Rey Mysterio Suspended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
lol.

I guess you don't realize how troll-ish that comment sounds.

Rey doesn't try the 619 twelve times. In extreme situations, he'll try three, maybe four, unless of course it just becomes a joke as part of an unimportant match.

Rey's offense is more diverse than many people's and to be honest I'm surprised that you as a WCW guy don't like Mysterio. He's a great performer and a crowd please. He does the moves he does because they're exciting and people will pay to see them. Despite doing these life threatening, career-shortnening moves for the past two decades and counting, he continually gives it all whenever he can despite having to be in such pain after years of colliding with other superstars and God knows what else doing the stunts he does.

And I find it hard to believe anyone can deny that his match with Punk where he won the WWE Championship last year wasn't good, or that his "I Quit" Match with Chavo or his ladder match with Eddie or his triple threat with Orton and Angle weren't really good matches. Not to mention countless above average matches with cruisrweights and super heavyweights alike, such as his Mask vs. Hair Match with CM Punk and his many encounters with The Big Show.

Mysterio gets the job done. If I was a wrestling booker, he'd be in the top 5 guys I'd want to sign to my roster because he's consistent, dedicated, loyal, and hard working. He's one of the best wrestlers of the past decade, and even the decade before.

He beat Miz for the title.

I've been a big fan of his since the WCW days but I do hate the 619.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I don't like the 619 either. I still like Mysterio though.

Just like I don't like the Olympic Slam or the Lie Detector, but I still like Angle and Truth.

And again, I never said that Mysterio was the most interesting WWE star in the world, I am just making the point that you can't discredit his abilities to wrestle and to work over a crowd. Because he can do it, and even with almost no backing from the bookers, he continues to do it, time and again.

The Viper

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Mysterio. I'm with you. He's got a plethora of good to great matches in his WWE career alone (I still think his match with Angle at Summerslam 2002 is one of the most underrated Mysterio matches ever).

His match with Undertaker at RR 2010 was great as well. I personally don't see where all the hate comes from.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I recently watched his match with Jericho from Bash 2009 for a list I was making and holy crap was it good. Plus let's not forget the work he did in helping get Cody Rhodes more over during their feud last year. Their 'Mania match and the follow up at Extreme Rules were both really great. In fact, I believe I voted those MOTN's from both of those shows. And yeah, to whoever mentioned the pre-Summerslam match with Cena, it was also great and certainly one of the best free tv matches last year.

The Viper

Reaction score
I recently watched his match with Jericho from Bash 2009 for a list I was making and holy crap was it good. Plus let's not forget the work he did in helping get Cody Rhodes more over during their feud last year. Their 'Mania match and the follow up at Extreme Rules were both really great. In fact, I believe I voted those MOTN's from both of those shows. And yeah, to whoever mentioned the pre-Summerslam match with Cena, it was also great and certainly one of the best free tv matches last year.

Yeah, that was me. Thanks for not noticing. >.>

Anyways, yes. His feud with Rhodes last year was really great. Their match at ER, I thought was even better than their WM match and their match at 'Mania was great. I think there's some blind hate going on here. ;)

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah, that was me. Thanks for not noticing. >.>

Anyways, yes. His feud with Rhodes last year was really great. Their match at ER, I thought was even better than their WM match and their match at 'Mania was great. I think there's some blind hate going on here. ;)
Hey now, I noticed. I said "to whoever posted that" :lol:

The ER match was better than the 'Mania match, but it didn't have Mysterio's BAD ASS Captain America outfit.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
lol.

I guess you don't realize how troll-ish that comment sounds.

Rey doesn't try the 619 twelve times. In extreme situations, he'll try three, maybe four, unless of course it just becomes a joke as part of an unimportant match.

Rey's offense is more diverse than many people's and to be honest I'm surprised that you as a WCW guy don't like Mysterio. He's a great performer and a crowd pleaser. He does the moves he does because they're exciting and people will pay to see them. Despite doing these life threatening, career-shortnening moves for the past two decades and counting, he continually gives it all whenever he can despite having to be in such pain after years of colliding with other superstars and God knows what else doing the stunts he does.

And I find it hard to believe anyone can deny that his match with Miz where he won the WWE Championship last year wasn't good, or that his "I Quit" Match with Chavo or his ladder match with Eddie or his triple threat with Orton and Angle weren't really good matches. Not to mention countless above average matches with cruisrweights and super heavyweights alike, such as his Mask vs. Hair Match with CM Punk and his many encounters with The Big Show.

