Reach for the (Minus) Stars: Sky's Collection of Bad Matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GARBAGE

Reaction score
I remember thinking one of the Taker/Kane matches from 2010 was shockingly solid (idr which) despite that feud being such a mess. I honestly hate the Kane/Edge feud from the same year a lot more though. One of their ppv matches (also dr which) was pretty much torture to me. I *hated* Edge's run that year. Don't even like the Jericho matches.

Reactions: Sky

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Entry #695
Bret Hart vs. Mr. McMahon
No Holds Barred Lumberjack Match

WWE WrestleMania XXVI - March 28, 2010

Another "how the fuck has it taken me this long" is this! The scores of the Montreal Screwjob, finally settled once and for all... except Bret got a pretty serious concussion back in 1999, and he's not allowed to bump. At all, ever. And yet they not only put him in a match, but MULTIPLE matches in 2010! And gave him a title! How this company survives to this day, I have no idea.

Bret gets a big, full-on Mania entrance to make his return. Vince has a FUCKING MIC, and he's announced a slight change of plans. Bret needs to get screwed one more time, so he's paid off the entire Hart family to lumberjack in his favour, with Bruce Hart as special ref. Bret grabs a mic and says that basically "lol. lmao even", the Hart family told Bret about the deal. So they've got Vince's money, and they're still on Bret's side. So, what was the point of pretending Bret was going to be betrayed by his own family for like, 10 seconds?

Bret punches up Vince a bit, grinds his face against the ropes, then starts stomping. In the jean shorts and black shirt, he looks more like Austin than ever. Tyson Kidd and Davey Boy Jr. get together to beat up Vince on the outside, with Natalya even joining in for a SLAP O'DOOM! They even do a Hart Attack on the outside! Bruce is doing a slow count as if there are count-outs. Bret looks like he's about to do a Sharpshooter, but no, instead he just beats on Vince and sends him out. Vince retrieves a miniature crowbar from under the ring, and clears out the family. He swings it at Bret but Bret just beats him up. Bret now uses the mini crowbar. I think at one point the mics under the ring cut out.

Bret calls for a Sharpshooter to end it, but he doesn't do it. Instead, he goes back to the crowbar. ANOTHER Sharpshooter teased... but instead he just stomps Vince. Stomps again. And again. And again. Then Davey Boy Jr. slides in a chair... so Bret can SIT in it and watch Vince lying on the mat. After a minute of rest, Bret hits Vince with the chair. And he really puts his back into it. What follows is, no joke, two minutes of "really stiff chair shot - wait - really stiff chair shot - wait". It's as boring as it would be uncomfortable to watch. You know, if the guy taking the chair shots weren't Vince. Bret FINALLY puts on the Sharpshooter and Vince taps instantly.

Could have been two minutes or so. Dragged out to ELEVEN of the fuckers. Just so Bret could keep going when the fans wanted to see it over.

Reactions: Chris