Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I dont have a vivid memory but what I do remember is he kinda blends into the background and just chimes in from time to time. What I do remember tho is that the posts he does make are usually solid as either alignment. Not sure I've seen too much of a contrast between his play as alignments, but what I noticed here is the posts he was making were pretty much all window dressing. I didn't really like him asking what a ML was as it seems fairly obvious in context when you've played mafia before, but it just struck me as "here's an easy post i can make" ditto his observation about blaine "jumping in early" but when asked to expand he didn't really take any opportunity to ponder what it would mean for blaine's alignment, just that he posted more words than usual. Didn't really seem like he wanted to get involved in game solve talk, and all of his posts were either not game related or just casual observations and I expect more insight from him
does his recent posts move the needle for u anywhere?

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I dont get this, what about his responses do you consider improvement? That he voted you after you told him to? Is him solely assigning scum motivation to your actions not concerning to you, if you know you are town?
the confidence is what improved

im still waiting for mando to interact with others and make an actual scum read. i havent read the thread yet just woke up

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
In fact I don’t like this post at all. I’d be fine if you called it NAI - whether I’m right is debatable, but I don’t see how it can be construed as a bad look in any way. It’s like you’re accusing her of KNOWING it’s irrelevant before she checks.

this post kinda reads like you just decided you wanted to make her look bad rather than genuinely think she looks bad as your reason makes no sense
i just said the post would be fine if she has other relveant conetent in thread. that post being her sole contribution is not good

and idk her history with blain..i just know that what she presented has no value considering blain could have grown over this time too. and she didnt have to make that post if all she got from it was a null. she could just have scrapped the draft and start doing something else with her time in the game

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
i said his recent posts r a bit better in terms of confidence

and i dont think he would stay still that late at night as scum this early in the day

also sky/barry are implying that this is normal mando behavior so im also chalking my original accusations to the norms

im basically giving him benefit of the doubt despite his play being objectively scummy to me
Why would you do this?

Your original accusations were trash, but the points about his interactions with you directly were good, and I don't really see anybody saying that is normal for him? I don't ever remember him being so self conscious lol

Also how is staying up late to defend himself AI in any way lmao? It's completely irrelevant and just comes down to personality type. If you feel the need to spend time defending yourself, then doing so will be the case whether you're town or scum.

It's probably the most bizarre reason I've ever seen to walk back a scum read lmao

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
it does

as scum u have teammates. u dont stay up to 2 am middle of day 1 to defend urself and show this wariness of being lynched because u know they won't facilitate movement on ur wagon and there is 0 reason for town to speed lynch u right now before ur claim, so u can just go to sleep and wake up before responding to waste town time

his concern and worries likely comes from a point where he doesnt have a team. maybe an indie
I'd argue the complete opposite, that if anything you'd be more likely to stay up and defend yourself because you're far more wary about being pressured/far more sensitive to pressure than you would be as town lol

I don't really think its AI at all like I said, but your angle doesn't make any sense in any way

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
the confidence is what improved

im still waiting for mando to interact with others and make an actual scum read. i havent read the thread yet just woke up
That's just a generic thing to say. His confidence improved in what way lol? His conviction with voting you/calling you scum do you mean?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
i just said the post would be fine if she has other relveant conetent in thread. that post being her sole contribution is not good

and idk her history with blain..i just know that what she presented has no value considering blain could have grown over this time too. and she didnt have to make that post if all she got from it was a null. she could just have scrapped the draft and start doing something else with her time in the game
Disagree, if you've spent time doing it then you may as well post it. She may have concluded that his entry post is NAI, but as it was a point of discussion from other people, then that in itself is helpful to the game

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
It’s implied in “ASAP” m8
that word doesnt mean lets all vote him now before he gets a chance to claim and defend himself. i havent asked a single person to vote him, but i was planning to if he took longer to talk and play

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
that word doesnt mean lets all vote him now before he gets a chance to claim and defend himself. i havent asked a single person to vote him, but i was planning to if he took longer to talk and play
Oh right

I was under the impression that ASAP stood for as soon as possible

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Since you've gone limp dick on Mando, who's your best scum read now ekko?

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
That's just a generic thing to say. His confidence improved in what way lol? His conviction with voting you/calling you scum do you mean?
taking a stance

and as i mentioned it is better that what he had before but it doesnt fully make him town because it was provoked by me. so his direction is bad so far. i am looking for how he progresses the read on me during the day and his interactions and solve with other players

what's ur own read of him

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
taking a stance

and as i mentioned it is better that what he had before but it doesnt fully make him town because it was provoked by me. so his direction is bad so far. i am looking for how he progresses the read on me during the day and his interactions and solve with other players

what's ur own read of him
Lol, of course his conviction is going to increase in an argument in which he's being called out for a lack of such.

I just don't get your process here at all, it's confusing to me

I have him as a scum read, I guess you'll see it when you catch up

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
evans

and mando isnt out the waters yet. slow down
Lets get a wagon on him then

Im not sure about evans personally. I've seen him get caught up on dumb shit so many times. I do think he looks the best direction if mando is scum tho. If mando is town then I just don't know. I'd probably say he's playing more in line with what I expect of him as town tbh