Rey Mysterio Suspended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
What was his first violation for anyway? Pot?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Who knows what he got suspended for though? It's possible it was just a prescription medication that he was taking for his back that the actual prescription expired on. I highly doubt it was heroin or anything.

Mysterio: Diary of a Heroin Addict. Coming this November to DVD & Blu-ray Disc.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Being serious for a minute...

I hate the wellness policy. If Mysterio is in pain, that's his business, stay out of it WWE.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Being serious for a minute...

I hate the wellness policy. If Mysterio is in pain, that's his business, stay out of it WWE.

The rules of the wellness policy are clearly defined and if he "forgot" his prescription its entirely on him.

Besides, the wellness policy is a good thing, particularly if it leads to less wrestlers dying at an early age.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
We already knew this to be true so it's not as funny...

:p

Doing a double with feature with all three guys is where the real money is at.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The rules of the wellness policy are clearly defined and if he "forgot" his prescription its entirely on him.

Besides, the wellness policy is a good thing, particularly if it leads to less wrestlers dying at an early age.

Wrestlers who want to do drugs, will do so, only thing this policy does is make sure they die off of WWE's payroll.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wrestlers who want to do drugs, will do so, only thing this policy does is make sure they die off of WWE's payroll.

Most wrestlers die off their payroll anyhow though, since they are retired or working the indy circuit when it happens. I fail to see what that has to do with WWE's wellness policy. It wasn't designed to allow them to save face. Other businesses, including basically every professional sport, have similar policies, as do many large companies that randomly drug test employees. Are you arguing that all of these companies are simply selfish and don't want the bad publicity?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Most wrestlers die off their payroll anyhow though, since they are retired or working the indy circuit when it happens. I fail to see what that has to do with WWE's wellness policy. It wasn't designed to allow them to save face. Other businesses, including basically every professional sport, have similar policies, as do many large companies that randomly drug test employees. Are you arguing that all of these companies are simply selfish and don't want the bad publicity?
Not at all. I'm just saying this won't stop any wrestlers from doing drugs. It just makes it so we don't get to see the performers wrestle for 60 days or at all if they fire them. I don't personally care if Kendrick smokes weed or if Bourne does whatever the fuck he does. As long as it doesn't effect them in the workplace. Jeff Hardy at Victory Road stuff certainly can't happen.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Not at all. I'm just saying this won't stop any wrestlers from doing drugs. It just makes it so we don't get to see the performers wrestle for 60 days or at all if they fire them. I don't personally care if Kendrick smokes weed, I just want to see him perform.
The thing is, the wrestlers sign the contracts that specifically state these things will happen if they violate the wellness policy. The onus is entirely on them to make sure they follow the rules and don't get caught. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to do drugs, but if they sign a binding agreement not to, then why should I fault WWE when these guys are suspended for getting caught?

The wellness policy is part and parcel of being as big a company as they are. With shareholders and investors, you can ill afford to look like you're enabling athletes. It's not good for business, and the bottom line is that's all WWE cares about with the policy in the first place. There's another thing to take into consideration that most people seem to leave behind when talking about wellness (and TV PG as well). Linda McMahon has desperately been trying to get a Senate seat for years, and the only shot she's ever going to have is if she can convince people that wrestling is no longer a "dirty business", which is why things like wellness and PG exist in the first place.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The thing is, the wrestlers sign the contracts that specifically state these things will happen if they violate the wellness policy. The onus is entirely on them to make sure they follow the rules and don't get caught. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to do drugs, but if they sign a binding agreement not to, then why should I fault WWE when these guys are suspended for getting caught?

The wellness policy is part and parcel of being as big a company as they are. With shareholders and investors, you can ill afford to look like you're enabling athletes. It's not good for business, and the bottom line is that's all WWE cares about with the policy in the first place. There's another thing to take into consideration that most people seem to leave behind when talking about wellness (and TV PG as well). Linda McMahon has desperately been trying to get a Senate seat for years, and the only shot she's ever going to have is if she can convince people that wrestling is no longer a "dirty business", which is why things like wellness and PG exist in the first place.

I was never arguing that WWE shouldn't enforce their wellness policy, I was saying that I hated it. And subtly implied there shouldn't be one to begin with.

I also understand far too well the effect Linda's campaign has had on the WWE. Nearly every measure WWE has taken, that is in the name of the wrestler's best interests, happened in 2008/9 when she was starting her campaign. Wellness, PG, banned head-shots, etc... while I won't argue the merits or cons of said actions, it is clear why they were implemented. I also get pleasing the shareholders. I just laugh knowing Mysterio is suspended for sixty-days when he wasn't even competing. Oh, well. I wasn't butt hurt over it or anything. It just makes me think of all the great stuff we would have missed 15-years-ago if these measures were in effect.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Oh, well. I wasn't butt hurt over it or anything. It just makes me think of all the great stuff we would have missed 15-years-ago if these measures were in effect.

There basically would have been no Attitude era. :lol:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU