Star Wars New Trilogy Official Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Re: Han Solo: Solo

Not intentionally but did Lucas intentionally fuck up the prequels?

Ozymandias

Reaction score

I don't think they'd fuck with a fan favourite. You'd have a lot of pissed off Star Wars nerds on your doorstep fast if you fucked with Solo.

I'm actually kind of excited for both films. I like knowing the backstory of characters. Especially Han, how did he get in the mess he was in with Jabba? I love that stuff.

Han's a shit drug dealer who's scared to pay his debts! That's how he got into that situation. We get all that from the original trilogy. He had PLENTY of opportunities to put things right, but he didn't, Chewie obviously pulling his hair out.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Not intentionally but did Lucas intentionally fuck up the prequels?
How did he fuck up the prequels?

Han's a shit drug dealer who's scared to pay his debts! That's how he got into that situation. We get all that from the original trilogy. He had PLENTY of opportunities to put things right, but he didn't, Chewie obviously pulling his hair out.

And how did he meet Chewie?! I don't care how he said, I want to see this shit.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

He fucked up ep I and II.

III was almost perfect.

From a certain point of view....

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I don't hate the prequels near as much as most. Don't think they were fucked up, just that the first two were boring and had a lot of unneeded scene. The third one was fucking awesome.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Top 5 Reasons the Prequels Suck - People Vs George Lucas Documentary

In addition to that website in the originals the Clone Wars was described very differently. The Jedi were perceived much differently Han refers to they as mystic wizards indicating that they weren't a universely known entitity. And Darth Vader was at least 60 not closer to 40. And those are some broad issues.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

I'm with Chris.

I think ROTS is fantastic. Especially given how crappy the first two were. TPM is crap. I don't like it at all (apart from Maul). AOTC on the other hand is a massive missed opportunity, which makes is almost even more disappointing; it had potential. It has some really great bits and some dreadful bits.

The prequels in general are a mixed bag.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I really didn't have an issue with Episode II. I think that movie gets a lot of unwarranted hate. The whole tone of the movie is very unsettling with a very real sense of impending danger that you can't quite place your finger on, particularly the Kamino scenes. It's very unique from the other movies in that regard. And Yoda v. Dooku was high in the running for the most awesome fucking thing that ever happened in a Star Wars film.

I think we can all agree Episode 1 was a crock of shit though. I doubt anyone would challenge it being the weakest of all 6 movies. There was very little redeeming qualities of that movie.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I really didn't have an issue with Episode II. I think that movie gets a lot of unwarranted hate. The whole tone of the movie is very unsettling with a very real sense of impending danger that you can't quite place your finger on, particularly the Kamino scenes. It's very unique from the other movies in that regard. And Yoda v. Dooku was high in the running for the most awesome fucking thing that ever happened in a Star Wars film.

I think we can all agree Episode 1 was a crock of shit though. I doubt anyone would challenge it being the weakest of all 6 movies. There was very little redeeming qualities of that movie.

The only thing I really didn't care for in II was the Padme/Anakin scenes. They were fine, but there were too many of them and they got super boring halfway through the movie before all the shit started going down. Other than that, I enjoyed the second one a good bit, just got bored at times. I do fully agree with you on the tone of it, really unsettling and cool to watch.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

I watched AOTC recently and really enjoyed the last hour. From when Obi Wan arrives at the Clone factory and Anakin slaughters the Sand People it actually builds into a decent finale. I just hate all the stuff on Naboo with Anakin and Padme, it's cringe-worthy and wastes the first half of the film.

I'm sure I've said this before on here, but the first prequel should have been AOTC, with Anakin older and already a padawan, and Obi Wan should have gradually realised he was the chosen one. Have them together for the whole film to build their relationship as 'brothers'. The second one should have taken place between AOTC and ROTS and do, basically what the animated series is doing now. Build up the Clone Wars as an event, show Anakin building relationships with Padme and Palpatine and moving away from Obi Wan. Then start ROTS as it was.

The Jake Lloyd Anakin and Qui Gon bits were pretty pointless overall. You could have had Darth Maul as the main villain throughout the first two films, then had Palpatine take over in ROTS.

Nerotheory

Reaction score

Prequels served there point and told a story that led to why the last few. Was there unneeded scenes in them. bet your ass. Overall one of the best storytelling out there and long as Lucas is involved will stay that way.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I personally rank Revenge of the Sith up there with the original series. If I were to rank them it'd go V, IV, III, VI, II, I, with V & IV being super close, almost even.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score

I watched AOTC recently and really enjoyed the last hour. From when Obi Wan arrives at the Clone factory and Anakin slaughters the Sand People it actually builds into a decent finale. I just hate all the stuff on Naboo with Anakin and Padme, it's cringe-worthy and wastes the first half of the film.

I'm sure I've said this before on here, but the first prequel should have been AOTC, with Anakin older and already a padawan, and Obi Wan should have gradually realised he was the chosen one. Have them together for the whole film to build their relationship as 'brothers'. The second one should have taken place between AOTC and ROTS and do, basically what the animated series is doing now. Build up the Clone Wars as an event, show Anakin building relationships with Padme and Palpatine and moving away from Obi Wan. Then start ROTS as it was.

The Jake Lloyd Anakin and Qui Gon bits were pretty pointless overall. You could have had Darth Maul as the main villain throughout the first two films, then had Palpatine take over in ROTS.

Damn dude. I remember thinking this years ago. Good post. :) Darth Maul should have been the main villain throughout the 2 films, and Anakin could have killed him in ROTS to assume the Apprentice role. There was no real reason for Count Dooku if Darth Maul had been allowed to have a bigger role. Who gives a shit if actor Ray Parks (Darth Maul) has a strong Scottish accent? This is fantasy-space land and anybody can feasibly have any accent out there.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

There is alot about Han Solo I would enjoy hearing more about, and if they put scenes of Kashyyk and Chewie actually being bullied by the other Wookies(something they fucked right up in the prequels) then I am all for it.

Fett on the other hand, with what we have seen from Jango, what has been explained in The Clone Wars(which is using the resurrected Darth Maul, so not fan fic), we can pretty much assume Boba is not a "bad guy", Duty & Honour have to be very high on his social demeanor(or Jango wouldnt have been a good canidate for the clone troopers, and Plo Koon's troopers would have killed him when the order came in), but we also have to take into account that Boba was basically kidnapped by other bounty hunters, and forced into the life at a very early age. So, we get this very deep conflicting character, who really "is only as bad as his employer needs him to be", but who is also in his mind, cleaning the galaxy of the scum.