The WS Mental Health and Empathy Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I think there is something wrong with me as many of you know some of your from WC may know even more I um I been through a lot in my life last post you know about and all that but, I am always anxious I am a paranoid I go from being happy for awhile to then going into this manic depression and then later I am ok. I feel like I never am respected in any part of my life I feel like people look at me and they don't take me seriously or they just write off what I say what I do to the point where I feel worse then an animal. I am very easily triggered and I wanna cry a lot but, I just cant and I feel like I feel nothing I don't give a damn about anything and whether or not people admit it I know it happens with almost everything. When your constantly being told something after awhile you start to think it. I know people got it worse to me and that I maybe bringing shit on myself IDK I just don't know what is wrong.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Love you bro. Stay strong and keep your head up. Always here for ya man.

Reactions: King Kota

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
thanks IDK if I need medication if I am bi polar or manic depressive .

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well you should probably go see a doctor to get a diagnosis if you really think there’s a problem. Medicine can help if you have a disorder. Otherwise you might just get advice on how to feel better. Regardless it’s better than doing nothing and feeling like shit. I hope everything works out.

Reactions: Doom and King Kota

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Sabs is very blunt :lol but that's really good advice honestly. Keep your head up OMB, you can get through this.

Reactions: Doom and King Kota

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
It’s been almost 8 years since I went to a doctor for my depression after much urgency from family and friends, and the doctor could tell something was off about me right away and prescribed me some anti depressants.

My next visit about a month or two later the same doctor said there was a big difference from my last visit and everything seemed fine.

It’s really up to you but if you keep feeling that way it’s best to go see a doctor, hope you feel better OMB.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I think there is something wrong with me as many of you know some of your from WC may know even more I um I been through a lot in my life last post you know about and all that but, I am always anxious I am a paranoid I go from being happy for awhile to then going into this manic depression and then later I am ok. I feel like I never am respected in any part of my life I feel like people look at me and they don't take me seriously or they just write off what I say what I do to the point where I feel worse then an animal. I am very easily triggered and I wanna cry a lot but, I just cant and I feel like I feel nothing I don't give a damn about anything and whether or not people admit it I know it happens with almost everything. When your constantly being told something after awhile you start to think it. I know people got it worse to me and that I maybe bringing shit on myself IDK I just don't know what is wrong.

I’ve shared me previous relationship experience here, and, man, people just don’t get it, I was told certain things regularly and you DO start to believe it and it’s a downward spiral. I hate the things some people say while judging from the outside, no one wants to be told shit every day, it just becomes a part of you when it’s been done so much, it gets wired in to your brain.

I always try to give advice based on my own situation because I came out on the opposite end. It’s obviously easier said than done, but, you gotta “train” yourself to not give a shit what other people think or say about you. It’s hard as hell and took me some years to do, but, only caring about the things that matter in life is so much better and fulfilling. I don’t give a damn what negative things people have to say about me, I wake up each day and be the best person I can be, and, if they have something negative to say, they either hate themselves, or, they made me say or do something they didn’t like out of their own provoking. Otherwise, I’m blunt, yes, but, I don’t do things to intentionally hurt anyone’s feelings or start a fight. Everyone who knows me personally is fully aware of this.

it’s absolutely refreshing to not have my mind weighed down on being bothered by other people’s opinions.

I never went to any doctors or anything for it, I would just share my thoughts with friends and family and then took it upon myself to just say fuck this life, I’m not going to best myself up day in and day out, fuck people.

I hope you can find whatever way you can to help distance yourself from worrying about other people who impact you negatively. Always helps to talk, we are all here to listen and try to help. When you finally get to that day when you can wake up and be care free when it comes to people’s bullshit, oh man, it’s absolute bliss. Just don’t get frustrated if it takes some time. It will pay off once you’re there.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Really good to be back on here. I want to firstly thank @Demo God and the rest of you guys for understanding back in February. I was in a pretty bad place, and I just needed to disconnect from the internet and find myself. I didn't really get time to enjoy the forum, but I know it was the right thing to do back then.

