TNA HardCORE Justice

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Bonez sticky this when you get the chance.

TNA is promoting an all ECW payperview. It's about three weeks away from the show and nobody outside of those already in TNA are confirmed. If they were planning on doing this reunion show bullshit for Hard Justice shouldn't they have been calling people like a month or two ago to get them lined up because I'm sure alot of the people they want to use are already booked on shows that weekend. Otherwise this could end up being a major disaster of a show.

Discuss.

Reaction score
Re: TNA Hard Justice One Last Stand

^^^You don't think guys like Sabu, Balls Mahoney, Shane Douglas, Sandman and New Jack wouldn't drop whatever small indy bookings they committed to for a chance to be in the limelight once again? They can't be sued, no one in the indies signs contracts and wash ups no showing shows is the most common occurrence on the indy scene.

That being said, this is a really, really poor idea. It's bad in the sense that no one really watches TNA to begin with, so not too many of the original ECW fans are going to be aware. Paul Heyman isn't going to be booking this, which means it will be the poorest of poor ECW rip offs ever, especially if Russo and Co. have the book, not to mention these guys are even more past their primes then they were when this was done five years ago. Let alone the guys who put on the best matches on those shows; Jericho, Benoit, Rey, Masato Tanaka and Mike Awesome won't be there since they are either dead, under WWE contract or obscurely over seas so basically it's going to be a bunch of old ECW alumni trying to recapture something that isn't there in a bunch of ugly hardcore matches. Yuck.

And the biggest reason this is a very bad idea; what the fuck does TNA have to do with ECW? It's already bad that they've tried for the past 5 years to do their poorest WCW and WWE imitations and rehashes, but now they are rehashing an idea that was rehashed from WWE? This is everything wrong with TNA, they are too concerned with trying to make their bones off of wrestling's past ideas and successes. It's never , ever worked for them and with the people booking the company, it's almost so painfully obvious that it never will. The entire company is being put on the back burner, talent and all, to try and recapture the glory of a company that died ten years ago and the talent is so far past their primes that this could be the year's worst ppv offering. Why? Because the E did well off of it 5 years ago? There's a big difference here, the WWE is the biggest company ever and the phenomenal angles leading into the PPVs were booked by the guy who booked ECW in all it's greatness. TNA doesn't have the marketing, the best heel establishment that the E set forth with it's world known superstars to counter the ECW "bingo room brawlers" and they don't have Paul Heyman.

I don't know if they are doing this in hopes of trying to make a little bank the way the WWE did since it's completely plausible that an ECW themed PPV might get enough people to buy the show, making it TNA's highest grossing PPV, which isn't saying much. Or if they are doing this to entice Paul Heyman into the company. Whatever it is, it's a terrible quick fix, if it's that and it hurts the current product more than anything they've done in the past 5 years. You can't match the young talent with these guys except Richards, who is the only one who has great ringwork, because these old guys suck. Dreamer sucks. Raven sucks. The Duddleys suck. Rhino sucks. The only time they are entertaining is swinging weapons, and really the hardcore fad passed by long ago. It's nice in gimmick matches with build, but a nostalgia driven PPV built around rehashing a company that was rehashed by a company that had some history with it is just awful. The only good that could come of this is IF Heyman does come in and do this, but as reported, I don't think we will see that until Hogan, Bisch and Russo are taken out of power.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score

I'm actually fairly excited about the buildup to the show, since i've heard that Dixie's personally given all control of the booking to Dreamer. (It's no Heyman or Raven, but he's got a solid wrestling mind.) And there's a chance that there could be better TV in the coming weeks. It all goes out the window once HJ rolls around though, since the wrestling will be bad. Real bad. And they should be putting this effort into making a good show with THEIR guys, not has beens who aren't even worth signing as jobbers besides the 4 that are already there.

Unless they decide to do an angle where New Jack and Shark Boy play Candy Land. Then this will immediately become one of the best ideas in the last 5 years.

Reaction score

They gave Dreamer the book for this? Why not just fire Hogan, Bisch and Russo and run a committee of Dreamer, Foley and Tenay? Maybe bring in JR once he's freed up.

Reaction score

I've stated all of this elsewhere, but I can imagine TNA okayed this show only to watch it fail. Seriously, regardless of who's booking it, an all ECW ppv is a lesson in what not to do. You're keeping 95% of your worthwhile roster off the card by bringing in wrestlers most of whom are past their prime.

