"Ryback Rules"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Oh my god SERIOUSLY... has there ever been a worse catchphrase? I honestly didn't think anything could possibly out-suck "Feed me more", yet the SAME GUY did.

What other cringe-worthy slogans could this guy use at this point?

"Ryback to the MAX!"

"I WIN!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Suggestions?

ryback.jpg

Reaction score
Yeah "I'm coming to getcha" by The Boogyman. I liked his gimmick, but he hardly got anyone!

Killz

Reaction score
When I first heard/read it (can't recall if on Raw or hashtagged on twitter) I assumed it was going to directly translate to, and become, "Ryback's Rules" as he adopted his heel "out for me" persona. He totally adopted that persona, and I guess it still makes sense like that, but he didn't add the "'s" so now he just sounds ridiculous.

Yeah! Ryback rules! *high five*

Agreed, it's juvenile and not fitting for a main event level heel who may well be given the strap soon.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I dunno, I still think FEED ME MORE is more Blue than this one, especially with all the food related gags they did.

I'm kinda digging him as a heel to be honest, I couldn't stand him as a face. Like I mentioned in the RAW thread last night, I wonder if they're tempted to change his music to RY-BACK RUUUUUUUUUUUUULES now.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Think instead of Feed Me More he should have just said "Who's next" :side:

Don't really think any of them need a catch phrase that they end every single conversation with.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Re: "Ryback Rules"

This is what I hear every time he says it.

[video=youtube;CsNgRmsx-14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsNgRmsx-14[/video]

:lmao That ball's going... going... OVER THE FENCE! Yankees win!

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Oh my god SERIOUSLY... has there ever been a worse catchphrase? I honestly didn't think anything could possibly out-suck "Feed me more", yet the SAME GUY did.

"Ryback to the MAX!"

"I WIN!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Suggestions?

ryback.jpg

So after seeing this picture, I think I finally figured out who Ryback resembles.

gillberg.png

He's Goldberg with Gillberg's fucking face attached to him! ...or maybe it's just me.

Reaction score
When it comes to pro rasslin', silly, juvenile and low-brow absurdity gets over quite a bit. Most of what they say is pretty dumb taken out of the context of the silliness that is rasslin'. "Feed me more" may be pretty stupid, but it was popular enough that the crowds were very much behind chanting it. The whole Fandango thing is pretty dumb, the music, the entrance, his act, but people are eating it up and having fun with it.

For a character like Ryback, simple and silly probably works just fine.

Twist of Fate

Reaction score

I can tolerate "feed me more" as a catchphrase. It's stupid but not horrible. If anything the biggest problem with it is the way it's milked and used so poorly to get generic chants going (kinda like what "YES" and "NO" have become since Daniel Bryan teamed with Kane). Even if fans eat it up, I personally find it hard to buy into the "intense bad ass" character when he panders to the crowd with ridiculous chanting and actions - half the time he looks like a kid throwing a tantrum or something (IMO). To me it'd make more sense if it's just some kind of vicious "exclamation mark" after a promo rather than pushing the repetition "sing along" side of it. It might've be fun for the fans to repeat like sheep, but it doesn't do a whole lot for the characters credibility in the long run IMO.

When it comes to "Ryback rules" I kinda haven't paid much attention to it. As far as I can tell he's apparently just been using it for Tweets (haven't watched RAW yet this week) and it hasn't become some kind of silly chant (granted he's a heel now anyway so it's not like WWE will make it one). To me it's no worse than half the other crap they come up with name-wise so i've kind of ignored it unlike something like "feed me more" (which up til recently has been 80% of his character or something). Many "catchphrases", finisher names as well as even tag team names these days are all cringe worthy. Names like "Starship Pain" (when Morrison was around), the "Attitude Adjustment" etc are equally as lame IMO.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
it's just a Lame line. i could careless about it. Get Rid of it.

Reaction score
Re: "Ryback Rules"

I think it fits his monster character well. I don't get the Goldberg stuff hes much better than Goldberg actually was

I think it fits his monster character well. I don't get the Goldberg stuff hes much better than Goldberg actually was