Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
also seeing sky and barry's reaction to my reasoning, im going to chalk it up as the norm here to overexplain a null read

which means mando is more likely town than not and what he's doing is just the norm since nobody seems to be bothered by it so far

still need to see him cooking actual scum reads
and yet all of this evidence was present back when you were pushing it in the first place... :hmm:

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I feel that Cake read isn't going to cut it because even though she's a low poster she had something that shoukd be fairly pingy which was the Blaine post length analysis. Came across as low effort goodguying to me. You should at least have SOME opinion on it
I dont get how you can call it low effort or goodguying lmao. It makes no sense. Objectively its fairly high effort to go looking at games to see someones WORD COUNT (not post count) and going back to games 2+ years ago. It's not low effort at all. What's the scum motivation there? Talk me through the "I am scum and this seems like a good idea to me" thought process please

How is it goodguying? 1) Nobody was sussing him for making a long post and 2) her conclusion was that it was NAI so she's not even defending him. So where does the goodguy come in? You're not just using buzz words for the sake of it are you?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
is it scummy to acknowledge if someone started playing better after ur initial sus of them? i can guarantee u votes on me mean nothing lol

also i never intended for the day to end immediately etc.. i just intended to push an early scum read to see more of them, i haven't even gotten around to asking ppl to vote mando and he already started talking lol
you keep saying he started playing better but you've not said how or why kek

your walking back of the read legit makes no sense to me

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Not necessarily but I've seen town/indie Cake post regularly and immediately make herself look awful and get mislynched so maybe the reverse is true?

I wasn't even trying to make a statement re: her alignment, just asking for your opinion on whether that "data" felt genuine or not
Are you having a laugh lmao

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Bad. Poyser's given a couple of overly easy town reads this game, he gave one to JMcH too for being "at ease" early on
what does that say about me?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I'm not giving her credit for it because it's low effort and broadly in town interest without actually helping the game

You're definitely reading her town waaaaay too easy. She's really not given us much to suggest one way or the other but no idea why you're defending her like this
But how could she know it wouldn't help the game before she went to check?? none of these things she's being accused with make any sense at all

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Scared? No. It is possible to not want to be lynched as town as well as scum.

I think it was evident to me that Ekko was trying to slip me up and even if I think he’s scum, so? Say he is successful and I do accidentally make a mistake (which town players can do because bad play does not ALWAYS mean scum) and then I get jumped on by everyone else? I can’t be aware of that? Just because I think Ekko is spouting tripe doesn’t mean that everyone else will, does it? He did those things as a guise to “getting me involved” when he was the only person really saying that I wasn’t by taking issue with a post no one else seems to have a problem with.

Then as soon as I’d pushed back on him enough and disproved most of what he was saying because players such as Sky and Evans were disagreeing with him, he actually backed down because he knew he wasn’t going to get anywhere.

The reason he needed to try and put me in the positions where I could trip up is because he didn’t have enough basis in the first place and he needed to justify himself.

It’s not news that this is how I play. I take time to consider things and I am careful with my votes. This is how I have played near every game I’ve played here and in other places since I developed my meta over on WC. I have spent most of the games here defending myself because people will still use my play style as a reason to go after me even if there’s nothing wrong with what I’ve said. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with explaining a read - even if it is null - and Ekko using that as a basis to go for me was weak.

And of course I was implying that his play was scummy, but he was acting like I was ranting and raving about it and calling him scummy like he was to me. I never actually called him scummy at that point in the game.

It’s the weekend so I’m busy with family today. Will be back this evening.
So you play the game worrying about whether or not you might get lynched over anything else? Even as town? It's been a while I know but that's not really how I remember you at all.
Thing is you think he's scum, so as town you'd want to get him lynched. I can't imagine as town you'd think "this guy is scum, but i won't try and lynch him because he might make me look bad". It's just not usually a thought process you go through as town, which would typically be "this guy is scum, lets get a claim and then possibly lynch him. ill vote to make that happen". But what you did was hold your vote because you were worried that he'd call you out for OMGUS (which means you must at least partly think that your sus was OMGUS because if not then you'd easily be able to explain that away) and then you waited a grant total of FIVE MINUTES and then dropped your vote. What changed in that time? I can think of 2 things 1) he called you out for not voting, the opposite of what you predicted and 2) you realised you're the one that had support

It's all very calculated and centred around self image rather than trying to solve the game. And fwiw I completely agree with you over ekko about explaining a null read - I was initially completely on your side when I was reading through, but that changed because I think your play around him has been very cagey and calculated.