Speaking as a long time ECW original fan - ECW IS DEAD!!! Get over it and give me something new.

TheAnswer

Reaction score

One Night Stand in 2005 was awesome....One Last Stand in 2010 is not so good. Personally I would rather it be an X Division Originals invasion compared to ECW.

Imagine Christopher Daniels, Jerry Lynn, Petey Williams, Elix Skipper, and Amazing Red feuding with the current X Division of Kendrick, Douglas Williams, Shannon Moore, and Generation Me. Sure it wouldn't make as much money as the ECW Invasion, but it would help put over alot of young talent, have impressive matches, and revive the X Division.

I do like Hardcore matches once in awhile so Hard Justice will be an entertaining PPV, and I think there will be good spots, but its going to be hard to get past seeing a fat Raven, an irrelevant Dreamer, and a boring Rhino, oh yeah.....and Al Snow.

Reaction score

That being said, this is a really, really poor idea. It's bad in the sense that no one really watches TNA to begin with, so not too many of the original ECW fans are going to be aware.

Its nearly impossible to prove but I'm willing to bet 95% of true ECW fans don't even watch wrestling anymore and if they do, ECW fans of all fans, wouldn't bother with a company like TNA, a company that has so many WCW parallels, a company ECW fans hated way back when. <------That was a run on sentence.

Does Abyss vs. RVD really excite anybody? ECW themed PPV or not Abyss matches are always gimmick heavy with tons of crap spots and bloods so how would this make it a special main event? RVD jumping into the 8th row?

I guess they still have some time to build it but I just don't see this ending well.

Reaction score

There is talk that TNA will only announce three matches on the card before hand and surprise people with the rest. One of the matches being talked about is RVD vs. Lynn. Unless the other two matches are Sabu and Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack and Sandman and Masato Tanaka vs. the reanimated corpse of Mike Awesome this show is gonna be an epic fail.

Also another fail associated with this show is the fact that TNA is doing storylines and feuds on Impact that have nothing to do with the show and building towards it. So basically all storylines outside of the ECW reunion payperview are just being put on simmer for the time being. then what? are they gonna go back to normal for the next payperview?

Reaction score

I don't see how RVD vs. Lynn is happening since they've built Abyss as the #1 contender and the guy is running around with a board, that is apparently a female with nails sticking out of it (its like a stupid cross between Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Perry Saturn with Moppy). This guy is gonna wait for his title match?

Pat Patterson

Banned
Reaction score

Dixie even gives me an erection. And women repulse me.

rwest35

Reaction score

I think a lot of u haters are really off base with this. U aren't seeing the big pic. If Tna were to bring a non pg rated version of their craft, it would make for compelling tv each week. Tna extreme vs impact is going to be their version of raw vs smackdown. U have ur elite show with impact, where the world title is held along with the x division title and the coveted knockout championship. Then, either u once again rename the global title or being in a new hardcore belt. Tna extreme will be where all the ecw originals go, along with some of the up n commers like rob terry, the pope. Abyss, whoever they want, can go and slap together an alternative, possibly more interesting show that will certainly rival smackdown. This love is just 5he beginning of new things. I hope it will be like one night stand, where ecw ogs like tbd. Can take on tnas elite , jarrett, beer money, kinda like how cena walked into philly n got booed out of pa. I don't wanna watch ecw guys fight eachother. Raven vs Kaz would be better than raven vs Richards. And I don't think these performers are past their prime. The dudleys are still great, rhino can still go. Let's not assume these guys won't be int3resting to watch. With wwe trying new ppvs like fatal 4way n mitb,.this is a great way for Tna to get buyrate while giving loyal ecw fans who dominated the 90s and have tremendous purchasing power a chance. To get tjeir brand back.

Reaction score

Dude TNA can't even get it right with the talent they have now and the one tv show they have now. With two brands and shows it's gonna be double the epic fail.

rwest35

Reaction score

I think Tna knows they have made mistakes n they know they need help. This is y they are. Hard on for heymen. Plus if they seperate the shows, they can give heyman creative control of the ecw show. T
hat's what he wants right?

rwest35

Reaction score

I think Tna knows they have made mistakes n they know they need help. This is y they are. Hard on for heymen. Plus if they seperate the shows, they can give heyman creative control of the ecw show. T
hat's what he wants right?