Mysterio gets the job done. If I was a wrestling booker, he'd be in the top 5 guys I'd want to sign to my roster because he's consistent, dedicated, loyal, and hard working. He's one of the best wrestlers of the past decade, and even the decade before.
You basically called people stupid for not liking Mysterio so I wasn't trying to come back with a witty retort.

Also I've seen more than a few matches where he legit tries to do that damn 619 every few minutes. I also hate the set-ups for it. I loathe seeing Mysterio kick Jericho in the middle of the ring, then watch as he walks over to the rope, plops himself down purposefully and waits for Mysterio to kick him in the face.

Glad you brought it up because I LOVED his work in WCW. I thought he was fantastic. Then WWE happened.

One last thing is I don't like the mask. I'm with Booty on that one.

For the record I never said he was bad, just that people tend to overrated or in my exact words, worship him.

Starlight

Aww was just looking forward to seeing him return. He was somewhat of a favorite of mine :)

Missionary

Reaction score
WWE will try EVERYTHING at this point in order to fix him up and clean him up. WWE isnt in the habit of dropping "good merchandise sellers", especially when a good portion of the current roster can barely get themselves noticed let alone ACTUALLY produce anything that will make "kids/fans/parents" want to buy anything. I personally never looked at him as anything more than a silly little man in a "wrestlers" world but hey... No one can argue... kids bought his masks and foam fingers.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
You basically called people stupid for not liking Mysterio so I wasn't trying to come back with a witty retort.

Also I've seen more than a few matches where he legit tries to do that damn 619 every few minutes. I also hate the set-ups for it. I loathe seeing Mysterio kick Jericho in the middle of the ring, then watch as he walks over to the rope, plops himself down purposefully and waits for Mysterio to kick him in the face.

Glad you brought it up because I LOVED his work in WCW. I thought he was fantastic. Then WWE happened.

One last thing is I don't like the mask. I'm with Booty on that one.

For the record I never said he was bad, just that people tend to overrated or in my exact words, worship him.

Ok so you don't like Mysterio just because of his finisher. Yeah it isn't the best finisher in the world big whoop. For a man his size to compete for over two decades and electrify crowds the way he does deserves a lot of respect. And where are you getting this worship nonsense from. I don't worship anybody and I doubt anybody else does. Just because you say you really like a superstar and he's awesome and shit like that doesn't mean you worship then. You praise the hell out of Bully Ray and Bobby Rodde do you worship them?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Ok so you don't like Mysterio just because of his finisher. Yeah it isn't the best finisher in the world big whoop. For a man his size to compete for over two decades and electrify crowds the way he does deserves a lot of respect. And where are you getting this worship nonsense from. I don't worship anybody and I doubt anybody else does. Just because you say you really like a superstar and he's awesome and shit like that doesn't mean you worship then. You praise the hell out of Bully Ray and Bobby Rodde do you worship them?

There's a difference, my friend. Every time I or someone else mentions they don't like Mysterio, a herd of people come out of the woodwork to defend him. I honestly don't care if you like Bobby Roode or not. And yeah, I loathe the 619.

Ever since he made that one move the focal point of his entire match, I stopped enjoying his matches.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
There's a difference, my friend. Every time I or someone else mentions they don't like Mysterio, a herd of people come out of the woodwork to defend him. I honestly don't care if you like Bobby Roode or not. And yeah, I loathe the 619.

Ever since he made that one move the focal point of his entire match, I stopped enjoying his matches.

Once again you hate Rey Mysterio just because of his finisher?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Once again you hate Rey Mysterio just because of his finisher?

When he spends a vast majority of his match trying to hit it, yes.

And I never said I hated Mysterio... once again. Just that I find him overrated. Also it was a joke to begin with! :lol:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
When he spends a vast majority of his match trying to hit it, yes.

And I never said I hated Mysterio... once again. Just that I find him overrated. Also it was a joke to begin with! :lol:

Ok conversation over :lol:

Castiel

Reaction score
When it comes to Mysterio I used to not like him honestly, I felt like he was "overrated". It seemed everyone just loved him because he was a guy in a mask who done some high spots. I'm sure a lot of fans do like him for those reasons but honestly Rey is an amazing worker! From his feud with Jericho, to Punk, to Rhodes all resulted in numerous great matches! So yeah, I'd like to have him back for some quality matches. Kind of disappointing to hear he was suspended but when was he suspended anyways? I wasn't expecting him back for another while anyways so it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Reactions: 1 person