Reach for the (Minus) Stars: Sky's Collection of Bad Matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
So, you know what this is? It's the first (and last) ever GOLD MATCH. It's the only match that represents absolutely everything that can make a bad match bad. Complete uncoordinated slop, bad decisions from top to bottom, and a display of two people humiliating themselves on camera for all of us to see for all time. And, by definition, that makes it the new official Worst Match Of All Time.

In conclusion? LSD is a hell of a drug.
...damn. 436 matches and the worst of 'em all doesn't feature the likes of David Flair, Renegade, Khali, Van Hammer or even Jenna Morasca. I never thought Sabu and Sandman would beat them all.

Reactions: Sky

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
mmmkay-south.gif

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Entry #437
Dustin Rhodes/King Kong vs. The Equalizer/Awesome Kong
Lethal Lottery Match

WCW BattleBowl - November 20, 1993

I could be satisfied and say that's enough bad match for the day, but I'm on a tight schedule here! So let's take a look at mother fucking BattleBowl! One of WCW's silliest recurring ideas, it paired the "Lethal Lottery" of randomly-assigned tag teams with a two-ring battle royal. After it stank up Starrcade a couple of years in a row, WCW decided to quarantine it to its own show, and it did about as well as you'd expect. An estimated 55000 buys is a value that wouldn't even be matched until Mayhem 2000. That's right, even Russo WCW drew more than this show. And what do you expect, given a card full of TBD vs. TBD? Three matches went sub-zero here, including this one, a match involving Dave Sullivan and famously shit WCW team the Colossal Kongs that got minus three stars. Does it earn them? I bet it does!

Poor Dustin Rhodes. We start with an exchange of wristlocks between the non-Kong wrestlers. Equalizer gets a bit of momentum and starts throwing clotheslines (less like his idol Hogan, more like Warrior) until Dustin shuts him down with a drop toe hold and armdrag. Equalizer swings forearms about and responds to a back body drop attempt by kicking Dustin in the chops. Awesome Kong in now, who stumbles about. Dustin goes for the eyes and rolls him up for two. Awesome rakes the eyes for two and waddles about doing standard shitty big guy offence. I hear this guy taught Mabel everything he knows. Dustin tags in King Kong, and the crowd briefly pops for the idea of two fat fucks facing off, but he doesn't want to and tags Dustin in again. Bullshit!

Awesome's tactics involve truly awful brawling, and Equalizer isn't much better. Dustin gets a wristlock and FINALLY tags in King Kong, and it genuinely sounds like this match is taking place in an anechoic chamber for how quiet it is. This is all just brawling that doesn't even land. Equalizer can't even run the ropes right. He gets a boot up for a King corner charge, hits a shit shoulderblock but misses a legdrop. Hot tags to Dustin and Awesome Kong, and Dustin gets a Bionic Elbow for two. He somehow manages to sunset flip a lager man. Equalizer breaks it up, the match breaks down, and the Kongs sandwich Equalizer. Dustin bulldogs Awesome and finishes it. Jesse Ventura misidentifies Awesome as King during the replays, implying in the process that Dustin pinned his own partner. He might as well have. Not like you can tell. I don't care. It's over.

Poor Dustin Rhodes. Had to deal with these useless fuckers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Assuming this Awesome Kong is not the revolutionary women's wrestler.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen