Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
what happened to the cops vigs etc.. i was not following thread after my death but im curious how is evans not mechanically resolved lol
Just don't even look and run away

• Haha
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
And I 1000% agree. It’s not just with Ekko either. I don’t think there’s any reason OMB should’ve been lynched when he was either. I think people just don’t get how he plays and so he just automatically always becomes a lynch at some point.
tbf they thought he was lying. i told evans to correct it after the hammer lol

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
If I had a tip for you Juice it's to never base your entire worldview based on setup/rolespec. We've all had years of practising to make sure our games can't be solved that way. It won't work. It needs to be play above all else, and then you use rolespec to help you define more

Also a tip for town at large - never trust info given at lylo. Literally never

Reactions: Wangman Page

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Yeah and they were 100% lining me up for a lynch on Day 2, all three of them were up my arse at night before Lethal did their job for them. They did well to make me look bad enough that a vig would want to go for me although I didn’t do myself many favours.

Had fun with this game for the most part. Well played to the winners.
you're a good player dude. dont know why we always seem to be on opposite sides :heston

• Love
Reactions: Mandalorian

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
tbf if it makes town feel better, the last phase was kind of irrelevant. even if you guys went on the right track and went for me/evans/sky I was a pacifier and could stop the lynch as long as the day lasted 12 hours. We slow rolled that phase as much as possible to make sure it went to 12 hours so we could use it. At night we had 2 kills cos we had a strongman and we could redirect lethal. Leaves us with a 3/3/1 and then whichever one of us was outed from the lynch being stopped the day before could just strongarm ratchet into voting alongside us lol

That said, manipulating town into lynching the cop always feels :banderas:

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
1700733724775.png

This could have been iconic lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Tig

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I added you add ekko and I to scum chat. Most of the game it's me talking.

• Love
Reactions: Poyser

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say as well that for the most part this game was played in the right spirit, and whilst still competitive, was enjoyable as a result. Some things I rolled my eyes at as a couple of remarks definitely crossed a line, but for the most part this stayed above board.

Just realised I hadn’t thanked Smark for the game yet, so thank you mate for putting this together and you’ve helped me get the bug again hence my quick sign up to the next one.

Also should probably apologise to John for getting killed and preventing him from being able to play before he’d really had a chance to get stuck in haha

good work team

Tig

Reaction score
From a non-player keenly observing my big takeaways were

1. Ekko/Man being Town/Town was pretty crazy but really well manipulated by mafia on both sides (Poyser and Evans)
  2. Ekko was making some strong logistical points (even if I think Man was the incorrect target of said points, the way he was thinking was primarily logical and IMO trying to find scum - I think he would've if he survived) but I think his posting style comes off as abrasive to some players and I don't think he'd have been lynched if making the same points/using the same logistical reasoning with it being toned back some.
  3. That night 1 could not have gone worse for town lol
  4. Evans was the standout player, the mafia team played well overall really though. (I figured Poyser was likely mafia based on the ekko/man mid-readthrough switch but he played strongly and people didn't pick up on it, Sky did super well in so that they put themselves in a position where they were potentially entering a claim/claim situation but Sky seemed to always look likely to come out on top so fair play) Evans was really, really good though. Didn't enter my head as mafia.
  5. The Polar Bear was a good presence and I feel like was on the right track and would've been someone I listened to in-game.
  6. Blaine is 10x the player I remember.
  7. Seems like there are a hell of a lot of roles in these games. I'm used to a more vanilla set-up but it was pretty fun to watch unfold.

Entertaining reading.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
From a non-player keenly observing my big takeaways were

1. Ekko/Man being Town/Town was pretty crazy but really well manipulated by mafia on both sides (Poyser and Evans)
  2. Ekko was making some strong logistical points (even if I think Man was the incorrect target of said points, the way he was thinking was primarily logical and IMO trying to find scum - I think he would've if he survived) but I think his posting style comes off as abrasive to some players and I don't think he'd have been lynched if making the same points/using the same logistical reasoning with it being toned back some.
  3. That night 1 could not have gone worse for town lol
  4. Evans was the standout player, the mafia team played well overall really though. (I figured Poyser was likely mafia based on the ekko/man mid-readthrough switch but he played strongly and people didn't pick up on it, Sky did super well in so that they put themselves in a position where they were potentially entering a claim/claim situation but Sky seemed to always look likely to come out on top so fair play) Evans was really, really good though. Didn't enter my head as mafia.
  5. The Polar Bear was a good presence and I feel like was on the right track and would've been someone I listened to in-game.
  6. Blaine is 10x the player I remember.
  7. Seems like there are a hell of a lot of roles in these games. I'm used to a more vanilla set-up but it was pretty fun to watch unfold.

Entertaining reading.
Have you played under another name before?