Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Lol, of course his conviction is going to increase in an argument in which he's being called out for a lack of such.

I just don't get your process here at all, it's confusing to me

I have him as a scum read, I guess you'll see it when you catch up
do u think he can be indie?

i didnt think town mando would be worried about being called out for omgus or running away, so he is very image concious and concerned about his survival more than voting out what he thinks is scum

at the same time seems to have no team otherwise didnt need to spend time defending himself at 2am this early in the day when he cud just waste town time

that wud make him indie then

the ball is on his court anyway. dont confuse "looking better" as me not scum reading him. he just went from lean scum to null/scum or indie territory

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Lets get a wagon on him then

Im not sure about evans personally. I've seen him get caught up on dumb shit so many times. I do think he looks the best direction if mando is scum tho. If mando is town then I just don't know. I'd probably say he's playing more in line with what I expect of him as town tbh
why not me?

let me catch up. will be in few hours

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score

i didnt think town mando would be worried about being called out for omgus or running away, so he is very image concious and concerned about his survival more than voting out what he thinks is scum

at the same time seems to have no team otherwise didnt need to spend time defending himself at 2am this early in the day when he cud just waste town time

the ball is on his court anyway. dont confuse "looking better" as me not scum reading him. he just went from lean scum to null/scum or indie territory
Well no, I think he is scum lol. Im not even sure if an indy would be in a game this small but Im not going to go hunting for one. I dont think your post about staying up til 2am holds any water at all. I think there is evidence of him having a team due to the fact that nobody other than me and you have so far bitten in his direction, and yet you have 3 or 4 votes

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I’ll get the quotes off OLF of you demanding reads and reasoning on my break

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

Indie spec day 1 :pogba

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Indie spec day 1 :pogba
Sanity check

Is his reasoning of Mando staying up til 2am to defend himself making him more likely to be town fucking stupid or is it just me

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
its not always a bad thing, but most of the time giving reasons for null reads comes more from scum than town. townies look to place the null reads into scum or town. mafia looks to keep the PoE large, and null reads is perfect zone for it, and they keep it there by fabricating some nonsense to keep a player in that zone

for instance, compare my initial post to mando's list. u will notice a distinct difference in how 1. i try to place people as scum or town even if i null read them, and 2. i dont overexplain or give them what they need to do for me to read them better, it's usually better to just say "need to see more".

i don't think mando overexplaining or fence sitting can ONLY come from scum, but i think it's generally a scummy behavior. just like cake's behavior of isoing a player over 3 years only to null read them, disregarding that their play could have improved over time as either alignmen.t its busy work

i generally think overexplainations early game is a scummy trait, because scums are compelled to appear solving, while town doesnt give a damn. in the beginning most of their reads will be tone/meta based anyway, but they will still attempt to move the players out of null and not overexplain it

another element to it is i dont recall mando interacting much with the names he brought in order to read them better. when you and poyser voted wang, mando made 0 comments about that wagon, nor any attempt to actually read wang prior, unless i missed some. i treat this as more scummy usually because wang was also there and didn't react to his wagon either, so what is mando doing just letting wang cruise in as he pleases and letting the wagon on him grow without saying anything. it comes off really non committal

the bolded paragraph is the definition of fence sitting and this whole post is word salad mate.

The reads you called fence sitting were very much commenting on town like behaviour but saying it’s too early to commit to a lean.

whereas you’re here saying “oh it’s usually scum behaviour but I can see why it’s town”

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Sanity check

Is his reasoning of Mando staying up til 2am to defend himself making him more likely to be town fucking stupid or is it just me

scum only defend themselves 9-5

of course it’s insanity. I can’t once think of a game where because their team wasn’t active, the rest of scum absconded from the game until they were all active lmao

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I haven't played with Evans in probably a few years and what I remember is he has tossed team mates under the bus and I believe we were masons once in a game and he was close on the scum team.

Not sure if this is him calling out Ekko or trying to buddy up to Mando in this post. His posts after this seems to be following Mando or supporting him. He then votes Ekko first after supporting Mando.
This is massively not true lol

aside from my last game as scum where I duelled a team mate as we were both under a huge amount of pressure. I’m always a team player

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
also seeing sky and barry's reaction to my reasoning, im going to chalk it up as the norm here to overexplain a null read

which means mando is more likely town than not and what he's doing is just the norm since nobody seems to be bothered by it so far

still need to see him cooking actual scum reads

:pogba

So Sky and Barry’s way of explaining null reads has changed your entire outlook on over explaining null reads is scummy?

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Evans- null but I am trying to determine if he was buddying up to Man or just wanted to argue with Ekko.

Why does it feel like you’re setting up some narrative here Wang lol

Why does it have be just those two options? It’s like you’ve decided I’m scummy and you can’t see any town motivation

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
It's probably the most bizarre reason I've ever seen to walk back a scum read lmao

Does it not give you the impression that he’s scum and got caught out by stronger players?

Probably got a weak team and no one to tell him to reign him in or provide him support. And then he got put into a position where he looked bad and had to talk his way out of it