TNA Slammiversary X - June 10th, 2012 - Preview and Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Sting bleeding on the back of his head?

Castiel

Reaction score
I doubt it. But I did call that it sets him up nicely now.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

It was the perfect set up for him, like I said before I had an odd feeling Storm would come out after Sting got screwed and go all WrestleMania 9 Hogan. Glad that didn't happen.

Really good show tonight! Some decision I would reverse, but excellent matches for the most part and the show was good despite the lack of build.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Somebody call an ambulance I think Roode is dead.

The Viper

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't participate in the LD tonight. Saw too much negativity from a certain person here (which makes me pretty sad considering who it is). I absolutely loved the show.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Sorry I didn't participate in the LD tonight. Saw too much negativity from a certain person here (which makes me pretty sad considering who it is). I absolutely loved the show.

I posted a total of three times in the first half hour and only talked about the X Division weight limit with Fuji and Vips the 15 minutes that followed but openly admitted the match was pretty good so I don't see how that stopped you from participating in the LD.

Reactions: 1 person

The Viper

Reaction score
I posted a total of three times in the first half hour and only talked about the X Division weight limit with Fuji and Vips the 15 minutes that followed but openly admitted the match was pretty good so I don't see how that stopped you from participating in the LD.

It was pretty much that whole weight limit stuff. I just didn't wanna deal with it. I mean, I don't understand why anybody should be worried about a stupid weight limit gimmick. If the match is gonna be good (which it ended up being more than that), why waste your time?

Then with the whole being disappointed with Storm facing Crimson stuff. I think you got your hopes up a little bit wishing for Christian or Joey Ryan to accept his challenge, buddy. Just sayin'. I mean, the whole show ended up being great and to see you say you thought it was awful was pretty shocking.

How anybody can love Lockdown then think this show was awful is beyond me but whatevs, bro. Sometimes, a lot of these LD's get bombarded with some negativity here and there (I'm looking at you, Wrestlemania 28 LD!!!). Guess I just have to live with that fact.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It was pretty much that whole weight limit stuff. I just didn't wanna deal with it. I mean, I don't understand why anybody should be worried about a stupid weight limit gimmick. If the match is gonna be good (which it ended up being more than that), why waste your time?

Then with the whole being disappointed with Storm facing Crimson stuff. I think you got your hopes up a little bit wishing for Christian or Joey Ryan to accept his challenge, buddy. Just sayin'. I mean, the whole show ended up being great and to see you say you thought it was awful was pretty shocking.

How anybody can love Lockdown then think this show was awful is beyond me but whatevs, bro. Sometimes, a lot of these LD's get bombarded with some negativity here and there (I'm looking at you, Wrestlemania 28 LD!!!). Guess I just have to live with that fact.

The weight limit discussion had nothing to do with what was on screen at the moment so you could have just posted about Kash/Hernandez match and ignored us. And it's not about whether or not is was good (it was good) because the match would have been equally as good if the title wasn't on the line. But if you saw how our conversation naturally drifted, Fuji convinced me that as a one-time throwback, it actually was a good idea. And Crimson's match wasn't 'til what half way through?!?! And I made ONE post about it! :lol:

My main problem with it (and what my problem with the whole show really) is it had no story. Why did Storm accept Crimson's challenge? Why did Storm of all people end the streak? Personally I think open challenge are the best when either it advances the angle of the wrestler or it allows a returning/debuting wrestler to shock the audience.

Lastly Lockdown was MILES a better show than this. For one it was BUILT and the matches made sense.

Roode/Storm was way better than Roode/Sting to boot. Anyways ignore it and just enjoy yourself despite it.

The Viper

Reaction score
The weight limit discussion had nothing to do with what was on screen at the moment so you could have just posted about Kash/Hernandez match and ignored us. And it's not about whether or not is was good (it was good) because the match would have been equally as good if the title wasn't on the line. But if you saw how our conversation naturally drifted, Fuji convinced me that as a one-time throwback, it actually was a good idea. And Crimson's match wasn't 'til what half way through?!?! And I made ONE post about it! :lol:

My main problem with it (and what my problem with the whole show really) is it had no story. Why did Storm accept Crimson's challenge? Why did Storm of all people end the streak? Personally I think open challenge are the best when either it advances the angle of the wrestler or it allows a returning/debuting wrestler to shock the audience.

