TNA HardCORE Justice

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Yeah it really didnt live up to my expectations at all. There were alot of little things that actually kind of pissed me off about the show. For one, we knew we were in store for some fucked TNA style ppv when the first match started with a FUCKING dance off..Im suprised we didnt get a "Holy Shit" chant from the idiotic obvlivous audience while they were dancing too. I mean its like TNA hand picks the biggest smurf marks on the fucking plantet to come watch their tapings. There was not ONE holy shit moment on this entire PPV. Including that weak ass powerbomb through the flaming table that Kahoneys( Balls Mahoney) went though. It was just a weak imitation of the one from ONS2005. The fact that copyright laws prevented TNA from doing alot of things that we would see in the original ECW brought the PPV quality down, but why replicate something that is owned by someone else in the first place? So copyright laws cannot be used as an excuse whatsoevwer. They knew what they were getting into from the start, and I Believe they could of done a much better job with what they had to work with. The "extreme" wrestling wasnt really there and it was just a few mediocre matches that looked like they were trying to book more for reasons other than what the show was about (Besides RVD/Sabu and Raven/Dreamer) Not to mention how much worse the announcers made the show. Taz has to be loosing brain cells or something, he just isnt the same guy he used to be on the headset. And christ oh mighty Tenay should of lost his job back when
Don West lost his. This guy is just plain outdated and makes less and less sence every week he marks out more on air than a 5 year old does at home watching his John Cena . They could of had anyone call the action, Foley woulda been nice, but no, we get Mark Tenay and a Taz who admits on an ECW PPV that he has "gone soft". I truely was excited for this one to be honest, I made sure i was home to watch the whole thing, I was supportive of the idea andactually had hope that it would succeed and that I could tell everyone how wrong they were aout it being a bad idea but instead im here talking about how dissapointed I am...typical.

ECW undercards did have dance-offs, usually between Nashville, Italy's Tracy Smothers & Da Blue Guy. The powerbomb through the table was weak compared to the ones ECW had during 1999. ONS2005 powerbomb through on fire table was shit in comparison to the original ones in ECW. The Dudleys were at their sickest during 1998 & 1999 & their flaming tables normally had thumbtacks &/or barbed wire on the tables, they also were nearly starting riots at most shows ECW held during that period. Copyright laws didn't prevent TNA from doing a damn thing, Vince doesn't own individual spots, he owns the character names & footage. The fact is that this PPV would've been great in the 90's, but age of wrestlers & the fact that there wasn't a strong booker showed how weak the show was. The Dudleys should not have had to wrestle Balls & Axl, they have been washed up for years. A more interesting matchup would've just been The Gangstas vs the Dudleys in a weapons filled cage, which would've actually been a true ECW throwback since the Gangstas did that match type a few times vs Dudleys & Eliminators. The undercard was shit & they should've had it planned out. Paul E's non-advertised cards don't work well during a recession. The crowd was as authentic as the ECW crowds were during the year 2000, when every trendfag started watching & pretending they were tapetrading in 96. One of the MCMGs ( I don't remember which, wasn't watching the screen at the time) completely lied during their ECW memory. He claimed to have watched the Terry Funk vs Sabu barbed wire match on tv in the 90s, as his first dose of weekly ECW. Its a nice tale, but complete fiction. That match only aired on Hardcore tv in small heavily edited segments where the blood & all contact with barbed wire were kept out so it would hype you to buy the "Born To Be Wired" tape. It was hyped as "too extreme for television" & "you have to buy it to see it".

Airfixx

Reaction score
Mister J: If that's those guys "busting their ass off", it seriously ain't worth their sweat, blood nor (back-stage) tears (of elation).

ONS2005 >>>> Hardcore Justice in EVERY way.

Hell, even though ONS2006 ruined the concept, at least they gave the impression that ECW actually had good wrestling... Without Heyman to, as per the textbook quote, "hide the negatives" a bunch of poor/mediocre 'talent' just got shown up for what they are/were.

Was kinda cool seeing Scorp still had it going on considering his age, but that's about it.

Mister J

Reaction score
Vince McMahon doesn't know how to put on a proper ECW PPV. Tommy Dreamer did a very good job with Hardcore Justice. Hardcore Justice had the ECW atmosphere. I hope Dreamer does the booking for more shows. He should be on the TNA booking team.

