon that is terrible, even made Jerico's shit look good by comparison. Call him what Khali called him on Smackdown....Fan....FAGGOOOOO!.