Ric Flair's "Ego" (AKA Suck It Roxxie!)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Well, again, your arguement is useless, dull, and dumb. 50 Personas? He's had three, and one is his real self. Sure, Flair has had one gimmick/persona, but your saying only the greats have one persona? Edge had about three, Christian had about three, HHH had...two, three? Undertaker had two, Kane had two, Austin had two or three, Hogan had about two. I can continue, but I've made my point clear. So come with a real arguement, please.

EDIT: And you say Mick sucks ass in the ring now?....And Flair does not? People say he stole the show at Mania, but he really didn't. The main event was better, and saying he stole the show, isnt saying much cause the show wasnt all that awesome. The atmosphere stole the show, the ending stole the show, say that. Dont act like the match was just so awesome, cause they both sucked, but if anything, HBK carried his ass. Flair did back drop, abotu 3 figure four leg locks, and chops.....wow, what a show stealer!!!

HHHforever

Reaction score
Foley at this point in his career could not have wrestled as well as Flair did Sunday. As far as personas go how many of those guys' used those personas when they were actually over? HHH used 2, but usually everyone gets a character different than their initial one and he was only the Conneticutt guy for a brief period. I'm not going to go through all of those, but the main difference is that those guys, with exception of when Taker did his gimmick change, didn't need to constantly switch their personas in the middle of their careers to stay over.

Also you're starting to piss me off tbh. You've been here like a month and you're acting like you're running the place. I presented a solid argument so stfu, and don't tell me to come with a real argument next time because I've come with several good arguments, you're thick ass skull can't comperehend them.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Obvious HHH & HBK are just too damn dumb. Because everyone is all high on Flair right now....why? Because his old ass is retiring. Because he cried. People see an old man cry, after retiring after such a long, dreadful career, and people feel sorry for him

You're right. All of those people chanting "Thank You Ric" in Orlando, they all felt sorry for him.

in Wrestling, when your in character, you are never called by your real name unless it's a serious storyline, or a documentary type thing. Mick Foley was the only man I know who was called by his real name, while IN CHARACTER! He's wrestling ad Dude Love, yet announcers, fans, call him Mick Foley. Because they respect everything he's done, and because he's a great man.
The fact that he had been known by his real name when they were doing the "3 Faces of Foley" gimmick since 1997 had absolutely NOTHING to do with that. The fact that JR had called him "Mick" when he was the corporate bitch of Vince when he was feuding with Austin had nothing to do with it. The fact that he had been being referred to as "Mrs. Foley's Baby Boy" since he turned face and they called him by his real name on TV while showing the videos of him as a kid to play up the REALITY of the story, that also had absolutely nothing to do with it. None.....None at all....

I admit right here his wrestling skills are actually underrated by a lot. He can do more than a Double Arm DDT.
Really? Whens the last time he did a double underhook suplex, or any kind of suplex for that matter? How about some chain wrestling? Like say hold, reverse, reverse, reverse, reverse, bump? Shit when's the last time he did something as basic as a fucking DROP TOE HOLD!

He retired early because he busted his ass off so much, he couldn't do it regularly no more.
How about his kids? They had nothing to do with it right?

And with all these politics in WWE, it's no wonder why Flair is getting all of this attention, and Mick gets a squash match teaming with Horny vs. Coach. wtf? Mick is better than that.
Obviously Mick doesnt think that otherwise he wouldnt have agreed to do it. If you read any of his books you know he pretty much has creative control over anything he does.

Ric gets all of this cause he has friends in high places in WWE.....Mick doesn't get this because he doesn't like HHH
Too bad he doesnt say that in his book....

HHH doesn't like him. He doesn't like Flair, Flair doesn't like him.
HHH has said many times that he is grateful, and always will be to Mick for helping him reach the heights he has gotten to.

He hates Vince, and I'm pretty sure the son in law is in his ear, so of course Mick won't get the real farewell he deserves.

Once again, spoken like a true idiot. Mick has said up and down that Vince is one of the people he respects more than almost anyone. Seriously, read up on shit before you say things like this to not come off as such a dumbass.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Well, your saying Mick can't do what Flair did last Sun......

You are right, because Mick can do more than chops, figure four, and a back body drop. Lets not forget that vertical suplex, lol.

Mick Foley went trhough those three characters because it was entertaining, funny, not to 'stay over'. Mick was over so much, wasn't matter what he did. He's still over. Mick and Flair are different, even their personal selves. Flair did what he did for himself. Mick did what he did to entertain those people, give them a show, so whether he was first or last on that card, people can go home saying "Did you see what Mick Foley did tonight?!" he did everything he did for the people, Flair did what he did (whatever 'he did') for stats, for himself. Alright? And I've been here more than a month buddy, try a month and a half.

EDIT: I've read his book, dog. I know about Mick. I've also read how HHH doesn't want Mick back on TV because there's no point of it as he says....yet theres a point of having a 60 some year old man (Vince) and a close to 60 year old man (Flair) 'wrestling' if thats what you call it, in a street fight match. an old flabby man vs. a roided up boss, yeah, thats what the people want. HHH doesn't know how to do shit, he is smart I give him that, he married the boss' daughter, who wouldnt do that to get over in the company???