Reaction score
Vince didn't put together ONS, he promoted it. Paul Heyman booked both One Night Stands and they were masterpieces that screamed of ECW. TNA's version was booked by Tommy Dreamer and he showed everyone it was a bad decision to let him have the book because everyone believed him to be the best of Paul's disciples.

Reaction score
I just don't see how a tribute ECW show had the right "atmosphere" when it was held inside Universal Studios and was called by Mike Tenay.

Mister J

Reaction score
WWE fans are the worst wrestling fans of all time.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Vince didn't put together ONS, he promoted it. Paul Heyman booked both One Night Stands and they were masterpieces that screamed of ECW. TNA's version was booked by Tommy Dreamer and he showed everyone it was a bad decision to let him have the book because everyone believed him to be the best of Paul's disciples.

I am guilty of this. Being how close Dreamer and Paul were I really was expecting him to do a really good job, or atleast a decent job of booking HardCORE Justice, my god was I wrong. I just watched it a little earlier, what a damn train wreck.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought Dreamer had it in him to book a good show...but it looks like the OVW stories were true. Don't ever let that man book again! Him, Russo, Konnan and whoever the fuck books NOAH these days need to get together and book an international show.

Scorpio is still cool. He was the LONE bright spot on that load of crap, well, besides Taz's opening promo, which set a nice tone to offset the awful bluelight effect.

Seriously, this show made ONS06 look amazing, and that show sucked. I can't stand WWE most of the time, but this was easily the worst show of the year. The spot with Dreamer's kids was ridiculous and absolutely unnecessary. That was one of the lowest points as a wrestling fan for me. Anyone involved should be ashamed. I hate hate HATE hardcore wrestling. I hated it then as a kid, and it's bullshit now.

And the perhaps even more pathetic moment was the end of the show, like most TNA shows, ended with a phony speech thanking Dixie and talking about how great she is. :smh

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Honestly, Just say TNA is a damn tribute to Dixie and get it over with. This was a disgrace to professional wrestling, plain and simple. I feel awful for some of the wrestlers in TNA because they deserve better than to be made to look like clowns by TNA's moronic staff. They don't get wrestling, they never got it, and they never will get it! If TNA ever comes back to Nashville, i'll do everything I can to find Dixie Carter just to tell her she can kiss my ass to her face, and that's a shoot, by God.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought Dreamer had it in him to book a good show...but it looks like the OVW stories were true. Don't ever let that man book again! Him, Russo, Konnan and whoever the fuck books NOAH these days need to get together and book an international show.

Scorpio is still cool. He was the LONE bright spot on that load of crap, well, besides Taz's opening promo, which set a nice tone to offset the awful bluelight effect.

Seriously, this show made ONS06 look amazing, and that show sucked. I can't stand WWE most of the time, but this was easily the worst show of the year. The spot with Dreamer's kids was ridiculous and absolutely unnecessary. That was one of the lowest points as a wrestling fan for me. Anyone involved should be ashamed. I hate hate HATE hardcore wrestling. I hated it then as a kid, and it's bullshit now.

And the perhaps even more pathetic moment was the end of the show, like most TNA shows, ended with a phony speech thanking Dixie and talking about how great she is. :smh

I agree with many of your points, Scorpio was the high point of the night, and not because he was so jaw droppingly impressive with what he was doing, but more so that he was still able to put on a great performance at his age. I think he is one of the more underappreciated workers of the last 25 years. I also agree on ONS2006, that show wasn't that good, but I felt that show was aimed more at getting WWECW started than showcasing ECW, but that's just me. HardCORE Justice made that show look like fucking Wrestlemania XIX (imo one of, if not the best Mania's)

I honestly don't care for hardcore wrestling anymore. As a kid I really liked it, but it got to a point where it got whored out to the point where "hardcore" doesn't even get a pop from a semi-intelligent fan. From all the hardcore matches to the street fights, no DQ matches and 'Extreme Rules' matches (is there a difference between any of them btw?) I just don't care anymore, the hardcore fad died out when ECW was bought out imo.

Mister J

Reaction score
You should stick with WWE and shut the hell up then.