I'm still not perfect but 5-6 months later and I genuinely feel like a different person. I for sure don't rely on the internet as an escape as much anymore, I feel like I'm more happier with my outlook on life and not finding the absolute worst in everything. Haven't watched Wrestling in a solid 4-5 months which has improved my mental health dramatically. Just little baby steps this year, and I'm proud of myself for making progress even with a global pandemic going on.

I like to take frequent breaks from the internet now, so will post in the off-topic sections sporadically throughout the week or whenever and enjoy the forum. No pressure, and just a place to shoot the shit.

Plenty of Anna joy to come.

AngelicSpottedAegeancat-max-1mb.gif

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Really good to be back on here. I want to firstly thank @Demo God and the rest of you guys for understanding back in February. I was in a pretty bad place, and I just needed to disconnect from the internet and find myself. I didn't really get time to enjoy the forum, but I know it was the right thing to do back then.

I'm still not perfect but 5-6 months later and I genuinely feel like a different person. I for sure don't rely on the internet as an escape as much anymore, I feel like I'm more happier with my outlook on life and not finding the absolute worst in everything. Haven't watched Wrestling in a solid 4-5 months which has improved my mental health dramatically. Just little baby steps this year, and I'm proud of myself for making progress even with a global pandemic going on.

I like to take frequent breaks from the internet now, so will post in the off-topic sections sporadically throughout the week or whenever and enjoy the forum. No pressure, and just a place to shoot the shit.

Plenty of Anna joy to come.

AngelicSpottedAegeancat-max-1mb.gif

Good to have you back around. Happy to hear things are getting better for you.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You can just drop in, say hi and post some Anna Kendrick gifs every few days and you'd probably win member of the year tbh

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Some more ramblings:

You know today I was thinking of all the times I think anxious and intrusive thoughts and whilst it's definitely still there, I've almost become a pro at sort of brushing it to one side and keeping busy. In 2019 and earlier years, and hell, even at the beginning of the year I let those thoughts consume me. I let those thoughts dictate my personality and who I was, my productivity, and my hygiene and I let them swirl around in my head and I just sat in my room. That's who I assumed I was supposed to be.

Now I actually feel more in control. If something is bothering me I write it down or I speak out loud to myself and almost self-therapy myself in a way. I thought this wouldn't work but actually pacing around and speaking out loud to myself gives me relief at times. When I have irrational thoughts, I try to actually explain to myself why it's so irrational and why I'm getting worked up over nothing. A lot of the times when I do that I realise how dumb those thoughts actually are and how they make no sense, and the chances of that worst scenario happening are likely really slim. I like to think back to all the times that the thing I'm worried about never happened the 20 or so times I worried about it before, and it feels dumber and dumber and I calm down.

Taking frequent breaks from the internet for however long I need has also been really beneficial. Some days I'll go 2-3 days without even being 'on' and I started to realise that the world moves without me and all these things you see everyday are just fads and things really aren't that worth getting worked up over. Especially on Social Media, people are always 'cancelling' stuff and getting angry, it's pointless. My main priority now is myself and not in a selfish way. Everything else is fluff. I used to always put other people first, I thought my health didn't matter because it was all in my head. Now I realise how damaging it can be.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm in a control now and I won't let anxiety and depression beat me. It can come back, and hell, it will never leave and it will shadow me, but I will try to not let it consume me ever again.
Get fucked depression & anxiety. Bitch.
b2c41d26c2850f7272c2a97fd43adf5d9b98b18c_128.gif

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Some more ramblings:

You know today I was thinking of all the times I think anxious and intrusive thoughts and whilst it's definitely still there, I've almost become a pro at sort of brushing it to one side and keeping busy. In 2019 and earlier years, and hell, even at the beginning of the year I let those thoughts consume me. I let those thoughts dictate my personality and who I was, my productivity, and my hygiene and I let them swirl around in my head and I just sat in my room. That's who I assumed I was supposed to be.

Now I actually feel more in control. If something is bothering me I write it down or I speak out loud to myself and almost self-therapy myself in a way. I thought this wouldn't work but actually pacing around and speaking out loud to myself gives me relief at times. When I have irrational thoughts, I try to actually explain to myself why it's so irrational and why I'm getting worked up over nothing. A lot of the times when I do that I realise how dumb those thoughts actually are and how they make no sense, and the chances of that worst scenario happening are likely really slim. I like to think back to all the times that the thing I'm worried about never happened the 20 or so times I worried about it before, and it feels dumber and dumber and I calm down.

