Ric Flair's "Ego" (AKA Suck It Roxxie!)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Source: prowrestling.net

Many wrestling fans were hopeful that Ric Flair's match against Shawn Michaels would be the final match to close out last night's WrestleMania XXIV. It turns out that Flair was offered the main event spot but turned it down.

There was a pitch made by a creative team member to have the final shot of WrestleMania be a spotlight on Flair's boots and robe. However, Flair strongly disagreed with those sentiments when the idea was brought up to him during a press conference held prior to the WWE Hall of Fame convention.

Flair told reporters that nothing is more important than the title belts and insisted that his match with Michaels did not belong in the main event position.

Flair=Class

HHHforever

Reaction score
I just read this a minute ago and what a great classy decision by Flair. I don't care what anyone says he has never wanted to do anything to hurt the business and that right there proves it. Great move by Flair and also a classy move by the creative team to suggest it, all around I thought this whole thing couldn't have been handeled better by the WWE.

SnackZ

Reaction score
I did not know this. This is why everyone loves Flair. He's pure f*cking class. Sure the E could have went with this match to close the show but Flair is right, the Titles are the most important thing and that should always be the main event/last match.

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
this is why flair will always be the man

EnterTamed

Reaction score
a class move by ric and he did steal the show last night, there was only 1 unforgettable moment last night and that was the end to his match.

Wrestling Station

It reminds me of him backstage with Carlito, they had a small feud like segments backstage, and he always told him, " I loved this business, and i should work harder and harder for it!!" coz Carlito was kinda lazy cunt those days, if anyone remembers..

Flair.. a real LEGEND

MRC

Reaction score
Hearing this made me have even more respect for him than i already do

WFS2008

Reaction score
Wow, I had a feeling that Flair reluctantly agreed (not to main event) but wow. That is a class act. I still think the ME should of been the triple threat match though, I love Taker but hes kind of old and he won the title last year. Edge and Taker did put on a great match though, so maybe im just a traditionalist in that I like to see the face of the company win at the end.

-TJ-

Wow Ric deserves what he has gotten from this wrestling world. I have more respect for him then I ever had.

Flair = Class

kingovkings

Reaction score
That just pure class from Flair and so far from egotistical as you can get. It just shows how much he loves the business and respects it. He is the MAN Whoooooooooooo.

thug

Reaction score
one word....... QUALITY!

he hasnt always been my fav wrestler but i respect him for what hes done over the past 35 years and my respect for him went up a few bars watching the hall of fame because it takes a big man to say what he said that night (thanking his ex wifes and saying sorry to his kids)

and it went up again few more last night during and after his match and reading this ive have even more respect

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Even though it wasent the main event it was still better than the wwe championship match. Ric flair really does have alot of class i hope he sticks around and helps out the wwe in some way.

xtremebadass

ric flair rules man, he gave up his final mania...for the undertaker...who's not that much younger than flair lol

Sangre

Reaction score
Good to see Flair go out in style in Mania. This just makes Flair look even more of a legend, Any other older legends retirement they would request the main event spot. Shows allot about Ric's character and how much he cares about the business.