Ric Flair's "Ego" (AKA Suck It Roxxie!)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Who's Roxxie?

Anyway, oh please. Flair spends the past four months going out and beating the best in singles matches, only losing when HBK was tied up in the ropes so it was essentially four on one, and then he goes out on the crown jewel of sports entertainment, Wrestlemania, and gets carried the whole match. Then to top it off, the chance to retire him, to give someone the biggest push ever seen, is squandered on someone who can't possibly be pushed any further or put over any more. But that's ok because he turned down a main event spot? Not even because he admits that he's way past his prime and has no place in the main event, but because "the main event is for matches over titles."

If Flair really, truly had class, he'd have put his desire to be retired by a friend on the shelf and given a rising star a massive push into the main event. But no, the future of the WWE and the career of a talented superstar is tossed aside in favor of HBK. That is not class, nor respect for the business or the up and coming talent. Going out in flaming glory with a Green Bay Plunge, or a Playmaker, or an Elijah Express, or a T-Bone Suplex, would be class. Class is swallowing your damn pride for the benefit of others, not reducing it from XXL to XL.

chessarmy

Ric could have agreed, but he did the right thing by declining the offer. We both know that in a PPV like Wrestlemania, its the championship titles that matter the most, and Ric Flair knows that the wrestling business as a whole is more important than his career. He is not a selfish man, and I still think he went out the right way.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Who's Roxxie?

Anyway, oh please. Flair spends the past four months going out and beating the best in singles matches, only losing when HBK was tied up in the ropes so it was essentially four on one, and then he goes out on the crown jewel of sports entertainment, Wrestlemania, and gets carried the whole match. Then to top it off, the chance to retire him, to give someone the biggest push ever seen, is squandered on someone who can't possibly be pushed any further or put over any more. But that's ok because he turned down a main event spot? Not even because he admits that he's way past his prime and has no place in the main event, but because "the main event is for matches over titles."

If Flair really, truly had class, he'd have put his desire to be retired by a friend on the shelf and given a rising star a massive push into the main event. But no, the future of the WWE and the career of a talented superstar is tossed aside in favor of HBK. That is not class, nor respect for the business or the up and coming talent. Going out in flaming glory with a Green Bay Plunge, or a Playmaker, or an Elijah Express, or a T-Bone Suplex, would be class. Class is swallowing your damn pride for the benefit of others, not reducing it from XXL to XL.

Is anyone else surprised by this?

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
So Ric Flair was not egotistical for once? wow, just one time fellas, get over it!

I bet they wont do all of this crap for someone who actually has class, who actually deserves this retirement speech, hall of fame, and retirement match on the biggest stage of them all, who is FAR from egotistical, Mick Foley. Mick should be treated like Flair was all this time, except better, because he is superior to Flair in all aspects. Class being the main one

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
So Ric Flair was not egotistical for once? wow, just one time fellas, get over it!

I bet they wont do all of this crap for someone who actually has class, who actually deserves this retirement speech, hall of fame, and retirement match on the biggest stage of them all, who is FAR from egotistical, Mick Foley. Mick should be treated like Flair was all this time, except better, because he is superior to Flair in all aspects. Class being the main one
Well Mick left rather early in terms of how long he could have performed at the level he was at, but yes. Mick is still over as hell after all this time, has more in ring ability, and in the real world is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. If anyone deserves all this, it's him. The fact that he isn't a Hall of Famer is just despicable.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Flairs accomplishments....

# Mid-Atlantic Tag Team titles w/Rip Hawk defeating Paul Jones & Bob Bruggers (July 4, 1974);
# Mid-Atlantic Television title defeating Paul Jones (1975);
# NWA World Tag Team titles w/Greg Valentine defeating Gene & Ole Anderson (December 26, 1976);
# Mid-Atlantic Television title defeating Rufus R. Jones (1977);
# Mid-Atlantic Tag Team titles w/Greg Valentine defeating Dino Bravo & Tiger Conway Jr (June 30, 1977);
# NWA United States title defeating Bobo Brazil (September 1977);
# NWA World Tag Team titles w/Greg Valentine defeating Gene & Ole Anderson (October 30, 1977);
# NWA United States title defeating Mr. Wrestling (May 1978);
# NWA (Mid-Atlantic) Tag Team titles w/John Studd defeating ???? & ???? (June 30, 1978);
# NWA (Mid-Atlantic) Tag Team titles w/John Studd defeating Paul Jones & Ricky Steamboat (October 30, 1978);
# NWA United States title defeating Ricky Steamboat (April 1, 1979);
# NWA World Tag Team titles w/Blackjack Mulligan defeating Baron Von Raschke & Paul Jones (August 8, 1979);
# NWA United States title defeating Greg Valentine (November 24, 1980);
# NWA United States title defeating Jimmy Snuka (April 19, 1981);
# NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Dusty Rhodes (September 17, 1981);
# Missouri Heavyweight title defeating David von Erich (July 15, 1983)
# NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Harley Race (November 24, 1983);
# NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Harly Race (March 24, 1984);
# NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Kerry von Erich (May 24, 1984 in Japan);
# NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Dusty Rhodes (August 7, 1986);
# NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Ron Garvin (November 26, 1987);
# NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Ricky Steamboat (May 7, 1989);
# NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Sting (January 11, 1991);
# NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Tatsumi Fujinami (May 19, 1991);
# WWF Royal Rumble Winner (January 19, 1992);
# WWF Heavyweight title by winning the Royal Rumble (January 19, 1992);
# WWF Heavyweight title defeating Randy Savage (September 1, 1992);
# NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Barry Windham (July 18, 1993);
# WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Vader (December 27, 1993);
# WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Ricky Steamboat (March 24, 1994);
# WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Sting (June 23, 1994);
# WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Randy Savage (December 25, 1995);
# WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Randy Savage (February 11, 1996);
# WCW United States title defeating Konnan (July 7, 1996);
# WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Hulk Hogan (March 14, 1999);
# WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Jeff Jarrett (May 15, 2000);
# WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Kevin Nash (May 29, 2000);
# (WWE) World Tag Team titles w/Batista defeating The Dudley Boyz in a Tag Team Turmoil match (Armageddon 2003);
# (WWE) World Tag Team titles w/Batista defeating Booker T & Rob Van Dam (March 22, 2004 - RAW);
# WWE Intercontinental title defeating Carlito Cool (September 18, 2005 - Unforgiven);
# (WWE) World Tag Team titles w/Roddy Piper defeating The Spirit Squad (November 5, 2006);