HBKforever

Reaction score
Are you serious????? I believe I saw Ric Flair do a stalled vertical suplex, a feww hip tosses, body splash from the top ropes, he was moving a lot quicker on the mat then he has in a LONG time.....he came to play in his last match. Meanwhile HBK had two moonsaults in which he probably broke a rib or two on the one on the table and a variety of other ground and aerial moves you would expect from the most versatile wrestler in the history of the business. They stole the show because no one (other than myself and a few others) thought that they would have a good match....and the ending and atmosphere was amazing, that's part of the match whether you admit it or not. Mick Foley was a great wrestler, but let's be honest he's never going to be known for being a mat technician or aerial master. He took alot of sick bumps and entertained the fans to a great degree. But the man in your avatar, Terry Funk, was A LOT better than Mick Foley. He took bigger bumps and was a better technical wrestler, and did it for longer with different companies. I would put Funk up there with Ric Flair, I would not put Mick Foley up there. No one has done more for the business for as long as Ric Flair and he deserved his sendoff...If he was as shitty as you think he is, why did every superstar come out to say goodbye and most of them be emotional? Why did Ric get such a big pop everywhere he went? Do you know of any other wrestler in the HISTORY of pro wrestling that owns a move like Flair and the knife edge chop? No...For the past 20 years and probably for the next 20 years whenever someone does a chop in any match in any company, alot of the fans there will go WOOO!!!! THAT is legendary.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
And whenever Mick comes out he's always gonna have signs in the crowd saying Foley is GOD. THAT is Legendary too, my friend. And as I stated, Funk is better than Foley, and better than Flair. Funk had it all, in the ring, hardcore. So I agree with Funk above Foley, but he's also above Flair as well. And Funk made a career without Vince and his WWE. And without all of the politics, ect.

HHHforever

Reaction score
. Flair did what he did for himself. Mick did what he did to entertain those people, give them a show, so whether he was first or last on that card, people can go home saying "Did you see what Mick Foley did tonight?!"

Did you even watch the HOF? When Flair was crying he said, "I hope no one ever left the arena disapointed that they spent money to see Ric Flair." Flair did what he did for himself? You've got to be kidding me, that alone shows what a dumbass you are.

As HBK and Kaedon said Flair did a lot of moves on Sunday that Mick is no longer capable of. There is no way he could have done half of the things Flair did. At this point in his life Mick isn't willing to take bumps the way he used to and that was why his matches were so entertaining. Without them his matches would suck now.

Sorry you're right you've been here a month and a half, however I've never even heard of you until yesterday. You're right, hard to believe you're not a legend on here yet.

HBKforever

Reaction score
Well agree to disagree about Funk vs. Flair but Flair made his career in the NWA and WCW more so than the WWE...Do you see those Foley is God signs at TNA shows, or ROH shows, or Indy shows, or even Raw or Smackdown when Foley isn't there??? The answer is no.....the WOOOO is universal.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Exactly, you beat me to it. Although Foley is over and people love him and there will be plenty of signs, whether Flair is in the building or not, whether he's even in the company that is wrestling that night I guarentee you will hear Wooooo's. That is not the casee with Foley.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Lol, obviously there's no winning this, because whatever I say, whether its a great argument or terrible, there's no winning with so many people on Flair's jock. so why bother? I stick to my opinions, but there is no use of continuing this, with like I said, all of you people jus doing this for Flair. Although I would like to admitt, Flair didn't do anything to amaze me in that match. People, the thing that is most pissing me off, is the fact that you actually say THE MATCH stole the show, or, THE MATCH was great. Say the truth, the atmosphere stole it, the post-match and pre-match stuff stole it.....alright? not THE MATCH itself.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^If you didn't like that match then you don't know very much about wrestling imo. There's no winning this argument for you because there are so many facts that disprove it, not because we're on Flair's jock. If anyone is on anyone's jock, it's you on Foley's because you love of him is allowing you to ignore the facts that disprove your argument.

Fenix0505

Reaction score
that sucks about ric's last match could have been a lot more than what it was, me personaly i thought ric flare had a good wrestling character.. but thats my opinion and i did think it was his time to retire as well but the WWE should have gave him is 17 Title Reign.. and have him lose it at WM or win it then would have been a lot memorable than what it was..

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
It's not like I call up HBKforever and tell him to neg rep you, people with intelligence nep rep you cuz your posts stupid.
"03-10-2008 02:13 AM HBKforever hhhforever suggested I neg rep your idiotic post"

But you're right, you don't call him. It'd be a clear sign of insanity to call yourself. ;)

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Why is anyone even fighting with that dumbass? There's no point to it, he has no idea what he's talking about. Foley was a awesome HARDCORE wrestler Flair in his prime was a great pure wrestler..Those are to different things. Flair could never stand in Foley's boots and Foley could never stand in Flair's.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Flairs time had come to retire. However he kind of had to lose his match to retire. If he had won the belt and then retired it wouldn't have made any sense with his character because his character would have wanted to continure if he was still at that level. It would have been a nice thing to do, but at this point in his career Ric didn't really need another title reign. His match had plenty of interest and excitement without having to throw a title in with it.

Edit: My post was to directed toward Fenix.

Roxxi,
I'm not responsible for what HBKforever does. I may have made a suggestion to him in that one instance, but again I do not tell him to consistently neg repping, your idiotic posting makes you get neg repped. And if you think that we are the same person then maybe you should actually read his posts and mine, because there are differences. On top of that it'd be pretty hard for both of us to be online at the same time if we were the same person and I'm also pretty sure that I would trip the AE detector if we're the same person, but again I wouldn't expect you to have that much knowledge.