Like the fact you spend a good amount of time implying he is scummy, yet you then go like "did i say you were scummy?" as if not explicitly saying it undermines a point he was making even though it's very clear what you were doing and why he would feel you were calling him scummy. Again it was set up like a "gotcha" rather than thinking it was actually a good point

Reactions: Ekkologix

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
A lot to unpack from that readback

Im interested to see why barry thinks wang has been "more active AND LUCID than he has been in mafia in years". This statement was made before wang's recent flurry of posts and readback so Im very very curious to see how he arrived at that conclusion as there wasn't anything lucid in Wang's posts before that.

On wang - his latter posts were better but that's just more in line with what i expect from him anyway. still think he was incredibly timid in the early part of the game

Ekko - seems to be kinda flailing. he looks town overall to me as I'd say flailing ekko is kind of what im used to. i really don't get his turn around on Mando tho. the cynic in me does think it seems to be motivated out of self preservation rather than belief

Sky - She seems fairly town, but her boner for making juice looks bad based on something that is at best town indicative and at worst NAI is bizarre. It kinda strikes me as agenda driven rather than a genuine belief that what juice did was bad, which admittedly is in sky's wheelhouse lol

Both Lethal and Haza coming in to drop "im here" posts and then not posting anything else :francis

1. McHenry - slipping to around null as he hasn't really done anything as far as i can see since i gave him an early town lean
2. Lethal - bleh
3. Juice - town lean
4. Sky - town lean
5. Barry - maybe town/awaiting responses
6. Wang - scum lean
7. OMB - didnt know was in game
8. Pendex - null probably not gonna exist
9. Evans - unsure. his stuff around ekko is pretty much what i expect of him in general as he loves to get caught up in weird shit like that, but i think he looks pretty bad if mando is scum
10. Man - strongest scum read currently
11. Ekko - leaning town side
12. Poyser - towniest guy in the game
13. Blaine - null
14. RDK - bleh

vote mando

have him as scum stronger than i do wang, though i'd be quite happy yeeting wang as well

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
In fact I'll upgrade blaine to a soft town lean. he seems happy enough to get involved in convo which i don't think he really does as scum if my vague memory is right

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
one of haza/lethal is scum imo. take it to the bank

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
So you play the game worrying about whether or not you might get lynched over anything else? Even as town? It's been a while I know but that's not really how I remember you at all.
Thing is you think he's scum, so as town you'd want to get him lynched. I can't imagine as town you'd think "this guy is scum, but i won't try and lynch him because he might make me look bad". It's just not usually a thought process you go through as town, which would typically be "this guy is scum, lets get a claim and then possibly lynch him. ill vote to make that happen". But what you did was hold your vote because you were worried that he'd call you out for OMGUS (which means you must at least partly think that your sus was OMGUS because if not then you'd easily be able to explain that away) and then you waited a grant total of FIVE MINUTES and then dropped your vote. What changed in that time? I can think of 2 things 1) he called you out for not voting, the opposite of what you predicted and 2) you realised you're the one that had support

It's all very calculated and centred around self image rather than trying to solve the game. And fwiw I completely agree with you over ekko about explaining a null read - I was initially completely on your side when I was reading through, but that changed because I think your play around him has been very cagey and calculated.

Like the fact you spend a good amount of time implying he is scummy, yet you then go like "did i say you were scummy?" as if not explicitly saying it undermines a point he was making even though it's very clear what you were doing and why he would feel you were calling him scummy. Again it was set up like a "gotcha" rather than thinking it was actually a good point
When you’ve been lynched for no reason as town as many times as I have in these games you’d be cautious about how you’re coming off too.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
When you’ve been lynched for no reason as town as many times as I have in these games you’d be cautious about how you’re coming off too.
I mean, I can get being wary to an extent, but not really at the cost of pushing who I think is scum

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
you keep saying he started playing better but you've not said how or why kek

your walking back of the read legit makes no sense to me
i said his recent posts r a bit better in terms of confidence

and i dont think he would stay still that late at night as scum this early in the day

also sky/barry are implying that this is normal mando behavior so im also chalking my original accusations to the norms

im basically giving him benefit of the doubt despite his play being objectively scummy to me

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
this makes no sense at all lol

you look like you're trying rlly rlly hard to back out of that scum read. anything to do with the fact that a wagon started building on you based on you pushing him?
it does

as scum u have teammates. u dont stay up to 2 am middle of day 1 to defend urself and show this wariness of being lynched because u know they won't facilitate movement on ur wagon and there is 0 reason for town to speed lynch u right now before ur claim, so u can just go to sleep and wake up before responding to waste town time

his concern and worries likely comes from a point where he doesnt have a team. maybe an indie