Taking frequent breaks from the internet for however long I need has also been really beneficial. Some days I'll go 2-3 days without even being 'on' and I started to realise that the world moves without me and all these things you see everyday are just fads and things really aren't that worth getting worked up over. Especially on Social Media, people are always 'cancelling' stuff and getting angry, it's pointless. My main priority now is myself and not in a selfish way. Everything else is fluff. I used to always put other people first, I thought my health didn't matter because it was all in my head. Now I realise how damaging it can be.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm in a control now and I won't let anxiety and depression beat me. It can come back, and hell, it will never leave and it will shadow me, but I will try to not let it consume me ever again.
Get fucked depression & anxiety. Bitch.
b2c41d26c2850f7272c2a97fd43adf5d9b98b18c_128.gif

:proud

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit weird right now. For some reason I always feel 'guilty' when I come on here, like I should be doing something else with my time. Whilst I enjoy posting, I always feel bad when I log out. I beat myself up and repeat in my head what a waste of time it was. It's hard to explain. I think lately I've been starting to realise I may have an obsessive personality of sorts. I'm always 'on' and 'alert'. I think it's why I get burnt out so easily with forums and everything, when something catches my mind, it's like I obsess over it. I have in the past obsessed over forums to the point of continuous checking and posting all day but I'm not like that anymore, so I know I can rewire my brain somehow.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm feeling a bit weird right now. For some reason I always feel 'guilty' when I come on here, like I should be doing something else with my time. Whilst I enjoy posting, I always feel bad when I log out. I beat myself up and repeat in my head what a waste of time it was. It's hard to explain. I think lately I've been starting to realise I may have an obsessive personality of sorts. I'm always 'on' and 'alert'. I think it's why I get burnt out so easily with forums and everything, when something catches my mind, it's like I obsess over it. I have in the past obsessed over forums to the point of continuous checking and posting all day but I'm not like that anymore, so I know I can rewire my brain somehow.

I feel similar with some things especially getting "burnt out' with stuff I enjoy. I'm a completionist so with wrestling for example it was always all or nothing with me, I'd have to watch every bit of WWE programming no matter how irrelevant or I wouldn't watch any. Once COVID happened I pretty much had my usual burnout where I got behind and didn't watch weekly shows for a couple weeks until I just said fuck it and now I just watch what's on TV when I can and if I miss it I miss it :lol

Was like that with the forum too for awhile, thought I had to participate and post in everything, can't really say what changed but I kinda just said "FUCK IT I don't NEED to do this" one day and remembered that this is leisure shit and not to treat forums/entertainment/etc. like a job :lol

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I feel similar with some things especially getting "burnt out' with stuff I enjoy. I'm a completionist so with wrestling for example it was always all or nothing with me, I'd have to watch every bit of WWE programming no matter how irrelevant or I wouldn't watch any. Once COVID happened I pretty much had my usual burnout where I got behind and didn't watch weekly shows for a couple weeks until I just said fuck it and now I just watch what's on TV when I can and if I miss it I miss it :lol

Was like that with the forum too for awhile, thought I had to participate and post in everything, can't really say what changed but I kinda just said "FUCK IT I don't NEED to do this" one day and remembered that this is leisure shit and not to treat forums/entertainment/etc. like a job :lol

A part of me feels like I'd be happier if I just dropped forums altogether. Although, it's really hard. I just wonder if I'm going to be stuck in the same mental state for years if not. I'm just seemingly incapable of enjoying them anymore, it's like my whole attitude towards them has just changed as I got older. It sucks. I'm unable to separate leisure with them, it's like I don't perceive them as leisure, it can feel like a chore to post, and I'll be honest, I don't get it. I don't feel this way with Netflix or Video Games.

When I'm not on here I get this nagging feeling like I'm missing something and 'I need' to post, instead of wanting to post. I remember when I left for a few months before, I felt 'guilty' everyday for not being here, like it was a moral obligation to post. My brain is actually dumb. :anna

Reactions: Chris