Star Wars New Trilogy Official Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Re: Han Solo: Solo

I wonder if this ends up being like the rumors with Marvel where these rumors wind up being actually animated licenses and we actually get some really awesome cartoons out of this. Disney certainly hasn't dropped the ball with the Marvel license, I'm looking forward to seeing someone dust this license off and try to do something more with it.
I was a big Star Wars fan as a kid, I read a considerable amount of the books that take place in and around the Star Wars movies. Disney is definitely smart enough to pull from these influences and the stories built around the three characters Yoda, Han Solo and Boba Fett are great. There are many things explained about the origins of these characters that would transfer over to a movie, cartoon, mini-series, etc. very well.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I personally rank Revenge of the Sith up there with the original series. If I were to rank them it'd go V, IV, III, VI, II, I, with V & IV being super close, almost even.
These would be my exact words as well.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

There is alot about Han Solo I would enjoy hearing more about, and if they put scenes of Kashyyk and Chewie actually being bullied by the other Wookies(something they fucked right up in the prequels) then I am all for it.

Fett on the other hand, with what we have seen from Jango, what has been explained in The Clone Wars(which is using the resurrected Darth Maul, so not fan fic), we can pretty much assume Boba is not a "bad guy", Duty & Honour have to be very high on his social demeanor(or Jango wouldnt have been a good canidate for the clone troopers, and Plo Koon's troopers would have killed him when the order came in), but we also have to take into account that Boba was basically kidnapped by other bounty hunters, and forced into the life at a very early age. So, we get this very deep conflicting character, who really "is only as bad as his employer needs him to be", but who is also in his mind, cleaning the galaxy of the scum.

I'd fully expect the movie to deviate a little from the books in terms of Boba's adolescence, particularly because of that scene in Attack of the Clones where he's holding his father's severed head/helmet as if that itself was a prequel to further exploring Boba's path. Wouldn't be surprised at all if his life as a bounty hunter becomes something he actually aspired to be, following in his father's footsteps to avenge his death by "cleansing the galaxy of scum" with an unrelenting hate for Jedi's (especially black ones) and thus a sworn-allegiance to the Empire. I think it's an interesting character because if done carefully, you can really turn Boba into a guy who believed sincerely he was doing good in his life. Sort of a "tragic villain". That really opens the flood gates for Han Solo to become more of an "anti-hero", a trait of his that was lost about the same time he went to Cloud City. In fact I'd probably even go so far to say the absolute best (and gutsy) thing they could do would be to focus more on Boba as the central character, this lost soul who's possibly a little misguided, and really lean harder on Han's old criminal side so that you really understand Boba's perspective. I seriously doubt that will happen, but I would love it.

Still doesn't change the fact he gets taken out in Jedi like a complete punk, something that can never be fixed. Unless Lucas or Disney decides to go back and re-edit that scene yet AGAIN so his jetpack catches on fire when Han wacks it and he goes sailing through the air like a burning asteroid shooting his blaster aimlessly, inadvertently mowing down several of Jabba's henchmen as he sails into the Sarlacc pit in a barrel of flames still shooting his blaster out of it's mouth until it swallows him. THAT would be an awesome way to go.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score

I'd fully expect the movie to deviate a little from the books in terms of Boba's adolescence, particularly because of that scene in Attack of the Clones where he's holding his father's severed head/helmet as if that itself was a prequel to further exploring Boba's path. Wouldn't be surprised at all if his life as a bounty hunter becomes something he actually aspired to be, following in his father's footsteps to avenge his death by "cleansing the galaxy of scum" with an unrelenting hate for Jedi's (especially black ones) and thus a sworn-allegiance to the Empire. I think it's an interesting character because if done carefully, you can really turn Boba into a guy who believed sincerely he was doing good in his life. Sort of a "tragic villain". That really opens the flood gates for Han Solo to become more of an "anti-hero", a trait of his that was lost about the same time he went to Cloud City. In fact I'd probably even go so far to say the absolute best (and gutsy) thing they could do would be to focus more on Boba as the central character, this lost soul who's possibly a little misguided, and really lean harder on Han's old criminal side so that you really understand Boba's perspective. I seriously doubt that will happen, but I would love it.

Reading this has me excited for a Boba Fett movie now. Seeing a younger Han Solo with a sketchy and shady past, and seeing a conflicted, vengeful Boba would be really awesome if done right.

Dod Draper

Reaction score

This is the first time since the Disney "big bang" I've been worried, it's the first time I've smelt dollars over creativity. They're going with Boba and Han cause they think they're the hardcore fans favourites, not because they're the most interesting.

I think the opposite is true.

Whilst it's obviously all about money (what isn't?), why would Disney plan to make a film about a hardcore fan favourite (Fett) when it'd be more profitable to just scrap that idea and announce an episode 8 already. I realize that the hardcore fanbase is big, but making a movie which appeals more to mainstream audiences would have been a more profitable decision.

I think going with such films is more of a gesture to hardcore fans. Let's face it; any of these new movies will be profitable, but by going with Fett (as opposed to the tales of a more prevalent character), they're at least signalling that they've got some intention of doing this whole thing right.

It just doesn't make sense for Disney to make horrible movies and jolt the core fans of the series, when they're one of the most valuable (profitable) assets to the series. Who buys the special edition DVDs? The posters? The figures? I can go on, but I think people get the message. Sure they'll want to expand the fanbase for new generations, but as I said, burning bridges makes zero sense.

Of course, they could just accidentally bulldoze this whole thing and make a real mess of it. I don't think that'll happen though.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Had that exact argument with someone else Dod.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Saw this the other day and thought it was pretty cool. Wonder which actors would play these expanded universe characters if they are in the new trilogy, which they should be.

5Ifjr4L.png

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Unknowns please. Great way to launch careers.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Unknowns please. Great way to launch careers.

Just ask Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher, or even the guy who was Anakin.....Not like that first movie always followed them everywhere.

Reboot this all Knights of TheOld Republic style.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Hamill and Fisher have reportedly been signed on to reprise their roles. I'm not much looking forward to seeing Luke as a fat old guy.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Just ask Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher, or even the guy who was Anakin.....Not like that first movie always followed them everywhere.

Reboot this all Knights of TheOld Republic style.

Ford and Frank Oz? I guess I was stretching Hamill tends to blame the accident and he does do a lot of voice work. But unknowns make for better believability.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Frank Oz? The guy who already had a lengthy career in television? Harrison Ford? The guy who was already known for being the cool guy in American Graffiti? Unknowns in a sci-fi genre movie is like the....."and introducing" tag used for first timers, it's a kiss of death.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Carrie Fisher has officially confirmed that she'll be returning as Princess Leia. Here's how Fisher pictures Leia in Episode VII:

“Elderly. She’s in an intergalactic old folks’ home… I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle.”