TNA HardCORE Justice

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Re: TNA Hard Justice One Last Stand

This is the exact same thing that fucked WCW in the ass. They kept seeing their ratings declining and weren't going up as quickly as they liked so they kept rebooting shit and changing everything. You can't expect overnight results with wrestling. Constantly rebooting and blowing away your storylines just makes your product hard to follow and turns fans away. You have to give things time and let your audience build gradually with good storylines and matches. Plus you also have to have a top draw that the company is built around. John Cena is that guy for WWE. AJ Styles should be that guy for TNA. Also, when people get over and popular within the company, even if it's not within the confines of the planned storylines, you have to reward and push them (see Daffney, Desmond Wolfe, Motor City Machine Guns as examples).

Slipknoted

Reaction score

i don't know if this is relevant but i would like to see Daniels and Styles Vs Raven and Richards at One Last Stand

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

This is the exact same thing that fucked WCW in the ass. They kept seeing their ratings declining and weren't going up as quickly as they liked so they kept rebooting shit and changing everything. You can't expect overnight results with wrestling. Constantly rebooting and blowing away your storylines just makes your product hard to follow and turns fans away. You have to give things time and let your audience build gradually with good storylines and matches. Plus you also have to have a top draw that the company is built around. John Cena is that guy for WWE. AJ Styles should be that guy for TNA. Also, when people get over and popular within the company, even if it's not within the confines of the planned storylines, you have to reward and push them (see Daffney, Desmond Wolfe, Motor City Machine Guns as examples).

Well they did that with Anderson, Matt Morgan, Dinero and Hernandez. The way they are treating Wolfe is a fucking crime. Matt Morgan is slowly falling into that catergorey with him jobbing all the time. Losing a match, no selling the finisher and attacking the guy at the end still doesn't erase the fact that he's been losing for a while now. That's killing 3 birds all at one time. Jobbing him out, making his opponents finishers look weak, and then beating the shit out of them after they just did the same to him, :smh

Reaction score

Matt Morgan was getting a real solid singles push last year thanks to Jim Cornette but a year later he is so far off course. Its terrible.

And it really sucks that Tajiri and Super Crazy are booked in Japan on August 8th. To me those guys are two must have guys.

The RKO Disciple

Reaction score

i am no doubt excited about this and i hope it turns out well, i hope they 'bring down the house' not literally but figuratively and i hope they do everything they can to get them where they want but i realize were different times may not be the best

Reaction score

The whole thing seems to be very on the fly. And only promoting 3 matches to sell a PPV is a big gamble.

Reaction score

You know who else isn't gonna be at Hardcore Justice? Joey Styles. The voice of ECW. Which means we'll have to listen to Mike Tenay's Godawful commentary.

Reaction score

I wonder if they would dig up Joel Gertner and give him a chance. Just an idea really.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

The whole thing seems to be very on the fly. And only promoting 3 matches to sell a PPV is a big gamble.

I read they maybe going to route in having in not advertising much and just go with the flow. Something similar to what ECW did. I didn't watch ECW and had no idea what it was til the Invasion angle, but I don't see how that sells ppvs.

Reaction score

ECW filled its show well with spontaneous but I don't see how this is gonna work for a 1 and done PPV. If it doesn't do well do TNA kool aid drinkers just blame poor promotion of the card? I don't see how TNA doing a ECW reunion type show will work much less only promoting three matches.

Reaction score

If you only announce three matches beforehand those matches had better be really good or something people have been waiting a long time to see (Taz vs. Sabu at Barely Legal 97 for example) or you need a very very very dedicated fanbase that will buy anything you put out.

Reaction score

Taz and Sabu did have matches following the Barely Legal match. I just can't see TNA even promoting a full card and having this be a success.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score

RVD vs Jerry Lynn and ***** vs ************ are two pretty intruegiung matches for any old school ECW fan. Classic feuds from back in the day. Itll be pretty awesome to see these guys tear eachother apart one last time. Theyre all getting too old to be performing and I do believe that this show will be the end for them. Id like to see a Sandman vs Sabu or Cactus Jack match added. As well as maybe a few dream matches involving some guys like Sting Styles and Angle taking on some of the Origninals in a hardcore bout. All in all, this is only a one month thing, and as a big ECW fan I really dont mind getting one last chance at seeing these guys go at it again. Within a month all your bitching about "re doing something that has been dead for years" will be over and you guys can all go back to your normal bitching about regular TNA TV.

Reaction score

Taz and Sabu did have matches following the Barely Legal match. I just can't see TNA even promoting a full card and having this be a success.

Yeah but they never touched each other prior to that which built the anticipation.

Reaction score

Yeah but they never touched each other prior to that which built the anticipation.

Yes they did. Plenty of times. It was maybe a year and a half and Tazz had received his gold almighty push before they touched each other again. They wrestled as a tag team and against each other when Tazz was the Tazmaniac, but Heyman's excellent booking hid that and built the anticipation around Tazz's new stature as the franchise of ECW and Sabu as the old guard. But even leading into the show, Joey Styles played up their history but called Tazz "a different warrior" or something like that.