Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
It has to be bigger in the UK or something, I've seen nothing for it over here. Or maybe I really am living under a rock....
It is a British movie and a lot of the comedy is British style satirical humour.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Just finished Equilibrium. Not a bad film by any means will probably have to watch it again to catch everything and Bruce Wayne kicks ass without the bat suit.

Castiel

Reaction score
Two films that seem to have gone under the radar but I absolutely loved that I've watched recently are Disconnect and The Kings Of Summer. The first is pretty dark but the second is lighthearted for the most parted. Both have really solid casts, huge ensemble in Disconnect and people like Nick Offerman and Alison Brie among some other small but good actors. Oddly enough Moises Arias, Rico from Hannah Montana, absolutely stole the show in the Kings. Totally advise you guys to check them out.

Also got to check out the new Evil Dead recently and loved it! Shiloh Fernandez continues to impress me (Syrup is one of my favorite movies of the year) and Jane Levy is amazing.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah man, Kings of Summer was great and Arias was awesome as Biaggio. I remember randomly seeing him on Hannah Montana (I think he owned a burger stand or something) and he was pretty funny there too.

Saw Horns the other night, it was alright but nothing majorly special. I still can't see anything but Harry Potter in Radcliffe, which I think is going to hurt him a lot in his career. Good thing he's got a ton of dough from those movies to keep him warm at night. Also saw a couple of other movies at TIFF, Dallas Buyers Club with Matthew McConaughey (virtually unrecognizable at times as a man with HIV that smuggles drugs to help with his condition) and Oculus (really cool horror movie with Dr. Who's Karen Gillan and BSG's Katee Sackhoff about a chick trying to prove her brother didn't kill people, a ghost did). Both were good and I'd definitely recommend checking them out when they hit wide release.

I'm going to a couple more movies this afternoon and tonight, John Turturro's "Fading Gigolo" and Ron Howard's "Rush", which both look pretty good. I'll report back on 'em.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Finally saw Silver Linings Playbook, brilliant film. Bradley Cooper was unlucky to have had such tough opposition because that was no doubt an Oscar worthy performance.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Watched the Texas chainsaw massacre: the beginning yesterday not a bad film but Ermy is the fucking man in that movie. I think it would have been worse without him

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4

Castiel

Reaction score
Speaking of horror franchise movies that gets a straight to DVD release, Curse Of Chucky came out today and from my viewing I found it to be a solid return. Hope the other fans here get to it soon and leave their opinion!

As for the other movie I watched today, I'm surprised myself because I willingly watched Battleship. Promised I'd never watch it but randomly felt like giving it a chance. It wasn't as terrible as I'd assumed before, honestly. For a movie based on a board game it was probably as good as it could've been, but there was still no reason for a movie to be made based on a board game and I think that's a major part of what hurt it. Still, you had to love the obvious use of the Battleship in the end and such. If you're in the mood for some mindless Michael Bay like (I'm shocked to learn he didn't direct it) explosive action, go for it. Also, I'm glad Liam Neeson disappeared half way through the movie for some reason. Really out of place, he's great and all obviously but shouldn't have been in it.

I feel bad for Taylor Kitsch, his acting career simply seems to be cursed. Wolverine: Origins, Battleship, John Carter... he's just not meant for movies I guess. I thought he was great when it came to the comedy aspects of Battleship though, those really held the movie together for the moments they went that way (such as the excellent opening), maybe he should try a comedy? Surely he could have his own TV series? I just want the dude to have some success.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
[MENTION=39]Castiel[/MENTION] movies based off board games don't need to be made? Ummm have you seen Clue? It's a classic.

The Viper

Reaction score
Watching Curse of Chucky now. For a straight to DVD sequel of a horror movie, it's incredibly fun. I love it.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Thought battleship was alright, but it's the type of film i see on blu ray for a fiver and still can't convince myself to buy.

I wish kitsch was more successful too. If gambit turns up in the xmen movies again i'd like him to keep the part.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk 4

Castiel

Reaction score
[MENTION=39]Castiel[/MENTION] movies based off board games don't need to be made? Ummm have you seen Clue? It's a classic.

Well damn, you got me there. Didn't we do a movie club kinda thing with that once? Fantastic movie indeed.

P.S. I agree with both Vips and LB on all accounts.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I also got the chance to check out Curse of Chucky and, quite frankly, I thought it was almost all great. There were a couple of things in it that I felt were useless but for the most part it was a good return to form for the series as a whole. I'll be looking at in more detail to kick off a month's worth of horror reviews in October, so watch for that soon.

Castiel

Reaction score
Oh man, looking forward to that dude! Horror reviews and more importantly actually watching plenty horror movies will make October a great month!

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
just watched Rapturepalooza it was pretty damn funny I gotta admit... great cast and just a good flick and Craig Robinson rules

also just watched Pawn Shop Chronicles very solid little flick with some fucked up stories great cast and Paul Walkers best acting job ever

Last edited by a moderator: