The WS Mental Health and Empathy Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A part of me feels like I'd be happier if I just dropped forums altogether. Although, it's really hard. I just wonder if I'm going to be stuck in the same mental state for years if not. I'm just seemingly incapable of enjoying them anymore, it's like my whole attitude towards them has just changed as I got older. It sucks. I'm unable to separate leisure with them, it's like I don't perceive them as leisure, it can feel like a chore to post, and I'll be honest, I don't get it. I don't feel this way with Netflix or Video Games.

When I'm not on here I get this nagging feeling like I'm missing something and 'I need' to post, instead of wanting to post. I remember when I left for a few months before, I felt 'guilty' everyday for not being here, like it was a moral obligation to post. My brain is actually dumb. :anna

I feel that, and I can't really offer any advice either :lol I think I have to thank my brain for that bc when I do get into weird things I can pretty much force it to see how illogical I'm being and that does tend to work 9 times out of 10 without too much work. Obviously I know everyone can't do that or I'd just be screaming "JUST DO IT" to anyone that's in a rut like you which obviously doesn't work :lol

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Tonight is just one of them sleepless nights for me, where I got so much on my mind. I can’t sleep, I’m not feeling happy. Really really don’t know what to do.

• Sad
Reactions: Doom

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Where I’m at right now in my head is literally only because of something else. I’m just kind of moody all the time because of job dissatisfaction which really sucks. Basically I work 20 hours a week as an assistant to my boss at a financial company. This may sound like it’s a good job but it isn’t. I basically just do busy work. Add that to the fact that it’s only part time and I’m hardly making any money. I just graduated college so of course I was hoping that I’d already have a good job with a good salary. COVID obviously didn’t help. I’ve been applying to other jobs but I’m just not hearing back and it’s pissing me the fuck off. It just feels like every day I spend at this job is just another day wasted. Some of my peers from college already have these plush jobs and it just makes me feel inferior. One of my friends got a job with EY and another is working for Morgan Stanley. When you see your peers succeeding so much and you’re just stuck, you feel like shit. I just feel like why can’t that be me. It’s no secret that one of the keys to being happy in life is to have job satisfaction and I certainly don’t have that right now. It’s just really been getting me down. Obviously the silver lining is that I’m only 22 so I have plenty of time. It just scares the shit out of me that I may never get the job I truly want and be stuck doing crap. I really hope that’s not the case.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I unironically wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors Sabs, it took me forever after graduation to find a decent job (not completely happy here either but it's counting as that all important "experience" everyone wants so it's whatever) and man it fucking sucked, like I was unemployed for a good few months and I just kept lowering my standards until I ended up working a retail job selling shoes....with a graduate degree in accounting :tom:

But keep sending out applications no matter how disheartening it gets bc you just never know, really does feel like a waste of time when you either aren't hearing back or are getting rejected though. I wanted to fight the next person that told me I was either overqualified...or needed more experience for a job bc apparently I was exactly in the middle of what most were looking for at the time.

And @Hollywood stay strong brother, we'll be here with you through your ups and downs and and support you the whole way

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Tonight is just one of them sleepless nights for me, where I got so much on my mind. I can’t sleep, I’m not feeling happy. Really really don’t know what to do.

Just stay strong. That’s all you can do sometimes. The mind can be a weird thing. I’m sure it’ll pass.

Reactions: Vegeta

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Update: well I just had a phone interview with a recruiter from a new company and she said i did well and advanced to the interview with the upper manager so I hope that this works out. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Update: well I just had a phone interview with a recruiter from a new company and she said i did well and advanced to the interview with the upper manager so I hope that this works out. Fingers crossed.

See if they have any accounting openings, I'm willing to relocate

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm willing to relocate to New York, I got enough saved up to up and leave but not enough to do that without another job lined up fairly quick

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm willing to relocate to New York, I got enough saved up to up and leave but not enough to do that without another job lined up fairly quick

I’m pretty sure they don’t do accounting specifically but I don’t know how expanded your knowledge is lol. My job description Said bachelors in finance or accounting required so

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I’m pretty sure they don’t do accounting specifically but I don’t know how expanded your knowledge is lol. My job description Said bachelors in finance or accounting required so

I'm currently the office manager for a car dealership handling their accounting and other various things like HR and I could be biased but I think having the learn the car business's wack accounting without any training is a good sign that I could work in any industry. They got other offices anywhere? Doesn't gotta be New York either, I'll go anywhere.

Can't really do online interviews on my shitty internet though is the only problem :francis

Reactions: Vegeta

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm currently the office manager for a car dealership handling their accounting and other various things like HR and I could be biased but I think having the learn the car business's wack accounting without any training is a good sign that I could work in any industry. They got other offices anywhere? Doesn't gotta be New York either, I'll go anywhere.

Can't really do online interviews on my shitty internet though is the only problem :francis

well unfortunately the only office in the United States is in New York so you’d have to interview there lol. But your job doesn’t sound so bad.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
well unfortunately the only office in the United States is in New York so you’d have to interview there lol. But your job doesn’t sound so bad.

It definitely looks good on paper....trust me I got some horror stories though lmao