Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tig

Reaction score
OH- and I also don't think Cake should have claimed unless she was literally one away from lynch. Can understand mafia pressure on the claim but town pressure on somebody who doesn't want to claim is probably going to have a bad result. Don't get me wrong, Mafia probably would have figured her for doctor anyway but it slightly increases the chances that they miss their shot that night.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Tig

Reaction score
Have you played under another name before?
I've been Tig for years now but migrated over when WrestlingClique closed down. I played a good bit over there - but the games definitely went a bit differently - have never played here. I haven't played mafia in a few years (aside from the small discord games the e-fed community runs occasionally!) but have cautiously signed up for Smark's Pretty Little Liars game.

Random af, but there was a guy called Poyser that used to post on a forum I was on like a decade plus ago - it was a shoot-off of the old WWE Universe forums (if anyone remembers them lol) - that ain't you is it? The forum was called "The Universe".

Reactions: Wangman Page

Tig

Reaction score
Shit, I've one more general question to town: when Blaine said that Sky lied about detecting his movement, there seemed to be very little consideration given to that - aside from The Polar Bear iirc - in a LyLo situation, why was that not explored more?

Not critiquing, just trying to get some more feels and vibes before I make Smarks debut.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I've been Tig for years now but migrated over when WrestlingClique closed down. I played a good bit over there - but the games definitely went a bit differently - have never played here. I haven't played mafia in a few years (aside from the small discord games the e-fed community runs occasionally!) but have cautiously signed up for Smark's Pretty Little Liars game.

Random af, but there was a guy called Poyser that used to post on a forum I was on like a decade plus ago - it was a shoot-off of the old WWE Universe forums (if anyone remembers them lol) - that ain't you is it? The forum was called "The Universe".
Nah don't think I've ever been on that site. I mostly just used Wrestling Forum before it all went to crap but even then outside of mafia I didn't post much

Reactions: Tig

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Shit, I've one more general question to town: when Blaine said that Sky lied about detecting his movement, there seemed to be very little consideration given to that - aside from The Polar Bear iirc - in a LyLo situation, why was that not explored more?

Not critiquing, just trying to get some more feels and vibes before I make Smarks debut.
It should have been. Faking info in LyLo is a tactic as old as time lol. Thing is, most of them had blaine as scum anyway (literally not a clue why) so they used Sky's info as confirmation and thus didn't think to critique the merits of what happened

Reactions: Tig

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
That said, the chances of there being another Poyser on a wrestling forum seems very remote lmao. Wonder if someone was pretending to be me or something? Very strange

How long ago are we talking? Dont think I had enemies on WF!

Tig

Reaction score
That said, the chances of there being another Poyser on a wrestling forum seems very remote lmao. Wonder if someone was pretending to be me or something? Very strange

How long ago are we talking? Dont think I had enemies on WF!
That was my line of thinking!!

But this was around 2010/2011 and there was no mafia whatsoever on the forum it was mostly just wrestling discussion with a small efed/btb section... maybe you had an unknown enemy... or maybe there was just a glitch in the matrix!

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
That was my line of thinking!!

But this was around 2010/2011 and there was no mafia whatsoever on the forum it was mostly just wrestling discussion with a small efed/btb section... maybe you had an unknown enemy... or maybe there was just a glitch in the matrix!
Oh yeah nah 100% not me haha. I signed up to WF in like 2014 and don't think I did anything before that. Possible chance I made a post or 2 back on the Wrestlezone forums back in the day as I used to read them. 2010 seems a bit before the time of me even reading wrestling forums though. Guess there's just another Poyser out there that likes wrestling!

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
From a non-player keenly observing my big takeaways were

1. Ekko/Man being Town/Town was pretty crazy but really well manipulated by mafia on both sides (Poyser and Evans)
  2. Ekko was making some strong logistical points (even if I think Man was the incorrect target of said points, the way he was thinking was primarily logical and IMO trying to find scum - I think he would've if he survived) but I think his posting style comes off as abrasive to some players and I don't think he'd have been lynched if making the same points/using the same logistical reasoning with it being toned back some.
  3. That night 1 could not have gone worse for town lol
  4. Evans was the standout player, the mafia team played well overall really though. (I figured Poyser was likely mafia based on the ekko/man mid-readthrough switch but he played strongly and people didn't pick up on it, Sky did super well in so that they put themselves in a position where they were potentially entering a claim/claim situation but Sky seemed to always look likely to come out on top so fair play) Evans was really, really good though. Didn't enter my head as mafia.
  5. The Polar Bear was a good presence and I feel like was on the right track and would've been someone I listened to in-game.
  6. Blaine is 10x the player I remember.
  7. Seems like there are a hell of a lot of roles in these games. I'm used to a more vanilla set-up but it was pretty fun to watch unfold.

Entertaining reading.
i mean i was saying the truth lol

this requires me to lie to people to get them to cooperate

good job town, you guys were doing well! great analysis, wonderful insights!! we'll get them next time lads I am certain of it!

Tig

Reaction score
i mean i was saying the truth lol

this requires me to lie to people to get them to cooperate

good job town, you guys were doing well! great analysis, wonderful insights!! we'll get them next time lads I am certain of it!
I personally don’t mind if people go hard on their stances or sling a little mud around - esp if it’s clear scum hunting - it was just my observation that I think it may have played a part in your lynch! Not saying I’d have joined in or that you’re wrong but I think sometimes in Mafia games if people get rubbed the wrong way by comments it just becomes a case of: “let’s get this dude out” without a proper think through. I don’t think you/Man should’ve been the route for the rest of town to go tbh… I feel like a day 1 flare up like that should be at least let fester a bit because it draws people in and forces some gameplay. When it turned out to be town/town people weren’t sure were to look then… could be wrong, easier looking in for sure than when participating.

hopefully you draw town again in the next game and we do get them tho

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Just wanted to say as well that for the most part this game was played in the right spirit, and whilst still competitive, was enjoyable as a result. Some things I rolled my eyes at as a couple of remarks definitely crossed a line, but for the most part this stayed above board.

Just realised I hadn’t thanked Smark for the game yet, so thank you mate for putting this together and you’ve helped me get the bug again hence my quick sign up to the next one.

Also should probably apologise to John for getting killed and preventing him from being able to play before he’d really had a chance to get stuck in haha

good work team

No worries I was legit busy still am. I was suprised they didn't start targeting me for sticking up for you. If you'd made it through the night I was expecting to get the target the next day.

I do think I played that d1 best I could have though.

Also there was a dead chat? What's up wit dat?