Some of Flairs Greatest Rivalries

Greg Valentine
Roddy Piper
Wahoo McDaniel
Ricky Steamboat
Harley Race
Dusty Rhodes
Jimmy Garvin
Magnum TA
Sting
Barry Windham
Kerry von Erich
Terry Funk
Lex Luger
Hulk Hogan
Randy Savage
Curt Hennig
Shane Douglas
The Undertaker
Chris Jericho
Steve Austin
Eddie Guerrero
Rob Van Dam
Booker T
Kane
Bill Goldberg
Shawn Michaels
Chris Benoit
Randy Orton
Batista
Triple H
Carlito Cool
Mick Foley
The Spirit Squad
Kenny Dykstra
Montel Vontavious Porter
Mr. Kennedy

I love Foley, but he cant touch that.

HBKforever

Reaction score
Mick Foley is great but he does not have the in ring ability Flair has even now...Just because Flair wasn't a human pincushion does not make Foley better.

So about someone other than HBK being the one to retire Flair, again no no and no. It'll be a Jericho thing that they'll talk about untill the end of their career. (Also I love how Roxxi bashes Flair and then says that a win over him would be a HUGE push). Oh, and Flair-HBK stole the show at mania just like I predicted it would. But maybe Roxxi and KroniK can go watch the superstars of some shitty Indy promotion and leave the criticism of the legends for other people who don't know shit about wrestling

Timmy T

Reaction score
I haven't posted in awhile but I had to respond to this thread.

The idea that Mick Foley is even close to Ric Flair on any level ever is a ridiculous debate. To say that it is despicable that he isn't a hall of Fame yet, when guys like Rick Flair and Rocky Johnson just got entered? Wow...

Mick Foley is going to have to get behind a long line of people from his own generation never mind the past. Including Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, HHH, The Rock, The Undertaker, before he is even considered to be entered.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Well, Junior^

Mick Foley should have been entered before the likes of PETE ROSE, THE REFRIGERATOR, and EDDIE GUERRERO, by far. And Mick is still above Flair, in all aspects. Foley doesn't put himself in a league of 'Flair' because that shows what kind of guy Mick is, class, and the nicest man prolly in the world.

Ric Flair on the other hand?

All of those accomplishments you listed, liek so what? Jeff Jarrett has had a whole lot of Titles too, all through his career. I love Jeff, but he isn't one of the greatest of all-time, future hall of famer (not the biased WWE HOF of course) yes. Everybody is on Flair's jock, forget him, he's done, THANK GOD. I'm so happy that was his last match because he sucked.

And on a side note, whats with HBKforever and HHHforever like posting after one another, not jus here, but in different threads. Are they like, butt buddies, protecting one another?

I'm just curious, fellas, or ladies, whichever you two prefer.

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I could be, but didn't Flabby Flair run WCW or something like that at a time? Which may explain a lot of the WCW Title reigns perhaps? Just a thought.....wow, Triple H is A LOT like Flair, lol

Timmy T

Reaction score
Actually thank you. That's another one to the list Jeff Jarrett who should go in before Mick Foley. Mick Foley being a nice guy does not make him a canidate for the HOF. His resume doesn't make him a canidate for the HOF. The fact that he tossed himself through a table from atop hell in a cell is what is going to get him in the hall of fame, that and the fact that he was one of the "Big Names" during the monday night wars. In truth, I think the Fridge, The gobbley gooker and Mick Foley are all on about the same level of wrestling talent.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Well, you must be smokin' that stuff with Jeff Hardy too, because you're far from fact. Mick Foley is better than Flair, in every category. Comparing Fridge to Foley is the dumbest shit I've ever heard, son. Damn.....I'm jus sick of idiots suckin' Flair's wee wee because he's an old ass dude who retired. So what. Funk is better than him, Foley is too, Dusty, many others! Priod, check and mate.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
^ Thank you. I also noticed that after one of them negreps me, the other does too for the same post immediately afterwards. Pinky, are you pondering what i'm pondering?

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Lol, yes I am^^^And I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they are....'brothers'

Kaedon

Reaction score
Flair was a booker in NWA/WCW but as far as anyone can tell, he never booked himself. The powers that be in the NWA/WCW decided to give not just him, but the whole 4 Horsemen as long a run as they could because it was over. And yeah he had a lot of title reigns, but he also helped MAKE a lot of stars. Ricky Steamboat, Magnum TA, Dusty Rhodes, Sting, Barry Windam, Lex Luger, hell ALL of the 4 Horsemen, all of them were made in LARGE PART due to Ric Flair. Who has Mick Foley helped make? The Rock, HHH, and Randy Orton. When Foley comes out, do people chant "BANG BANG" or when he puts over someone, does the crowd go "THANK - YOU - FO - LEY" no. You people hate Ric Flair because he was plain better than Mick. Better in the ring, had more titles, made more stars, had more memorable feuds, and got into the HOF.