Star Wars New Trilogy Official Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Probably just an off the cuff remark, but it's worth noting that "the old folks home" is how Obi-Wan refers to the Jedi temple in Attack of the Clones... :DVader:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Probably just an off the cuff remark, but it's worth noting that "the old folks home" is how Obi-Wan refers to the Jedi temple in Attack of the Clones... :DVader:

Nice catch.

Lucas has confirmed Hamill, Fisher, and Ford.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

With that and Lucas announcing it I think it's safe to say that at least the initial 3 are coming back. Seeing as R2 and C3P0 were in the prequels they should be back so chebacca and billy dee are the only two left. Then the new cast. still not positive about 2015 though.

On my LA trip I did find out (we met Kathleen Kennedy's personal assistant) that people are pushing for Willow 2 but not sure how many he kind of chuckled at it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
People shit on Efron a lot but it's not warranted from the movies I've seen him in. Though I was smart enough to avoid High School Musical and that thing he did with Matthew Perry.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I liked 17 Again, totally dind't expect too, but found it charming. Only thing I know that Efron guy from, Goslin can fuck off imo, don't want to hear his bad, high pitched Noo Yoke accent he does in every movie in a galaxy far, far away.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
So, this thread had dropped of the first page so thought I'd bring it back with a few updates. Potential SPOILERS ahead, you have been warned...

So it looks like The Emperor is back...

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII - Palpatine Returns

'Star Wars' Rumors: Obi-Wan Kenobi & Emperor Palpatine as Ghosts? | FirstShowing.net

And possibly Obi Wan Kenobi. I'd be happy with that as Palpatine and Obi Wan were by far the best things about the prequels.

And it looks like the film has been pushed back to Christmas 2015 (as opposed to summer), perhaps because The Avengers 2 will be hitting theatres at that time and Disney is looking to corner the Christmas market. Still, it worries me slightly. Hopefully they're doing it for the right reasons.

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Production Start Date and Release Date Confirmed

What's your thoughts on these developments, and would you have liked there to be more information released by now?

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If any of these are true it's dead in the water but I think these are red herrings.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
The release date change worries me, as do the lack of casting confirmation. However I LOVE the idea of Palpatine having a backup plan. It's the kind of thing he would have done, especially considering how unreliable the Skywalker family were.

Obi Wan perhaps not so much. I love Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan, in fact, he IS Obi Wan as far as I'm concerned, but having him as a Force ghost when you've already had Alec Guinness in two films seems a bit daft.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
:mark::mark::mark::mark::mark:

Original cast confirmed and fucking Gollum himself.

Also, legit thought Max Von Sydow died years ago.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I am pleased than Gosling wasn't in it in the end because he is way above Star Wars.

Van Sydow is a legend and just shows up in the most unexpected of places.

These maybe the best SW films in history if not Strikes Back.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Gotta keep my hopes lower because I don't want to be disappointed but so far so good.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Super happy to see most of the original cast back. A lot of people seem to have no faith in Abrams right now. I think he'll do a great job though. Look at Star Trek for frig sake!