Random Movie Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
Aliens was pretty awesome on the big screen, it's just too bad it wasn't the director's cut. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon and $6 though.

You're lucky, I'd love to see that on the big screen. Must've been fun.

I too prefer the Aliens Special Edition, I enjoy the additional footage.

Castiel

Reaction score
Despite hating the G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra I decided to check out Retaliation and for what it was I quite enjoyed it. I did check out the cast for the first since it's been awhile and how the hell did they manage to make a movie with Marlon Wayans, Brendan Fraser, Dennis Quaid, and Arnold Vosloo then have Channing Tatum as the star? They're all barely tolerable alone, together it's just a mess. Also, JGL as Cobra? What an odd choice... maybe I just liked the new one more because it had The Rock, maybe I just didn't expect too much so I was pleasantly surprised, or maybe I'm just in love Adrianne Palicki? It's probably a mix of all of those.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Despite hating the G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra I decided to check out Retaliation and for what it was I quite enjoyed it. I did check out the cast for the first since it's been awhile and how the hell did they manage to make a movie with Marlon Wayans, Brendan Fraser, Dennis Quaid, and Arnold Vosloo then have Channing Tatum as the star? They're all barely tolerable alone, together it's just a mess. Also, JGL as Cobra? What an odd choice... maybe I just liked the new one more because it had The Rock, maybe I just didn't expect too much so I was pleasantly surprised, or maybe I'm just in love Adrianne Palicki? It's probably a mix of all of those.

I will give my thoughts on retaliation later tonight as I am getting ready to go watch it. Can't talk the wife into seeing Evil Dead.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Palicki is so hot

Castiel

Reaction score
Damn right, Booty. I'm getting through Friday Night Lights right now which has her too.

Sorry to hear about Evil Dead! I'm sure that's better than G.I. Joe but I guess I can understand your wife not wanting to see it! Lol, I've heard really awesome things about it so far though! Plus, Jane Levy. <3

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
No problem.

Now with GI Joe. Much improvement from the first one, as a child of the 80's this fit right in with the cartoon, but there were elements of the film that I questioned. It was a fun movie where I chuckled about things and others I scratched my head about. I liked it. 6/10 and Lady Jaye running in her running outfit and changing was very very very nice, Palicki is freaking hot.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I watched Rock Of Ages last night. Disappointing overall, I heard bad things about it but I expected it to be harmless fun in the least. Problem is that despite the content, it still feels like it's aimed at the Glee market. That Julianne Hough chick is damn fine though.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
saw Evil Dead today and it was pretty fucking good....very gory and very much in the same genre as the first one.....a lot of little homage's to the first series as well...very well done and a good watch in the theatre

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
saw Evil Dead today and it was pretty fucking good....very gory and very much in the same genre as the first one.....a lot of little homage's to the first series as well...very well done and a good watch in the theatre

I am so jealous right now.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
yeah it was pretty damn good not gonna lie

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
you are a much tougher critic then me but 50k gallons of blood should make u happy...also stay after the credits

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Just about to watch Jurassic Park in IMAX 3D and I'm stoked!! I'll report back how awesome it was once its over.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Just watched the Red Dawn remake and it was actually pretty fucking good....they changed up enough of the storyline and outcomes to keep it fresh while still keeping true to the original....I love the first one and this one lives up to it....and it has Palicki in it and she is FIIIINE

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Just watched the Red Dawn remake and it was actually pretty fucking good....they changed up enough of the storyline and outcomes to keep it fresh while still keeping true to the original....I love the first one and this one lives up to it....and it has Palicki in it and she is FIIIINE

I watched that Thursday night myself. I thought it was ok for an updated reboot but I still prefer the original over this one.