Lastly Lockdown was MILES a better show than this. For one it was BUILT and the matches made sense.

Roode/Storm was way better than Roode/Sting to boot. Anyways ignore it and just enjoy yourself despite it.

Meh.

I still loved the show despite.........whatever you just said.

Kidding. Maybe Storm accepting the challenge "didn't make sense" story wise but really, what would have made sense other than Matt Morgan (even though that would have been a bit of a letdown and their matches were never that great to begin with)? So really, to have Storm return to a nice pop is everything I wanted and then some. I mean, I marked. So that's really all that matters here :lol:

Although, now that I think about it, now this may not go over well with some people here but I actually would have loved for Christian to accept his challenge. Pin him with the Killswitch. Then on Impact, have Crimson (the cowardly heel that he is) come out and say "Christian isn't a contracted TNA wrestler so I'M STILL UNDEFEATED!" blah blah blah. But that's pure fantasy and never would have happened but it would have been fantastic for Crimson's heel character, IMHO.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Meh.

I still loved the show despite.........whatever you just said.

Kidding. Maybe Storm accepting the challenge "didn't make sense" story wise but really, what would have made sense other than Matt Morgan (even though that would have been a bit of a letdown and their matches were never that great to begin with)? So really, to have Storm return to a nice pop is everything I wanted and then some. I mean, I marked. So that's really all that matters here :lol:

Although, now that I think about it, now this may not go over well with some people here but I actually would have loved for Christian to accept his challenge. Pin him with the Killswitch. Then on Impact, have Crimson (the cowardly heel that he is) come out and say "Christian isn't a contracted TNA wrestler so I'M STILL UNDEFEATED!" blah blah blah. But that's pure fantasy and never would have happened but it would have been fantastic for Crimson's heel character, IMHO.
Actually that was pretty close to what I was expecting to happen.

I figured with Christian appearing on the show and an open challenge, it seemed natural.

And why wouldn't Vince let WWE show it's superiority by having his IC Champion end TNA's shining star's winning streak, right? ;)

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Huh, not only did Scott Keith like this show, he called it the best PPV of the year so far. I'm down, definitely watching Joe/Aries Wednesday at the very least.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Huh, not only did Scott Keith like this show, he called it the best PPV of the year so far. I'm down, definitely watching Joe/Aries Wednesday at the very least.
He obviously hasn't seen Chikarasurus Rex or Evolve 12 and 13, because they were both better (unless he's not counting iPPV's). That being said, this show was on par with Extreme Rules for best of the year from the big two.

I don't really care to argue with anyone, but seriously, if you think Lockdown is better than this show, you're on glue. :lol:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I just don't understand how Kash/Hernandez, Garett & Devon/Robbies, Crimson/Storm, Kim/Tessmacher or even Sting/Roode were that great.

Only two matches worth checking out are the tag and X title matches and the X had NO story and the tag had the wrong finish.

Maybe I'm last of the fans who believe there should be a story going into your PPV; especially your 10 year anniversary.

It's okay though because at least this proved I won't swallow anything they do.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I just don't understand how Kash/Hernandez, Garett & Devon/Robbies, Crimson/Storm, Kim/Tessmacher or even Sting/Roode were that great.
Perhaps the crowd actually being alive for those matches made them better? The Nashville crowd sucked so much at Lockdown that any chance of that show being good went out the window almost from the beginning. It's been pretty much universally slammed while Slammiversary is getting praise from almost everyone. This includes people who normally shit all over TNA's product, so its clear to me that they did something right last night.

There were only two matches at Lockdown I'd watch again and one had a shitty finish (regardless of where the story is going in the future). By contrast, I can easily see myself enjoying Aries/Joe, the Tag Titles match, Ray/Park and Kash/Hernandez again.

I'm also not sure where you're getting that there were no stories going into the PPV when Ray/Park, the Tag Titles match and Sting/Roode all had one. Considering those were the three defacto main events, I'd say the booking was fine. Did I think Aries/Joe was a little rushed? Yes. However, they put on a MOTN contender, so I really shouldn't care that much. Even Kash/Hernandez had a certain logic to it, despite it being thrown together at the last minute. Hell, Kim/Tessmacher had a story going into it as well.

Finally, Storm beating Crimson was totally the right move. That undefeated streak was the biggest joke in wrestling (well in TNA at least, I'm not touching the shit-fest going on in WWE right now) and who better to break it than the returning hero? I wouldn't have minded that Christian angle, but it was made clear that he was not going to be wrestling. Would you rather have had Alex Silva break the streak? As Apex said, it got a pop and caused people to mark out. I think that's what you want on one of your big PPV's.

Are you sure you're not just bitter that Tessmacher beat Gail Kim and that's what's causing you're angst towards this show? Because I can understand it if that's why. I feel the same way about Lockdown and Storm's loss, but the difference is, I can see a lot more positives coming out of Slammiversary than I could out of Lockdown.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Perhaps the crowd actually being alive for those matches made them better? The Nashville crowd sucked so much at Lockdown that any chance of that show being good went out the window almost from the beginning. It's been pretty much universally slammed while Slammiversary is getting praise from almost everyone. This includes people who normally shit all over TNA's product, so its clear to me that they did something right last night.

There were only two matches at Lockdown I'd watch again and one had a shitty finish (regardless of where the story is going in the future). By contrast, I can easily see myself enjoying Aries/Joe, the Tag Titles match, Ray/Park and Kash/Hernandez again.

I'm also not sure where you're getting that there were no stories going into the PPV when Ray/Park, the Tag Titles match and Sting/Roode all had one. Considering those were the three defacto main events, I'd say the booking was fine. Did I think Aries/Joe was a little rushed? Yes. However, they put on a MOTN contender, so I really shouldn't care that much. Even Kash/Hernandez had a certain logic to it, despite it being thrown together at the last minute. Hell, Kim/Tessmacher had a story going into it as well.

Finally, Storm beating Crimson was totally the right move. That undefeated streak was the biggest joke in wrestling (well in TNA at least, I'm not touching the shit-fest going on in WWE right now) and who better to break it than the returning hero? I wouldn't have minded that Christian angle, but it was made clear that he was not going to be wrestling. Would you rather have had Alex Silva break the streak? As Apex said, it got a pop and caused people to mark out. I think that's what you want on one of your big PPV's.

Are you sure you're not just bitter that Tessmacher beat Gail Kim and that's what's causing you're angst towards this show? Because I can understand it if that's why. I feel the same way about Lockdown and Storm's loss, but the difference is, I can see a lot more positives coming out of Slammiversary than I could out of Lockdown.

I'm not sure when people starting giving two fucks whether or not people in the audience were having a good time but that doesn't make or break what I think of the show. As for TNA haters liking the show, that just proves to me they're doing something alright but it isn't right, just something that wasn't TNA before. And if that is considered doing it right, then consider me no longer a fan of TNA. I hope that isn't the case though.

I certainly don't want to see either Ray/Park or Kash/Hernandez again. But I'd see Storm/Roode again in a heart beat.

I'm sorry but I don't count waiting until there's only two weeks left, having Sting magically return and making Roode submit as a story worthy of TNA10. And we're counting Ray/Park as a main event? And what was the story behind Joe/Aries anyway? He got water splashed on him? That's what I read anyway. That's still only three of nine matches either way.

I don't mind the streak ending as it was one of the positives of the night but it didn't make sense storyline wise. Is there a reason Storm cared about Crimson's streak?

I am bitter that Kim lost to Tessmacher but the match itself also sucked and I was already not enjoying the show before that. Also throw in Angle and Styles winning the tag titles. How does that makes any sense? I don't get how they took the belts off Magnus and Joe (speaking of, did they forget about that team) to give them to Daniels and Kaz, only to hand them to Angle and Styles. What are Angle and Styles going to do as the tag team champs?

I'm glad you see positives because I really don't see many.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU